Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dreadtooth

dean_naka's Avatar


dean_naka
11.29.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1
Server-The Bastion

Is Dreadtooth working as intended? A group killed him three times today but each time he respawned back with only 1 difficulty stack. Are we expected to farm Dreadful Essences to get him to higher stacks? My intial understanding is that if a group killed him with one stack, he would come back with 2 stacks in 30min.

Thanks
cLOUDDEAD-The Bastion
www.hakunarakata.com

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
11.29.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
when u down him, somsoen gets an item that you can use to increase the number of stacks....


i think

dean_naka's Avatar


dean_naka
11.29.2012 , 04:53 PM | #3
Yeah it appears I need to farm Dreadful Essences from the boss himself...that takes alot of time. So to get him to 4 stacks I would need to get three Essences first. 30min respawn inbetween each one...

On top of that we would only then have 1 shot to down him at 4 stacks then he would go back down to one.

Wow.
cLOUDDEAD-The Bastion
www.hakunarakata.com

Wonkadude's Avatar


Wonkadude
11.29.2012 , 07:27 PM | #4
If the group that downed him stays there, he respawns with 1 more edited: difficulty stack

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
11.29.2012 , 09:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dean_naka View Post
Yeah it appears I need to farm Dreadful Essences from the boss himself...that takes alot of time. So to get him to 4 stacks I would need to get three Essences first. 30min respawn inbetween each one...

On top of that we would only then have 1 shot to down him at 4 stacks then he would go back down to one.

Wow.
No, the stacks stay on him once you apply them. If you wipe, wait 5 min and try again.

That being said, DON'T put more on then you can handle, you have no way of getting them off
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

dean_naka's Avatar


dean_naka
11.30.2012 , 02:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
No, the stacks stay on him once you apply them. If you wipe, wait 5 min and try again.

That being said, DON'T put more on then you can handle, you have no way of getting them off
So is the only way to apply additional stacks is with Dreadful Essences?

He should come back with an additional stack just from killing him, right?
cLOUDDEAD-The Bastion
www.hakunarakata.com

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
11.30.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7
I killed him yesterday, first with a pug group and then with guild (total of 6 kills) he had 1 stack when we started and when he respawned he still had only one stack, only when we used the Dreadful Essences on him did his amount of stacks improve. Not that this happened a total of five times, when killed he respawned but with only one stack, funny thing that we killed him with two stacks and three stacks, but he ALWAYS respawned with one stack (not zero, two or three or even four, always one stack).

That cannot be working as intended, right?
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caddaver's Avatar


Caddaver
10.26.2013 , 05:23 PM | #8
If you kill him he will always respawn in 30 minutes with just 1 stack. You must use the dreadful resurgence to stack him each time. If you're not on top of him another group will snatch him away from you, I've seen it happen! This can happen even after you stack him for your group!

During one run I was kiting him around for our guild, and when I finally brought him around the corner and almost in the arena a pub group came out of stealth and swiped him! It was funny...pissed me off, but funny at the same time!

IamWICKED's Avatar


IamWICKED
10.26.2013 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I killed him yesterday, first with a pug group and then with guild (total of 6 kills) he had 1 stack when we started and when he respawned he still had only one stack, only when we used the Dreadful Essences on him did his amount of stacks improve. Not that this happened a total of five times, when killed he respawned but with only one stack, funny thing that we killed him with two stacks and three stacks, but he ALWAYS respawned with one stack (not zero, two or three or even four, always one stack).

That cannot be working as intended, right?
its is working as intended
he is only gaining stacks bye applying Dreadful Essences!
he will always spawn with 1 stack and drop 1 Dreadful Essen (more if u kill him with more stacks i think)

so u need to kill him 9 times with 1 stack to get 9 Dreadful Essences if u want to try 10 stacks etc

first when section x was implemented he gained a stack every time he was killed
but that was changed at some point


(excuse my poor English skills)
TheWicked <NGE> ToFN

Jzimmer's Avatar


Jzimmer
10.26.2013 , 10:38 PM | #10
When dreadtooth and section X were first implemented, the respawn timer was longer 2 hours I believe, and he did not drop dreadful essences. Instead you had to keep killing him at increasing stacks up to the point where you wanted and if you wasn't engaged for a certain period of time he would reset back to 1 stack. It was changed shortly after because it was a terrible system. I'm fairly sure this is how it originally worked, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.