Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

DroidDreamer
11.29.2012 , 11:00 AM | #21
No. Huttball is perfect as it is. And it's the main reason I play this game. We need more Huttball maps, not less.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

slowantics
11.29.2012 , 11:19 AM | #22
ive had a hutball match where it turned into a death match. ofc after io scored a minute in the ball got bugged and didnt show up in the middle. so for 13min it was a classic death match and it was fun. people using the obstacles to get the edge
Signature: Coming Soon

zorroazul
11.29.2012 , 11:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch.

The map with it's traps are perfect for this and it better falls in line with what Hutts would actually enjoy watching, not to mention the fact that Jedi and Sith wouldn't likely be into playing sports anyway lol.
You actually made quite a good point here, indeed. In fact, many times the Hutt says at the beginning of the match: "Shut up! I'm here for the blood" So this totally confirms turning the Pit into a deathmatch satisfies the Hutts lust for blood...and the inner desire of many pvp players!

Solarenergy
11.29.2012 , 11:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I love Hutt Ball as a sniper for this. Even undergeared.
I was one of those gunslingers, lol. We stayed in our side of the map the entire time, on the defense. We ended up winning 3-0. The sentinels on our team scored, and we did the defending. If only every game was like that, people defending, people setting up passes, people scoring, just like a well-organized soccer team. If only it wasn't a mindless and dumb cc and kill fest 90% of the time, then I'd have no reason to hate it at all and would actually find it to be the most enjoyable warzone to play, since most of my characters are designed very well for its roles (assassin, gunslinger, sorcerer).

SgtBranham
11.29.2012 , 01:07 PM | #25
I love huttball the way it is. That being said, I would love to see more traps in warzones. Fire, acid, big swinging axes from teh ceiling. maybe even an indian jones style boulder that rolls though the middle of everything that would require you to get out of the way. These just add alot of fun to warzones.

I was thinking of maybe an area similiar to huttball (i.e. multiple levels) where each team has 3 pedestals and you score points by keeping people on your opponents pedestals. The trick is that you cannot easily get from one pedestal to another moving side to side (meaning you cant just run back and forth, you would have to go back to a mid point to try to get back to where you would be good). Oh yeah, and some activation pads with cooldowns to activate certain traps (maybe some air vents, additional fire, stun traps, etc). You could even make these effect only the opposing team as long as they had like a 1 or 2 min cooldown. Something like this would benefit form all classes being in their group. Mercenaries large AOE knockback would help defend, pulls and pushes to control people, Snipers would have good control of access points, Stealthers great at taking/defending nodes. Since their are six nodes total, forces will be spread out more defending/attacking/bluffing. Just something i think would be fun.

Diplomaticus
11.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #26
Huttball is great as it is. I wouldn't mind a pure deathmatch map, and it could even be another hutt themed arena, but not this one.

UGLYMRJ
11.29.2012 , 01:54 PM | #27
Most people love Huttball... but a similar map with traps, why not?

If you're talking about replacing Huttball... horrible idea.

If we're talking about options... great idea.

Solarenergy
11.29.2012 , 02:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Diplomaticus View Post
Huttball is great as it is. I wouldn't mind a pure deathmatch map, and it could even be another hutt themed arena, but not this one.
Exactly. Wouldn't mind an entirely new warzone that was a pure deathmatch, it could even involve the Hutts, such as a spectacle for them to watch in a big arena (think gladiator-style, ancient Rome) wouldn't be called Huttball since there would be no ball. But keep the current Huttball warzone itself an actual ball game, like its name implies. It's already bad enough that most players treat that warzone as if it had no objectives other than killing everything in sight and being completely oblivious to player roles and strategy, as a ball game requires.

Belpheghor
11.29.2012 , 02:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
Exactly. Wouldn't mind an entirely new warzone that was a pure deathmatch, it could even involve the Hutts, such as a spectacle for them to watch in a big arena (think gladiator-style, ancient Rome) wouldn't be called Huttball since there would be no ball. But keep the current Huttball warzone itself an actual ball game, like its name implies. It's already bad enough that most players treat that warzone as if it had no objectives other than killing everything in sight and being completely oblivious to player roles and strategy, as a ball game requires.
Well the obvious problem as I see it with Huttball is over half the players already treat it as a deathmatch anyway, so in large part pugs are a nightmare to play Huttball in, it requires coordination of your team mates, more so than the other WZs by far.

Even the players that love Huttball have to concede that point. And you won't change the player base, most pugs will treat it as a deathmatch, that's just a fact, so my point was why not just make it into a deathmatch since it would tie into the SW lore better anyway.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

DrewFromPhilly
11.29.2012 , 02:45 PM | #30
With the ridiculous way kills are awarded on the scoreboard in this game I hope they never, ever implement a mode where that's the deciding factor between victory and defeat. I mean really, SNEEZE in the general direction of the enemy team and you're awarded with 37 kills at least.