Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate and YOU

enoax
11.26.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1
EDIT:
Please note the assumption i made in this OP are wrong. Please see page 3 of identicle sorc thread. The different proc relics use different crit stats to determine a crit. In summary:

Internal=tech
Kinetic=tech
Elemental=force
Energy=force

Oringal post:
Noticed last night my pathetic crit rate for this proc relic. Looked into it a bit and I feel Sages/Sorcs are getting screwed with the crit mechanic on these relics. I believe the underlying reason is we are really a melee class (have a saber and free melee attack) yet our melee crit rate isn't affected by willpower. It looks to me as these proc relics use range/melee crit rates

Using dummy and Dread guard relic of dark radiance

Slinger with internal proc relic (DG)
-> his ranged crit rate is 41% (tech is 40%). Relic critted 43%.
http://www.torparse.com/a/57367

Sage with internal proc relic (DG)
->melee crit rate 21.28% (force crit rate 37%). Relic critted 15%
http://www.torparse.com/a/57392

I can find sentinel parses from our guild using the campaign version (burning force) which crit for >40%.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/8#d=0,b=1

You could speculate that my low crit rate on my sage is just RNG. But from last night's run i was 19.5% relic crit rate with 3 hours of log data.
http://www.torparse.com/a/56888
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...erview#d=0,b=1

Looks like sages (and i'm assuming Sorc's) get screwed. Willpower doesn't affect our melee crit rate so it's always goign to be lower than other classes. This is broken and needs fixed
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

NoFishing
11.26.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
Wow, that is a pretty striking difference. Worthy of an in-game bug report IMO.

LoL-K-Noob
11.27.2012 , 12:07 AM | #3
This is bull!

Ycoga
11.27.2012 , 08:10 AM | #4
The sage link above lists a crit of 41%... and mentions corrosive injection.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

enoax
11.27.2012 , 09:48 PM | #5
I made a similar post in the sorc forums (generally better mechanics discussion there). See it for more details.

Summary: my sin also has ~20% crit rate with the relic. I also tried the kinetic version with him with similar results.

Maybe a tech crit rate mechanic rather than a melee crit rate mechanic as I originally proposed.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

SirPhoenixKnight
11.27.2012 , 10:06 PM | #6
@ycoga that is over all crit % the corrosive injection is the relic dmg it is 14% crit and only did 20k dmg over 8 minutes and 20 seconds to be honest the proc relic is **** then if that is what it is like for a sage might as well have a WH power relic instead....most players run what on avg about 700 power for a bh geared toon so you are adding 113 more to that which is a 8% power increase...
The SPK Legacy begins

DarkDisturbed
11.28.2012 , 09:57 AM | #7
It seems internal is using the tech crit rate and elemental is using the force crit rate (From other posts on the forums, commandos are running into the same issue with the elemental). Perhaps if you had daily comms or in game time to swap the internal relic for a refund you could test this?

LoL-K-Noob
11.28.2012 , 12:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
It seems internal is using the tech crit rate and elemental is using the force crit rate (From other posts on the forums, commandos are running into the same issue with the elemental). Perhaps if you had daily comms or in game time to swap the internal relic for a refund you could test this?
Is this confirmed or just speculation? If this is true this is BS. I have 0 daily comms and stupid to get another relic thats 300 daily comms.....

enoax
11.28.2012 , 03:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Will try to confirm shortly, though it will be using my sin since he has the coms to play around with. My sages were spent long ago and i can't refund em
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

OlosBC
11.29.2012 , 12:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SirPhoenixKnight View Post
@ycoga that is over all crit % the corrosive injection is the relic dmg it is 14% crit and only did 20k dmg over 8 minutes and 20 seconds to be honest the proc relic is **** then if that is what it is like for a sage might as well have a WH power relic instead....most players run what on avg about 700 power for a bh geared toon so you are adding 113 more to that which is a 8% power increase...
2 things you're missing: compare the difference between wh 113 power and the 47 static on the new DG relic.

Then take that and convert it to bonus damage and compare that against total bonus damage.

Wh relic is NOT an 8% increase in bonus damage.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.