Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Patch 1.6 livestream Q&A notes & transcript

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch 1.6 livestream Q&A notes & transcript

Skyrison's Avatar


Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 04:02 PM | #11
Jeff was VERY clear in those questions. That's what I love to see! Good job dulfy and good job Mr. Hickman. You answered good questions!

I liked the stuff that is coming and the cool "new gameplay and new ways to play" on Makeb and the little revamp they are going to do on the horizontal progression stuff.

It seems they are headed in the right direction
Legacy of the Eternal

Elear's Avatar


Elear
11.29.2012 , 04:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KPureblade View Post
Doubt it. I bet Makeb is a bit farther out.
"pretty darn soon" does not seem like early january or late march (since according to this february/march wil be Ilum). And there is not 'leftover' content other than Makeb, Ilum, and Cathar(and CC race is not something deserving it's own patch). They could drop 1.6 live next week(with current amount of feedback there is little reason for it to stay on PTS) and deploy Makeb in same or following week.
Unless they don't want to release anything below 6week schedule, and we will have to wait until january(9 weeks they talked about) for new wz and space missions.

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
11.29.2012 , 04:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
14. CE vendor, dead. We can now stop talking about it right? (Yeah right).
To be fair, how many of the CE players... still play? There numbers were limited right from the start due to limited supplies, they do had dropoffs. Eventually that makes it less interesting for a company to keep developing stuff for them.

They can make it more meaningful by making the CE vendor a DDE vendor, as that pool can keep on growing. However, previous rewards for DDE players even suggested as being the same as CE never really picked up well either. Of the few CE players out there, there tends to be a high level of entitlement believing they ought to be treated as better customers because they paid more, without taking into account the extra physical products obtained.

So well yeh, if I were BioWare I'd simply pass on that too. Expand the CE vendor bit by bit by adding a few items with expansions, but nothing more really. I wouldn't be expecting any more than that if I were you either.
Member of <Helix>

Skyrison's Avatar


Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 04:07 PM | #14
Makeb will probably be the year anniversary of the game. I LOVE that Jeff HIckman said there are different ways to play and progress on Makeb.

This is what BioWare needs. A guy like this that gives straight answers. No bs
Legacy of the Eternal

Davenmor's Avatar


Davenmor
11.29.2012 , 04:07 PM | #15
Sorry but am i the only one who is worried about the last answer?

After two 9 week periods they will maintain a 6-8 week patchtime.... 6-8 weeks? i thought it was stated that they will have a 4-6 week cycle ... and now they add 2*9 + then an ongoing 8 week cycle?

Not very happy about that statement

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
11.29.2012 , 04:09 PM | #16
Great summary, Dulfy.

I also liked how they didn't shy away from telling us things were good ideas but not prioritized or in progress but many months away. Those are the kind of hard answers the community wants.

Any thoughts on the following
-What horizontal gear scaling means?
-What "best world building yet" for Ilum would indicate?
-Who will be invading Ilum?
-What kind of mini mechanics are meant for Makeb? Definitely doesn't sound like player games
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
11.29.2012 , 04:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Davenmor View Post
Sorry but am i the only one who is worried about the last answer?

After two 9 week periods they will maintain a 6-8 week patchtime.... 6-8 weeks? i thought it was stated that they will have a 4-6 week cycle ... and now they ad 2*9 + then 8 an ongoing week cycle?

Not very happy about that statement
They stated that they'd aim at 6 weeks, with a lot of maybe's, but's etc involved.

And from what I read here, they mention one 9 week period, over the christmas holidays. Not sure about you, but plenty of people are off then. Count the weeks around christmas and new years out, you remain with 7 weeks. That's not a lot of variance fromt he 6 week aim.
Member of <Helix>

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
11.29.2012 , 04:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Any thoughts on the following
-What horizontal gear scaling means?
In essence, it's this:

Tier 1:
Endurance +10
Strength + 10

Tier 2 (non-horizontal):
Endurance +25
Strength +25

Tier 2 (horizontal):
Endurance +12
Strength +12



Simply put, minimal steps up, so players can be a few tiers in gear behind and not be useless in raiding. This makes it so that they don't first have to go through EV and KP but can directly jump into EC or TFB HM atm with just a few flashpoint pieces and blues.

For PvP this doesn't quite work as well yet though, so I bet they're primarily there going to focus the redesign.
Member of <Helix>

Sweetiepies's Avatar


Sweetiepies
11.29.2012 , 04:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
To be fair, how many of the CE players... still play? There numbers were limited right from the start due to limited supplies, they do had dropoffs. Eventually that makes it less interesting for a company to keep developing stuff for them.

They can make it more meaningful by making the CE vendor a DDE vendor, as that pool can keep on growing. However, previous rewards for DDE players even suggested as being the same as CE never really picked up well either. Of the few CE players out there, there tends to be a high level of entitlement believing they ought to be treated as better customers because they paid more, without taking into account the extra physical products obtained.

So well yeh, if I were BioWare I'd simply pass on that too. Expand the CE vendor bit by bit by adding a few items with expansions, but nothing more really. I wouldn't be expecting any more than that if I were you either.
I was mostly poking a tad of fun at the "CE should mean we get all things free foreverALLOFIT" crowd.

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
11.29.2012 , 04:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
To be fair, how many of the CE players... still play?
CE players, let's count !

ONE !