Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:32 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Given the right circumstances, a stalemate is possible. But it also gives Traya time to make plans. Remember: Apathy is death! Traya would see Revan's plan as a weak one and exploit it. While the blockade makes leaving nearly impossible, a stalemate is difficult to maintain. Revan has to keep a fleet at Malachor in order to keep a stalemate. This comes down to Traya finding a way to exploit Revan's strategy. I can't think of way, but I'm sure the Force would show her what to do.
But (as Beni said) she has zero ships. Unless Revan attacks Malachor, then nothing happens.

Rayla_Felana
11.29.2012 , 12:32 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
K well that doesn't seem fair. That pretty much forces Revan into a very undesirable situation.

I just don't think it's fair that Revan can blockade the entire planet, outnumber Traya, and still lose. Malachor V has become a superweapon.
By that logic, the Repbulic fleet has become a superweapon as it is suicide to fight it openly.

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:32 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Hmm... interesting.

I'd still have to give it to Traya. Dark Side Revan wouldn't be able to draw upon the full power of Malachor as Traya would. Not only that, but she still has those epic abilities on her side while Revan doesn't.
Meetra beat Traya at Malachor, just sayin...

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 12:33 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
A master of the Light Side with a natural immunity to Traya's big hitters.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:34 PM | #255
K well that doesn't seem fair. That pretty much forces Revan into a very undesirable situation.

I just don't think it's fair that Revan can blockade the entire planet, outnumber Traya, and still lose. Malachor V has become a superweapon.
The key word here being 'become' - not my fault Traya is so clever she can turn a planet into a super-weapon, she's just a genius *shrugs*

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:34 PM | #256
She's a wound in the force. She's an exception to the rule in SO many ways.

Rayla_Felana
11.29.2012 , 12:34 PM | #257
Meetra was a fully trained Master Jedi who had harnessed the Light Side completely, yet she still felt sick in it's presence.

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:38 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
By that logic, the Repbulic fleet has become a superweapon as it is suicide to fight it openly.
Not exactly. It was the Republic fleet along with Revan's ability to lead them that made them dominant.

I'm being very serious to say that ALL that Traya has to do is sit on Malachor and she wins. Revan can't bombard her forces, he can't starve her forces, he can't fight his forces ('cause his own will go insane), and he can't beat Traya herself because she's in a nexus of the dark side.

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 12:40 PM | #259
Not exactly. It was the Republic fleet along with Revan's ability to lead them that made them dominant.

I'm being very serious to say that ALL that Traya has to do is sit on Malachor and she wins. Revan can't bombard her forces, he can't starve her forces, he can't fight his forces ('cause his own will go insane), and he can't beat Traya herself because she's in a nexus of the dark side.
Which means Traya wins. It was inevitable. Per Kaggath rules, Revan must engage her. And if he does he will die. Or Traya makes him her apprentice. Which still means she wins as she has taken from his power base.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:42 PM | #260
OK, I think this debate has explored every possible variable. And I've made a decision (as impossible as that was)...... which will be revealed in the next thread!

Seriously though, great debate. I'm pleased to say that this has been by most popular thread ever, and despite being about Revan did not erupt into a flame war. It probably holds the record for the most give up-come back moments as well. (Yes, your all guilty) I hope you continue to be as comprehensive and articulated as you have been here. You may be pleased to know the next debate will be less... fiery.

and on that note, Lord Kaan vs?