Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow PvP Video

HyperThomas
11.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Commando needs a buff for sure. But on my BM Scoundrel I'm able to get 4-5K crits follow by 3-4k crits quite regularly while also being able to CC heavily and heal myself. I feel like they're in a comfortable spot.
Oh haha, I never played one, I just find them easy to 1vX as Infiltration so I thought there might be something wrong with the spec.
Chilastra - SWG
Master DaríNala
Ciraf - Justin Biebs

AMKSED
11.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HyperThomas View Post
Oh haha, I never played one, I just find them easy to 1vX as Infiltration so I thought there might be something wrong with the spec.
99% of the people that play this game are terrible.

And since Operative is one of the least played classes you most likely don't see a decent one.

Didy_Kush
11.28.2012 , 08:47 PM | #24
Very nice come to Dalborra and teach the shadows here how to play

Couver
11.29.2012 , 04:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FAFuse View Post
I'm just really surprised to see someone say I "just spam SS" when I actually use all my abilities when it's the right time.
4 times within the first 2 minutes of the video you used SS without a proc from Infiltration Tactics. That's a ton of wasted power.

cycao
11.29.2012 , 07:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HyperThomas View Post
Thankyou! I'll be sure to check out those videos.

The single saber appearance is a bug that occurs with the new Cartel Market Saber.
Also, on the topic currently in discussion in this thread... Shadow Tanks need to be nerfed, (take it from 2 shadows), along with a few other class/spec combinations that are a little on the powerful side.

IMO: Commando DPS needs some mobility buffs, Scrapper needs a slight damage buff to keep it at the level of Infiltration.
I agree after strictly only playing tank spec variations (only run it for rateds now) I have been running deception or madness for some time now and I can admit that the tank spec could use a nerf damage wise. I am just worried that in doing so assassin could be a spec not wanted for rateds. Maybe lower the damage to dark charge but give us some armor back or something.

HyperThomas
11.29.2012 , 10:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I agree after strictly only playing tank spec variations (only run it for rateds now) I have been running deception or madness for some time now and I can admit that the tank spec could use a nerf damage wise. I am just worried that in doing so assassin could be a spec not wanted for rateds. Maybe lower the damage to dark charge but give us some armor back or something.
True, it's not totally overpowered, rather balanced in the wrong way.
Just need a balance for the tank spec to be more tanky and less heavy hitting.
Chilastra - SWG
Master DaríNala
Ciraf - Justin Biebs

filipesantana
11.29.2012 , 10:55 AM | #28
is it jsut me or are you keyboard turning and backpadeling through the whole video?

CharterMonkKent
11.29.2012 , 11:33 AM | #29
Great vid. I'm lvling a Shadow atm. I enjoy playing the class. My big reason for playing is to see which is "better" (opinion here)... concealment or deception/infiltration.

As of right now on my oper I seem to have the edge on equaly geared deception/infiltration. He is only 1/2 geared WH w/no min/max. My full EWH deception guildie and I have some very fun fights. He takes off a piece of gear or two to lvl our stats Most of the time the duels are won/lost in three ways

1. When he chains crits on the 4k+ damage attacks it's hard for me to keep up if defensive cooldowns aren't going my way

2. Long fights that could go either way but someone has to win.

3. Easy win, if I time (and get lucky) on my CCs/Dots. I'm able to 8sec mezz and heal 1/2-3/4 of my health. Or have time to mezz, 1 heal, explosive probe, orbital strike then backstab to break mezz It's quite the burst

Have you run into any min/max opers? I've love to watch a vid of those fights.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

filipesantana
11.29.2012 , 12:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
is it jsut me or are you keyboard turning and backpadeling through the whole video?
ok im getting confused here..

Im not trying to be hater, and i do appreciate everyone that makes movies because in the end that's an awesome contribution for the community, but the author must be open to criticism also

I never played shadow/assa at 50 so i cnat say i know all the dos and donts.But i cant see all this "skill" people are referring too.

Again, i dotn ahve a good opinion about the majority of the swtor pvp comunity..lets say, they are the kind that shouts "SKILL OMG" at high crit movies...(i have seen it in Smash crit videos..)

But, apart form the constant backpadeling and what appears to be keyboard turning+some clicking( and lets say these allready take some points out of you)..What exactly "skilled" did he do"?like..did he performed any out of the ordinary skill moves...demonstrated good positioning..outplayed people? or did he just damaged(and given his gear..outdamage people)

again, not tryint to be a hater, obviously an above average player(there are pretty bad players out there)..im just trying to be a bit more critic because in the end you are helping the community and i just want it to be more..hmm..competitive(lets not have it like WOW where average players achieve godmode status due to fanboys and completely overrated movies, like swifty for example)