Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror from Beyond is not Star Wars

CrusherKing
11.29.2012 , 07:38 AM | #41
I want to invade corruscant as an imperial flashpoint and invade dromund kass as an republic. That would be nice
Power and Chaos will give you victory

ChicagoBearsFan
11.29.2012 , 08:02 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
the majority of the problem most people above me have is the preconceived idea that the star wars universe is all sith vs jedi. when someone adds a additional faction or menace that threatens both such people just are unable to comprehend there are more powerful races or factions in that universe. by adding such content it will make the game more fleshed out and involved.

running around and just killing the other faction is the expectation of 12 year olds in mmos. those of us that have a more sophisticated taste want more than that type of a pvp pve game mechanic which the op and some of the above desire. besides how many different ways can you kill a sith or a jedi? it wont take much content to find out that is sure.
Seriously? And I bet your poop doesn't stink either. The OP posted a valid opinion and you just automatically assume they are a 12 year old and have less "sophisticated" tastes simply because your OPINION is not the same? I think we can all see who is less sophisticated.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

ChicagoBearsFan
11.29.2012 , 08:07 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
I would love to see a boss encounter similar to that of Kaon Under Siege turret boss.

Basic idea would be the same (no turrets), mechanics following:

1. You are defending a hill top, or a camp of republic/imperial fighters.

2. Location is under attack by random npcs, from huge waves of weak enemies to strong ones.

3. NPCs waves would be random, so you wouldn't know what comes next.

4. Instead of players sitting on turrets, you'd defend npcs sitting on those, for an example.

5. Attacks could come from any direction, sometimes from two directions at once (still random).

Idea behind this is to request team to play together with high sense of awarness and to add surprise to the encounter. The fight could be extremely easy or really hard (RNG), but rarely the same. This would make it something to look forward to. Be the waves of enemies spices with minibosses, walkers or sith, tanks or aircarriers.

As far as operations currently go, nothing has beat the moment when I entered Firebrand and Stormcaller the first time. Tanks coming in rumbling. Shooting rockets and trees falling. My sensation was "oh my god, what is going to happen". Well, rest is mechanics but the intro was awesome.

Yours, Rus/Mra
This is one of the better ideas that I have seen posted. I like it and would love to see it happen! Please repost in the section for new ideas and suggestions.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

JediMasterSarynn
11.29.2012 , 03:12 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
I'm tired of the way operations are going. I want imperial vs republic pve operations. This crap where imperials and republic are theoretically putting the war on hold to fight these common enemies is getting tiresome. I want to be able to raid the other factions fleet, or board an other faction cruiser and destroy it from the inside out. Battling force using rakata, hutts, and other alien races is fun but there is a war going on and since i hit level 50 i don't feel the least bit involved in it
Hot damn this is a serious QFT.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel