Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

Saiyanbob
11.28.2012 , 11:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Hybrid is far better than lightning on most fights. Lightning only works well with no movement (not a lot of fights).
Yeah my problem with hybrid is it is only a small bit harder than playing a PT. There is not real challenge to it to pull good numbers. My second problem with it is for 50 more dps (that is what I average over my lightning spec) it is just not worth it.

Also I personally have never been out dps'd by a hybrid sorc, this could be from not having adequate challengers or the fact that I parse on average about 10-20 hours a week (not a joke it is what I do when I'm bored and just chatting) and my gear is absolutely min maxed. I also do my own theory crafting,. I keep up to date with whats being said online but rarely agree with what they find and do better than the number crunchers online do. Never underestimate what determination and obsessive tweaking of your rotation (and spec depending on the fight between heavy aoe dmg and single target) will do.

I personally prefer lightning for the more complicated rotation and the ability to continue dps'ing while moving. You said it doesn't have mobility but with proper timing of instant abilities (up to 4 of them) you can use force speed to re-position and never stop attacking on most fights. Also any fight with a burn phase IE TFB Kephess Lightning will win hands down for burst dps. (Pre Affliction -> Polarity Shift -> Adrenal/Relic ->Crushing Darkness hit right at drop -> TB->I Recklessness -> Crit FL -> Crit Shock -> Crit CL -> TB)

Anywho its personal preference but I would love to see some parses from your hyrbid. The last one that claimed to beat my dps was having someone outside of his group armor debuff the target dummy to raise his dmg. (figured it out when my internal dmg was higher but his kinetic was higher.) Not saying I do more than your guy I just like to keep up to date on the potential of the class in the hands of competent people.
<Fate of the Unwanted>
Tücker the Lightning Sorceror

DarkhorseForLife
11.29.2012 , 04:51 PM | #42
No clue what you guys are talking about, I just hit flame burst over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
Moxboss - Founder of <Memories of Xendor> on Prophecy of the Five
Moxboss, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Donalj
11.29.2012 , 05:04 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhorseForLife View Post
No clue what you guys are talking about, I just hit flame burst over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
Oh i used to think you were pretty cool
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

DarkhorseForLife
11.29.2012 , 06:11 PM | #44
Oh i used to think you were pretty cool
Don't worry I have 8 50s that are geared Am I cool again?
Moxboss - Founder of <Memories of Xendor> on Prophecy of the Five
Moxboss, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Donalj
12.04.2012 , 05:13 PM | #45
Soooo just did this on 8 man nightmare... It's a joke compared what 16 man once was. No enrage, only 1 double destruction each phase. Only difference between HM and NiM was the exploding mob which isn't even a problem!

On another topic, 16 man after nerf. What are differences?
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Grimsblood
12.05.2012 , 02:01 PM | #46
Soooo just did this on 8 man nightmare... It's a joke compared what 16 man once was. No enrage, only 1 double destruction each phase. Only difference between HM and NiM was the exploding mob which isn't even a problem!

On another topic, 16 man after nerf. What are differences?
Only one. When you push into the last 5% of the health pools there used to be an enrage....now there is not.