Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware hates PvP


Sztoid's Avatar


Sztoid
11.29.2012 , 03:58 AM | #1
Quote:
1.4.3 Patch Notes
10/30/2012
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
A potential method for Imperial players to reach Anchorhead on Tatooine has been corrected.
aka
Corrected an issue that allowed imperial players on PvP servers to implement their own PvP raids for fun due to lack of PvP content in SW:TOR.

IMO they should just take out the exhaustion zones leading to both spaceports on Tatooine and maybe even allow opposite fractions to travel to each others area on Corellia. With so many post about lack of PvP I feel this was a step in the wrong direction. Bad enough we can't fight in Voss-Ka any longer.
How hard would it be to implement getting commendations for player kills. Obviously you get nothing for killing grays and if you kill the same player within a certain amount of time. Easy temporary fix.

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 04:01 AM | #2
There have been several adjustments since launch to limit the already limited pvp potential of this game.

I'm waiting for the SW:TOR killer to be announced. This isn't going to hold my attention for any great length of time.

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
11.29.2012 , 08:19 AM | #3
Imps can't get to Anchorhead anymore? That sucks, one of my most memorable experiences as a new player was seeing a bunch of imperials in an Anchorhead cantina roleplaying, and then eventually breaking out in to a fight.

Why remove fun things?
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
11.29.2012 , 08:49 AM | #4
We have no one to blame but ourselves. BW didn't just wake up one day and say forget that people complained about it.

I remember a thread not to long ago started by someone (can't find it right now) who got killed in Anchorhead. They wanted it changed so Imps couldn't get there. There was a bunch of opinions going both ways but I guess more people said it was a game killer on the nerf side.

If you look around the General Discussion forum you will see a lot of posts that use the words "force me to PvP" quite a bit. They hated Section X because, surprise, everyone was there trying to get HK. They hated going into Outlaws Den for the parts. They get upset about the events because they have to PvP occasionally.

Let's not forget the most populated servers for this game are the PvE servers. If enough of those guys ask for something the devs will give it to them. Not to say there aren't good PvPers on those servers but I would guess the majority of the people there don't PvP at all.

TLR - This is a PvE game. "Exploits" like this will get eliminated to appease the PvE crowd.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
11.29.2012 , 10:23 AM | #5
right, because groups of 50s ganking lowbies on tatooine is PVP.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
11.29.2012 , 10:26 AM | #6
The two posters above said exactly what I was going to. Thanks for saving me time guys.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Hairyzac's Avatar


Hairyzac
11.29.2012 , 11:05 AM | #7
Can't they just keep it the way it is for PvP servers and still make these changes for the PvE servers? Problem solved right? Or am I being ignorant?

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
11.29.2012 , 11:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
Imps can't get to Anchorhead anymore? That sucks, one of my most memorable experiences as a new player was seeing a bunch of imperials in an Anchorhead cantina roleplaying, and then eventually breaking out in to a fight.

Why remove fun things?
Nothin' stoppin' you from doing it in Alderaan.

It just wasn't intended to occur in Anchorhead/Mos Ila, that's all.

Sztoid's Avatar


Sztoid
11.29.2012 , 02:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
Can't they just keep it the way it is for PvP servers and still make these changes for the PvE servers? Problem solved right? Or am I being ignorant?
Exactly what I was thinking but I'm assuming they have a master layout for the world maps and when they make a change to it, it effects all servers. If that is the case, they should have a PvP and PvE one. I understand people not wanting to be forced to PvP. Other than Outlaw's Den, a lot of the complaints were of other players exploiting the system with AoEs or healing NPCs.

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
11.29.2012 , 03:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
We have no one to blame but ourselves. BW didn't just wake up one day and say forget that people complained about it.

I remember a thread not to long ago started by someone (can't find it right now) who got killed in Anchorhead. They wanted it changed so Imps couldn't get there. There was a bunch of opinions going both ways but I guess more people said it was a game killer on the nerf side.

If you look around the General Discussion forum you will see a lot of posts that use the words "force me to PvP" quite a bit. They hated Section X because, surprise, everyone was there trying to get HK. They hated going into Outlaws Den for the parts. They get upset about the events because they have to PvP occasionally.

Let's not forget the most populated servers for this game are the PvE servers. If enough of those guys ask for something the devs will give it to them. Not to say there aren't good PvPers on those servers but I would guess the majority of the people there don't PvP at all.

TLR - This is a PvE game. "Exploits" like this will get eliminated to appease the PvE crowd.
Lets also not forget at launch the most populated servers were PvP. They screwed over the PvP players and continue to do so.