Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

Belpheghor
11.29.2012 , 12:52 AM | #1
It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch.

The map with it's traps are perfect for this and it better falls in line with what Hutts would actually enjoy watching, not to mention the fact that Jedi and Sith wouldn't likely be into playing sports anyway lol.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

KalBane
11.29.2012 , 01:07 AM | #2
I like it!

Helig
11.29.2012 , 01:11 AM | #3
No thanks. Huttball is my favourite Warzone as it is. Granted, the fact that more than a half of the players don't know how to play it can negatively affect your experience.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Vladnar
11.29.2012 , 01:15 AM | #4
Close but i think better would be...............

Move it down to first to 3 goals...........it needs to be shorter and therefore more urgent saving time too.

Run same map for another wz with it being a deathmatch where one death only and your'e a ghost, last man standing on either team wins, while a ghost you can wander around and still chat in /ops advising where players are or what they're doing..................to stop stealthers after a couple of mins you can't be able to stealth, perhaps this can be introduced by a mild gas being released into the arena causing a small amount of damage to everyone which means they unstealth yes?.....no decent Hutt wants to sit there all day while they prowl around missing each other completely.

ALL will focus their kills on the big hitters and with this kinda thing the weaker ones will be left to fight it out.

GREAT

CAN WE ALSO HAVE an Arathi Basin for a WZ, sorry to mention THAT game, but it really was awesome and would be awesome here too. OH FOR VARIETY PLEASE VARIETY and lots more of it........PLUS cross server WZ's.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

KiranK
11.29.2012 , 04:00 AM | #5
I like this idea. I hate hutt ball. It's so freakin' boring and the matches are never competitive. Either 6-0 or 0-6, neither of which are any interest to me. It would make a PERFECT deathmatch arena. We NEED a deathmatch arena. No objectives, no goals, no ********, just a killboard and two spawn points. That'd make PvP a lot more fun.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Technohic
11.29.2012 , 07:39 AM | #6
Guys. Listen up because I'm only going to say it once. They are not going to get rid of Hutt Ball. Too many people love it. Learn to deal.

AngusFTW
11.29.2012 , 07:42 AM | #7
Just queue with a shadow tank and/or guardian + a healer then you can run around killing stuff to your hearts content.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Boyana
11.29.2012 , 07:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Guys. Listen up because I'm only going to say it once..
I shall say this only ence! Ahahaha!

Joesixxpack
11.29.2012 , 07:45 AM | #9
Most of the HBs I join are TDMs.

Really though, like previous poster said it's a popular format as is. I'd like to see TDM and DM WZs added separately.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

BoDiE
11.29.2012 , 07:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch.

The map with it's traps are perfect for this and it better falls in line with what Hutts would actually enjoy watching, not to mention the fact that Jedi and Sith wouldn't likely be into playing sports anyway lol.
So only assassins and ops could play it? Don't get me wrong huttball makes me want to vomit blood but a dm arena? Bleh!
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.