Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aurora Canon 4man Requires at least 3 Humans?

PariahMessiah
11.20.2012 , 01:41 PM | #11
Really the whole idea of the mission is stupid. Unique and orginal, but stupid. If you look at general chat in Section X its mostly "Need Healer for 4 man!" because questing as a healer sucks (you kills things not heal them to death) and frankly having enough gear/understanding my class well enough to chew through the place like a fat kid through a box of twinkies only to be stopped at a gate and then have to bring in players that "Derp, I leap through the beam" is just rage inducing.

Wonkadude
11.20.2012 , 08:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Valeforth View Post
The OP was quite right in their usage of the companion system. Companions were actually put into the game to be able to fill the role for a missing group member in either a Flashpoint or group quest.
You really need to watch the developer dispatch (2011) concerning companions...... and listen to Bioware's take on the companion system. Your comment's are so misplaced just based off that alone.
Majority of those Dev's got fired or quit. Same applies with the "Makeb comming 2012" comment, people don't realise that those devs don't work here anymore and that F2P pushed everything back. BTW It's nice to have a heroic mission that actually need 4 people.

Langleyboy
11.20.2012 , 09:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PariahMessiah View Post
like a fat kid through a box of twinkies
I'm sorry, Twinkies are no longer being made. You need to find something else for your fat kid.

Sajitta
11.28.2012 , 10:01 PM | #14
Don't get me wrong - I'm not against them having 4mans that require 4 human players. It's just that I've done a ton of 4mans with only one friend and 2 companions so without any warning, this was a bummer. We did get past that one forcefield by being quick. Then we got to kill the boss at the end only to find out we were out of luck. Also - this instance happens to be required for the weekly. So unless I offer my healing services, I guess I am out the black hole commendations.

As to grouping. Honestly, we like the challenge of figuring out how to use all our abilities to handle the instance with just our companions. Also, when I have grouped with others to do flashpoints, I find that they always want to rush by and around. I like hanging with my hubby because he is cool with us killing all the mobs, all the bosses and actually listening to the story. Finishing, getting the loot and commendations is nice - but the story is too.

Anyway - it is what it is. At least now I know ...

Anysao
11.29.2012 , 07:11 AM | #15
There is a warning (atleast on the republic one) where when you pick up the mission, it says on it a warning that "this will require a full group" I assume that's a heads up for the door opening and stuff, but that could just be on all heroics and I'm mistaken.
Ooh! In Guild wars, I get awesome PvP, get to slay dragons, and cast spells! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Hovergame
01.21.2013 , 07:17 PM | #16
Sorry to be a gravedigger
By the way, this mission can be done with "only" 3 humans

JohraTon
01.21.2013 , 07:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
You only need three to get through this wall - two open the door, one runs through. One of the door openers disengages and the person that ran through activates that side of the door from their side of the wall. Then the disengaged player runs through, and finally the two players on the far side of the wall open it for the remaining player.

Which is completely academic, since you do need four real people for the final element of the heroic. One to throw the switch that lowers the forcefields. Two (one on each side) to use their Ghostbuster beams on the cores, and one to throw the grenade that destroys the cannon.
You can do it with 2. Stand next to the force field, both fire, then strafe through. There's a delay between the shoot action stopping and the field coming up. You then just fire from the opposite side while the 2nd person repeats the above.

But yea its pointless. My bro and I 2 manned this on release day only to find the final section needs 4. We just called for 2 more guys to come fire at the generators on the sides. Even if they don't kill the boss they still get credit for the quest after the grenade is thrown.

So yea, have fun running it 2 man, I ran 2 under geared alts through from my guild earlier and we were talking about it being a bit more fun with less players. A little extra thought and strategy required but its easy done.

1 thing we did find, the guy we called in to come help at the end couldn't throw the grenade as his quest log didn't have the dread commander dead, but when he hit the generators and my GM through the grenade it marked the quest ask complete for him.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

CJAShadow
01.21.2013 , 07:47 PM | #18
You can 2 man everything EXCEPT the last part, which requires 4 people.

People are talking about a giant force field which you need 3-4 to get through, you don't technically.

The very last part after you beat the boss (You must interrupt force siphon when 2 manning, there is no question on this), needs 4 human characters to click 4 things at once.

All you do is stand right next to the field, open it, then quickly move to the other side as its open. Then the other person has to do it.

Just go through the entire mission with 2 people and when you get to the end ask in general chat if anyone wants to just do the last part. Get 2 people in party, do the simple puzzles again and done.

I actually enjoy this Heroic cause it takes thinking and coordination. I rarely pug it.

*WARNING* the Heroic fights though are a bit difficult to 2 man, especially if you are not using ranged/healing companions and dont have at least 2 CCs. If you trigger a alarm beam or whatever they are then the fights can get out of hand with only 2 people. It will take proper planning and coordination, but that would be part of the fun!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin- 50 Sawbones/Scrapper (scoundrel dps ftw)
Cyann- Harbinger- 50 Defense/Hybrid (pvp)
Please, people run OUT of Red Circles of Death on the ground.

Hovergame
01.21.2013 , 08:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post
You can 2 man everything EXCEPT the last part, which requires 4 people.
The last part can be done with 3 humans. Just a hint : how do you pass the 2nd forcefield with only 2 humans ? When you know the answer, you can figure how to throw the bomb with only 3 humans

Beslley
01.22.2013 , 02:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Stevenkedneydhsn View Post
It clearly says it is a heroic 4 quest, it's expected that users be able to understand that it means it was suited for 4 players to complete. It's not the developers job to put a warning on everything because you were too impatient to fill up the other slots with players.
Here is my issue with the quest: literally no other quest in the game requires you to have that many people.
When leveling, it is totally possible to solo heroic 2 quests, and I'm sure many people 2/3manned the heroic 4 quests (I know I did, when I did them at all). People routinely 2/3man the BH heroic, and some classes can even solo it.

Literally EVERY HEROIC QUEST IN THE GAME up to the point you hit Aurora Cannon can be undermanned. The precedent is set already. That you act uppity about it and say "well of course you need 4 people, it says heroic 4!" is ridiculous when compared to the examples above.

IMHO, they should have said, clearly, that you NEED 4 people to do the quest. I know lots of people who went into Aurora Cannon day one with just 2 people and were surprised to find that you actually needed the recommended amount. That is a failure on Bioware's part, not the player's, because how else is a person supposed to react when LITERALLY EVERY OTHER HEROIC QUEST other than Aurora Cannon can be undermanned?

Stating "You will need a full party for this, full stop" would have been an easy way to avoid the confusion.

Just my two cents.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT