Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.29.2012 , 07:47 AM | #11
Interesting if I did not know any better I would say half the games of huttball are TDM.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.29.2012 , 07:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Interesting if I did not know any better I would say half the games of huttball are TDM.
What they are really saying is; they want to win by playing it TDM.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.29.2012 , 08:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
What they are really saying is; they want to win by playing it TDM.
Noted.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
11.29.2012 , 08:17 AM | #14
"Turn" you say?

Anyway, flippancy aside, Huttball is not Team Death Match and I'd find it very dull if it were.

So that's a "no thanks".
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Belpheghor's Avatar


Belpheghor
11.29.2012 , 08:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I like this idea. I hate hutt ball. It's so freakin' boring and the matches are never competitive. Either 6-0 or 0-6, neither of which are any interest to me. It would make a PERFECT deathmatch arena. We NEED a deathmatch arena. No objectives, no goals, no ********, just a killboard and two spawn points. That'd make PvP a lot more fun.
The map just feels like it was and/or should be intended as a deathmatch arena imho.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

Glower's Avatar


Glower
11.29.2012 , 08:29 AM | #16
NO!

But I want another Huttball-type warzone.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.29.2012 , 08:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
NO!

But I want another Huttball-type warzone.
All this talk got me thinking the same thing. New warzones mean less chance I get Huttball. So now I want more Huttball style WZs!

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
11.29.2012 , 08:37 AM | #18
Commandos would finally go extinct in PvP if we had a pure deathmatch WZ.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Solarenergy's Avatar


Solarenergy
11.29.2012 , 10:44 AM | #19
Actually that's precisely the reason why Huttball is my least favorite warzone, because most people turn it into a deathmatch and just kill everything in sight. How many times have you seen it when there's a bunch of people chasing some poor guy who is no position to help his team while the ballcarrier just merrily walks across the goal line? It happens in almost every Huttball match I play, and that's the reason why I don't like it. It's rare to get one of those really good and fun Huttball matches where people aren't just killing each other and rofl pulling people into fire traps for no reason. Occasionally though you do see the good Huttball match. Case in point, the other day there were two gunslingers who were positioned up on the rafters creating such and impenetrable defense that the opposing team couldn't venture even once into their side of the map. Or that assassin who keeps running ahead and getting open for passes so he can sprint to the line and score. Players knowing their roles and playing them well. So yeah, it can be fun when people do it right, unfortunately, 90% of the time that is not the case. Point is, it's like an exciting soccer game when it's not a deathmatch, and it's an annoying pointless kill and cc fest when it is.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.29.2012 , 10:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
Actually that's precisely the reason why Huttball is my least favorite warzone, because most people turn it into a deathmatch and just kill everything in sight. How many times have you seen it when there's a bunch of people chasing some poor guy who is no position to help his team while the ballcarrier just merrily walks across the goal line? It happens in almost every Huttball match I play, and that's the reason why I don't like it. It's rare to get one of those really good and fun Huttball matches where people aren't just killing each other and rofl pulling people into fire traps for no reason. Occasionally though you do see the good Huttball match. Case in point, the other day there were two gunslingers who were positioned up on the rafters creating such and impenetrable defense that the opposing team couldn't venture even once into their side of the map. Or that assassin who keeps running ahead and getting open for passes so he can sprint to the line and score. Players knowing their roles and playing them well. So yeah, it can be fun when people do it right, unfortunately, 90% of the time that is not the case. Point is, it's like an exciting soccer game when it's not a deathmatch, and it's an annoying pointless kill and cc fest when it is.
I love Hutt Ball as a sniper for this. Even undergeared.