Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:17 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
There's one fatal flaw in this. You are under the impression that Traya is the only one who can sustain herself with the Dark Side. That's wrong. Pretty much all Sith and Jedi can enter a trance that can sustain themselves against hunger and dehydration. Starving doesn't work. Which means your little plan here falls apart.

Not only that, but the electrical storms make operating machinery difficult. Uneven terrain makes artillery even more ineffective. Not only that, but the electrical storms and intense gravity make landing incredibly difficult and would destroy most ships.

Revan does not win.
OK so they can go into a trance? Well if they do this, then during their trance, (oh by the way all of her regular soldiers WOULD die by starvation) they won't be able to effeciently mobilze for a ambush when Revan arrives. So they'll be totally unprepared when the battle comes.

So the best thing that can happen for Traya is this: stalemate. Either that, or Revan charges in with his men and slaughters the upprepared Sith. You can't be in a trance and defend yourself at the same time.

The thing is, Revan is gonna have all the time in the world, while Traya and her Sith are busy being in a trance. This gives Revan a abundance of time to plot. He wins.

This isn't gonna be some D-Day battle. It's not gonna be like storming Normandy. Revan is gonna land, have all the time in the world to plan, and either chip away Traya's forces, or just slaughter them.

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:20 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
K-Canon? Interesting.

OK just to be clear;
At this point Revan has about 40% of his original forces?
Traya has about 40% of hers and they're all on Malachor?

If this is so, then the scenario I just posted still applies and (imo) Revan wins.
Fleet wise: Traya 0% Revan 20%

Ground forces wise: Traya 40% Revan 70%

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 12:21 PM | #243
OK so they can go into a trance? Well if they do this, then during their trance, (oh by the way all of her regular soldiers WOULD die by starvation) they won't be able to effeciently mobilze for a ambush when Revan arrives. So they'll be totally unprepared when the battle comes.

So the best thing that can happen for Traya is this: stalemate. Either that, or Revan charges in with his men and slaughters the upprepared Sith. You can't be in a trance and defend yourself at the same time.

The thing is, Revan is gonna have all the time in the world, while Traya and her Sith are busy being in a trance. This gives Revan a abundance of time to plot. He wins.

This isn't gonna be some D-Day battle. It's not gonna be like storming Normandy. Revan is gonna land, have all the time in the world to plan, and either chip away Traya's forces, or just slaughter them.
Again, you are under the impression that Revan's forces are capable of fighting the Dark Side itself. Traya and her Sith can sit in the Academy all they want while Revan "plans". He can't plan for the effects of the Dark Side. There's no magic solution to protect his fellows from Malachor itself.

Troops have nightmares and discharge a blaster bolt in their skull rather than see it continue. Jedi are corrupted to the Dark Side and consumed by bloodlust, attack their allies. Even Revan will be taken into the Darkness.

Every moment on Malachor will be a living nightmare for his men. Revan can't fight the Dark Side.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:25 PM | #244
Oh yes of course, sith soldiers wouldn't even be one Malachor in the first place.
But then again, Republic soldiers would not be either - they'd go mad and run around screaming and shooting - more of a hazard really.

And we cannot forget, Traya is a wise woman. The longer Revan takes with his attack, the more time Traya has to prepare/figure out a plan (shatterpoints - very good point)

We also can't forget that Malachor basically counts as a weapon. But it is a double-edge sword - the assassins/sith cannot leave the academy.

May I add that it is my personal opinion that at least Revan could make it to the academy alive, and probably carve his way to the Core. He also made it to the academy before, so I don't think Revan would succumb to the darkside, well he might succumb, but not go mad. The dark side energies of Malachor are not that powerful. Interesting thought, Revan would probably fall to the dark side on Malachor - is that an advantage or not?

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:25 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Again, you are under the impression that Revan's forces are capable of fighting the Dark Side itself. Traya and her Sith can sit in the Academy all they want while Revan "plans". He can't plan for the effects of the Dark Side. There's no magic solution to protect his fellows from Malachor itself.

Troops have nightmares and discharge a blaster bolt in their skull rather than see it continue. Jedi are corrupted to the Dark Side and consumed by bloodlust, attack their allies. Even Revan will be taken into the Darkness.

Every moment on Malachor will be a living nightmare for his men. Revan can't fight the Dark Side.
Alright. You make a good point. So Revan sends a few men to Malachor to find that they go insane. What does he do? He doesn't attack.

Stalemate. That's generous. If Malachor V is so impossible to infiltrate (which Revan will learn through observation and by sending a few men down) the Revan won't infiltrate it. He will sit there and grow a beard.

Stalemate.

Beniboybling
11.29.2012 , 12:28 PM | #246
Stalemate.
Don't mean to burst you bubble But according to the ground rules the Kaggath is a fight to the death, no surrender -no stalemate. Someone's gotta die.

A thought: Lets say Revan makes it to the Core, is overwhelmed by the dark side and embraces it.
Darkside Revan vs Traya & Malachor? (Basically they can both draw on the dark side energies of Malachor)

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 12:30 PM | #247
Alright. You make a good point. So Revan sends a few men to Malachor to find that the go insane. What does he do? He doesn't attack.

Stalemate. That's generous. If Malachor V is so impossible to infiltrate (which Revan will learn through observation and by sending a few men down) the Revan won't infiltrate it. He will sit there and grow a beard.

Stalemate.
Given the right circumstances, a stalemate is possible. But it also gives Traya time to make plans. Remember: Apathy is death! Traya would see Revan's plan as a weak one and exploit it. While the blockade makes leaving nearly impossible, a stalemate is difficult to maintain. Revan has to keep a fleet at Malachor in order to keep a stalemate. This comes down to Traya finding a way to exploit Revan's strategy. I can't think of way, but I'm sure the Force would show her what to do.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 12:30 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Don't mean to burst you bubble But according to the ground rules the Kaggath is a fight to the death, no surrender -no stalemate. Someone's gotta die.
K well that doesn't seem fair. That pretty much forces Revan into a very undesirable situation.

I just don't think it's fair that Revan can blockade the entire planet, outnumber Traya, and still lose. Malachor V has become a superweapon.

Rayla_Felana
11.29.2012 , 12:31 PM | #249
A thought: Lets say Revan makes it to the Core, is overwhelmed by the dark side and embraces it.
Darkside Revan vs Traya & Malachor?
Nah, Revan is no match against such a learned Dark Sider, he either becomes her apprentice or dies, simple.

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 12:32 PM | #250

Darkside Revan vs Traya & Malachor? (Basically they can both draw on the dark side energies of Malachor)
Hmm... interesting.

I'd still have to give it to Traya. Dark Side Revan wouldn't be able to draw upon the full power of Malachor as Traya would. Not only that, but she still has those epic abilities on her side while Revan doesn't.