Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Death Battle 1: Darth Malgus vs Darth Baras

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Death Battle 1: Darth Malgus vs Darth Baras

Darkondo
11.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
Ok ive been looking at all the vs threads and ive decided to start my own Death battle series (inspiration goes to Kaggath Series) instead of analyzing power base vs power base this focuses on individual strength based on accomplishments (to prove your point) and overall power.

So who would win the In Your Face Radical Juggernaut Darth Malgus or the Fat Scheming Mastermind himself Darth Baras? (seriously i firmly believe "The Fatman" was named after Darth Baras)

epicfear
11.28.2012 , 07:17 PM | #2
Well, it all depends. They are focused differently... Baras is a schemer, Malgus is a face-puncher.

My vote is Malgus wins, though. He canonically takes all four of the classes from one side to take down. baras gets his rear handed to him by one.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 08:04 PM | #3
Correction: the Fatman server was named after a ship in the Deceived novel.

My vote goes for Darth Malgus. In the Deceived novel, that guy is just a beast. The best part is in the end. I won't give spoilers, but he basically walks through this guy's force lightning like it's nothing.

He's also a true Sith in my opinion. He is all about conflict, whereas other Sith wanted the Treaty of Coruscant. He really is a true Sith. He makes decisions based off of the Sith Code. Also I think Malgus acheives oneness with the Darkside at one point. That's how epic he is.

His fighting style is all about strength, so I imagine he uses the Djem So dueling style. Just throwing that out there...

I confess that I haven't played through the Sith Warrior story all the way - so I'm a little ill-informed when it comes to Darth Baras. I'm sure Baras would make it a close fight however. I've heard he can get EXTREMELY angry, and anger is power for a Sith.

Kilikaa
11.28.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
I hope they kill each other as I don't like either of them. My personal dislike for both aside, I would give this to Malgus unless baras had the time to conjure up a trap for Malgus. Heead to head Malgus has the advantage. If Baras has the time to come up with some kind of trap then he may win. I still say Malgus though.

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 08:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
I hope they kill each other as I don't like either of them. My personal dislike for both aside, I would give this to Malgus unless baras had the time to conjure up a trap for Malgus. Heead to head Malgus has the advantage. If Baras has the time to come up with some kind of trap then he may win. I still say Malgus though.
You make a good point.

lokdron
11.28.2012 , 10:26 PM | #6
Darth Malgus there is no debate to it.

The wrath beat baras by himself and it takes 4 of the empires champions to take down darth malgus.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 07:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post

The wrath beat baras by himself and it takes 4 of the empires champions to take down darth malgus.
That's a decent point, but I don't like these in-game comparisons. Let's looka t what you're saying:
It took 4 fully leveled players to beat Malgus, whereas it only to 1 to beat Baras

You logic would imply other things:
Say you're fighting Bengel Morr in the JK's storyline at lvl 10. You beat him. Right after that - you travel to Corellia and you take on a lvl 45 droid. That droid is gonna kick you butt! Does this mean that the droid is supposed to be more powerful canonically then Bengel Morr (who's a Jedi)? No. It's just how the leveling in the game works.

Girdeux
11.29.2012 , 07:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post

Well that makes no sense really....SO your telling me because it takes the JK,JC,Trooper,Smuggler to take out Malgus that....

Malgus > JK > Emperor? lol.

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 07:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Well that makes no sense really....SO your telling me because it takes the JK,JC,Trooper,Smuggler to take out Malgus that....

Malgus > JK > Emperor? lol.
I know right?

It's poor logic.

NummSaul
11.29.2012 , 07:40 AM | #10
Malgus will roflstomp Baras's complaining little kid attitude and white fat butt to oblivion... (no not the game )
Based on his accomplishments in battle through the years and as stated before he is just a beast.

However:
Spoiler

But this is my personal opinion.