Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
11.28.2012 , 09:47 PM | #2301
Do the Math: Relationships (in stats, two variables may have a relationship, but sometimes new circumstances change the correlation)

Weak Spot
bh - Skari and Crae (and crew)
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

Tatile - I'm worried about the next part of that conversation (oh those two have me worried in general, who am I kidding).
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

EverSteam
11.29.2012 , 12:18 AM | #2302
Prompt - Do the Math: Time.

Class and characters: Sith Warrior and Quinn.

Sexual references. Nothing grotesque.
No spoilers but references to the Quinn incident. From Quinn's perspective.

Words: 1500ish.

Title: 5 o'clock Shadow

Spoiler

I hope that wasn't too long and was alright.
This is my first time posting on this thread and not just reading (I love every ones pieces by the way ) so any feedback would be appreciated. I hope it adequately followed the prompt.

bright_ephemera
11.29.2012 , 05:16 AM | #2303
Welcome to the thread, Eversteam! I've been secretly hoping for some time that you would show up here. Because I'm creepy like that.

Prompt interpretations can be as strict or as loose as anyone likes...they're meant to start us writing, not tell us where to stop.

Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Spoiler

I neglected to read your story title first, and so I was taken completely off guard by this. Laughing out loud ensued.

Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Spoiler
I love this. Psychology at its best.

@iamthehoyden Very nice. Crae's reaction when Skari got hit...delicious. (Because apparently Crae's distress tastes good.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
11.29.2012 , 05:42 AM | #2304
Hoyden, it's curious to see Crae going from obsessive hunter to obsessive something else. I would definitely like to see Skari's reaction to that.

Everstream, if you're torturing Quinn, you'll fit right in

Also, Bright, Broan's referencing what was said during this conversation, specifically: "You're Sith: you have every right to me and to do what you want" - Sith have almost total dominion in the Empire; Moffs and Generals tend to stay pretty tight-lipped unless they're talking war strategies. You take that level of free action and put it into a sexual context and you get... yeah :/

Vesaniae
11.29.2012 , 08:19 AM | #2305
So, I was feeling silly this morning, and decided to whip together a tiny thing for Home Ec. This is an excerpt from A'tro's personal datapad, from the year 13 ATC. Contains no class story spoilers. Does contain cuteness. At least I thought it was cute.

...anyway, on to the story.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 02:00 PM | #2306
EverSteam! Welcome to the SFWC thread! Love the story! Course, anything where Quinn is uncomfortable is great, but this is especially good

Vesaniae - as a compulsive planner, I love that she not only has Plan A & B, but also C & D as well. Awesome
---------------

bright_ephemera
11.29.2012 , 07:11 PM | #2307
Ves, that was awesome.

=/= Means Not Equal, a rage piece that is, um, barely qualifying as fanfic. It involves one of my least favorite SWTOR typos/misunderstandings, and is told through Star Wars characters. That's like being relevant. Not equal to being relevant, but it's at least similar.

Spoilers for the first six-ish minutes of the original Star Wars, A New Hope.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Irrissa
11.29.2012 , 09:04 PM | #2308
A very short bit for Do the Math

Spoiler

Eversteam so glad you joined us here.

Forgive me for not individualizing my comments - very long week, but everything has been great. and helped me keep my sanity this last week. Thank you writers.

I wish my brain was working but I think Fino stole my thoughts. She did say I could have my BH ones back lol. I will have to get back to updating Cielle's story
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 09:31 PM | #2309
Bright - LMAO! That is all

Irrissa - Nice short one, but it says a lot, especially given the massive number of people..err trash mobs...you kill through the stories.
---------------

irishfino
11.29.2012 , 10:23 PM | #2310
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
@ Irishinfo, calculating is a work I would readily associate with Quinn, so your short was a perfect example.
Why thank you. Characterizing Quinn with his mannerisms gets a bit more fun as I keep writing about him. He would be good with numbers, but I'm terrible so... not many number dealings for him, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@Fino: Quinn. Calculations. Models. Bizarrely, this mindset is one of the times when I sympathize most with him. (Yes the math prompt was my idea.)
Oh, I know the math prompt was your idea you evil, evil creature. You got me to write about math. Is this revenge for the whole Quinn/Wyn thing? Because it was brilliant. <3

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@irishfino I like Ald's moods on a graph. Nobody wants sad Ald.
Sad Ald is a sad thing to behold. I foresee many sads when I get to writing about his childhood and apprenticeship with Inusitus.

Thanks everyone.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!