Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Potential issue with tier-1 telekinetics talents (+100 force)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Potential issue with tier-1 telekinetics talents (+100 force)

freche's Avatar


freche
12.20.2011 , 03:50 AM | #11
The cost reduction is way more important for PvE then the extra force.
You will quickly save more then 100 force from cost reduction in a fight.

Anyway there are not enough interesting talents reachable in other trees for a 31 spec sage to divert from cookie cutter build (7 telek / 2(3) Balance).

derkokes's Avatar


derkokes
12.20.2011 , 06:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelyn View Post
I never had to use noble sacrifice as balance. I don't spam bubble, nor spam heals. I can throw a shield on tank or healer and toss 2-3 heals to help recover from spike dmg, but am not doing that as main job... so you misunderstood.
Am not using project on CD in my dps cycle. Nor am using force in balance for single target dps either. I consider both those abilities belong to burst phases and not sustained dps cycle for a balance sage. So yes, if we have to push a boss in next phase, I will burst, but won't try to sustain the burst cycle for whole duration of fight :>

I did Mandalorian Raiders and the lvl 28 one with missile silos (last boss you fight under missile who fire up randomly, and you need to keep moving). Only time where I ever had force problems was in lvl 16-18 doing athiss last boss, since no healer gets cleanse that early, and the dot does a lot of dmg, and you have to top off the one getting doted because they might get the dot next round as well.

Once again, am not 100% sold on 100 extra force as a balance sage. Not saying is not good, is one of the better talents of the 2 secondary trees, but I do not see it as game breaking at this point.
wow.. the dps you loose by not full cycling is depressing. your bility to sustain your force pool is a product of the fact you don't full cycle

Khadroth's Avatar


Khadroth
12.20.2011 , 08:06 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelyn View Post
I never had to use noble sacrifice as balance. I don't spam bubble, nor spam heals. I can throw a shield on tank or healer and toss 2-3 heals to help recover from spike dmg, but am not doing that as main job... so you misunderstood.
Am not using project on CD in my dps cycle. Nor am using force in balance for single target dps either. I consider both those abilities belong to burst phases and not sustained dps cycle for a balance sage. So yes, if we have to push a boss in next phase, I will burst, but won't try to sustain the burst cycle for whole duration of fight :>

I did Mandalorian Raiders and the lvl 28 one with missile silos (last boss you fight under missile who fire up randomly, and you need to keep moving). Only time where I ever had force problems was in lvl 16-18 doing athiss last boss, since no healer gets cleanse that early, and the dot does a lot of dmg, and you have to top off the one getting doted because they might get the dot next round as well.

Once again, am not 100% sold on 100 extra force as a balance sage. Not saying is not good, is one of the better talents of the 2 secondary trees, but I do not see it as game breaking at this point.
Perhaps I did misunderstand, but you made it pretty clear that you were claiming to both be "healing" and "offhealing" indicating that at some point you have healed in a stressful, prolonged situation where you would have to spam. You also go on to note in your response that you did in fact have issues even at a low level in Athiss, and guess what? It just gets harder trying to heal from there.

Ultimately you don't have to be sold on the talent for it still to be worth taking. With balance being geared towards PvP you can very easily find yourself running out of force after staying alive and in combat awhile. And there, a sub-optimal dmg rotation like you listed simply won't fly. Frankly, the fact that you even listed a sub-optimal rotation as an addendum to prove your own points instead has the reverse effect, when you don't care about pushing your character even close to it's potential limits then of course NO talent is required.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Anelyn's Avatar


Anelyn
12.20.2011 , 09:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by derkokes View Post
wow.. the dps you loose by not full cycling is depressing. your bility to sustain your force pool is a product of the fact you don't full cycle
Am sorry care to elaborate on this full dps cycle? Am really curious to see it ^_^ :-)

Khadroth's Avatar


Khadroth
12.20.2011 , 09:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelyn View Post
Am sorry care to elaborate on this full dps cycle? Am really curious to see it ^_^ :-)
He's talking about how you mentioned not using Project or FiB on cooldown in your rotation.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Anelyn's Avatar


Anelyn
12.20.2011 , 09:52 AM | #16
FiB yes, project no. Always start with it to get the CD going, and re-use it on CD. Exception when adds get CCed near nuke target and is impossible to move the target (ranged boss who won't move etc).