Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

Sappharan
11.28.2012 , 11:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.
I have never quit a single warzone, disconnects notwithstanding and I hate people who quit--but I think what you suggest might be a bit harsh. Some people do not intentionally quit. Perhaps a 20 minute debuff of all expertise on the player who willfully quit? This way people who disconnect will simply have to find something else to do for 20 minutes and people who intentionally quit CAN still re-queue, but will be at a sever disadvantage in pvp.

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 11:56 PM | #12
No. I don't want coddlers. I want soldiers.

SOLDIERS!

LilTsar
11.29.2012 , 12:03 AM | #13
no way am i ever gonna stick it out when im pulled into a loser with a bunch of hopeless idiots (unless its loooong gone i always give these matches a chance, but 50/50 i leave shortly). i also often leave a match before it starts when i see that there's no healers, which for uncoordinated pugs in anything but huttball isn't something i generally want to see. again, not always, but if theres nobody i recognize and no healers in alderaan im gone.

and sometimes i just ragequit, plain and simple. i stick it out in blowouts against the big name premades every day, that's what i get for solo queuing, and as long as im enjoying myself ill never leave, but sometimes i just get too exasperated.

dont want to see punishment for leaving, though a ban on groups larger than 2 in unranked and allowing ranked queuing for groups of four, at the very least, would be welcome, and i think would do more to reduce quitters in unranked than punishment.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 12:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar
dont want to see punishment for leaving, though a ban on groups larger than 2 in unranked and allowing ranked queuing for groups of four, at the very least, would be welcome, and i think would do more to reduce quitters in unranked than punishment.
Well here is the folly of that. You know how people complain about 8-man premades in normal warzones? Do you know how that is possible? Because 2 groups of 4 got put together into the same warzone. Some groups will even all quit until they get in together.

If you decide instead that normal warzones now only allow groups of 2, you will still have up to 8 players leaving every warzone that pops until they get in together. Your solution does NOTHING to alleviate the problem there, and goes so far as to make it harder for those friends who do want and like to play together.

See, the number you place on group size is entirely arbitrary. Which is probably why people want to eliminate premades altogether. Guess what? Even if you limit the group size to 1 (ONE!), you will STILL have people entering and leaving until they get in together.

This accomplishes nothing.

LeonHawkeye
11.29.2012 , 01:27 AM | #15
Well here is the folly of that. You know how people complain about 8-man premades in normal warzones? Do you know how that is possible? Because 2 groups of 4 got put together into the same warzone. Some groups will even all quit until they get in together.

If you decide instead that normal warzones now only allow groups of 2, you will still have up to 8 players leaving every warzone that pops until they get in together. Your solution does NOTHING to alleviate the problem there, and goes so far as to make it harder for those friends who do want and like to play together.

See, the number you place on group size is entirely arbitrary. Which is probably why people want to eliminate premades altogether. Guess what? Even if you limit the group size to 1 (ONE!), you will STILL have people entering and leaving until they get in together.

This accomplishes nothing.
Not quite. Although the solution offered is not exactly the best, I can see the reasoning behind it. The probability of matching two, 4 man Warzone groups together is fairly high and easy to accomplish, the lower the group number becomes, the lower the probability all the groups will land in the same Warzone on the same team, especially during high population times, and even less fruit full to repeatedly leave and attempt again. Not the best solution but at this point anything is better than nothing.

The plague known as Premades Vs Pugs undeniably needs to be abolished, it is an abomination of life that does not belong in any way shape or form but it needs to be done in a proper manner, through the following:

Cross Realm Function
Adequate Matchmaking
Split Queues

If not done properly it could either continue to be a problem, foster an abundant amount of loopholes as the current system does or increase queue times for Premades. I run both Premades and solo queue quite frequently, while I don't think Premades deserve an atrocious queue time I also don't believe they should be matched up against a Pug group. A timely solution is crucial or we will lose the vast majority of the player base, which happen to be casual PUGers.

TheGame
11.29.2012 , 01:40 AM | #16
Sometimes it works to your teams advantage in a WZ like Novare Coast when the morons rage quit u can get some decent people in there and turn the game around...but WZ's like civil war and voidstar if it gets too deep in the game a cuumback is less likely and it is annoying.

Sindorin
11.29.2012 , 01:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.
So it's demoralizing to lose to a well oiled and organized Imperial/Republic premade? how in the hell is that unfair> it's called, "get into a guild, and form your own premade". It's called: learn to play as a team and communicate. PUGs fail because they don't have any real means of coordinating, and don't know each other's playstyles. Premades are not ruining warzones, but rather PUGs are becoming obsolete and irrelevant.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 02:08 AM | #18
This is a multiplayer game. The amount of QQ on these forums over people PLAYING TOGETHER is staggering.

Derian
11.29.2012 , 02:13 AM | #19
Punish quitters.
Synion
Shards of Alderaan/Republic Justice

Jedi Sentinel-Watchman
Jedi Conqueror

LeonHawkeye
11.29.2012 , 02:20 AM | #20
This is a multiplayer game. The amount of QQ on these forums over people PLAYING TOGETHER is staggering.
That should be a clue as to what the vast majority of he players are. Look, I play Premades around 60% of the time but there are times when none of my friends and/or guildmates are available, due to running FPs, full groups or an abundance of other reasons. When those times come, I solo queue because I enjoy PvP, the sheer amount of frustration when a Pug meets a Premade is palpable. All it takes is 1-2 of these horribly one sided and unbearable games to repel players from PvP and/or the game, permanently. It simply should never happen, the fact that this is an MMO doesn't justify that, the game has to be attractive, engaging and most of all, fun for the vast majority of it's players, if it's not guess what, the players quit and the game dies.

Premades Vs Pugs effectively repels the vast majority of the player base (Casual Pugs) because for whatever reason, be it lack of time, experience, social skills, being new to the game and or level bracket, that player chooses to solo queue. It's called a solo queue for a reason, what we need is a better system for grouped players, there is no doubt about the dysfunctional state of our Ranked PvP system, it is nothing short of a failure and joke, which only contributes to the problem of mismatched opponents. The PvP community really needs to cease arguing within themselves and push for: Cross Realm Function, Adequate Matchmaking, and Split queues. It benefits all parties and makes for a solid, competitive, attractive, and most importantly of all, fair system.