Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi
11.28.2012 , 07:03 PM | #1
Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

WHAT THE FORK?! Are you kidding me?!

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

BW needs to fix this crap.

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

Take care of both BW! Your current system is horse crap.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Asvarduil
11.28.2012 , 07:14 PM | #2
A deserter debuff at least sounds like a good idea. Also, leaving a game should have some kind of social impact, much like is done in League of Legends, a very popular PvP game.

If you're in a team with a leaver, something should let you know that [Player] recently left [x] games. At least then you know what to expect.

Another idea: if one person leaves a team, someone else on the other team is made invulnerable, immune, and heal-proof, but unable to deal any damage or have any of their abilities result in any effect. This neutralized player can no longer be targeted by either faction. Long story short: they are neutralized, so that the match remains fair and competitive.

On The Shadowlands, leavers haven't been a major problem that I've seen, but in the end leavers hurt us all and exacerbate an admittedly challenging PvP situation. My ideas are imperfect - even I can clearly see potential abuse of the neutralization system - but the current PvP model does not respond to the problem of leavers much, if at all.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

NoTomorrow
11.28.2012 , 07:23 PM | #3
Delicious republic tears
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Asvarduil
11.28.2012 , 07:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Delicious republic tears
I tend to say the opposite when some Juggernaut tries to solo someone - even me - and when they get me to 35% HP, I start spamming Emergency Medpack, while periodically hitting Vital Shot.

The ensuing ragequit is hilarious! But still, it's poor sportsmanship.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

DarthSabreth
11.28.2012 , 07:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 08:45 PM | #6
The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 09:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.
Word.

And great idea.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

randiesel
11.28.2012 , 09:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.
You make a lot of valid points...

The problems is that BW just flat out doesn't care, nor do they even know *** they're doing. Seriously, think about it. No class balance in how long? Rage smashers got BUFFED? What?

They flat out don't know what they're doing. No cross server queues, no paid xfers. They probably should just release a statement saying "hey, we just don't know how to even do that, lol".

The real problem is that these guys are getting paid real life money, not Monopoly money (I know, that baffles the hell out of me) to deliver a product AND service that is supposed to entertain, and it falls way short of that mark. And beyond making a salary for it, they STILL think that "BW knows best" and think they're delivering a quality product. Just look at the statements released from their staff: "our game is awesome and people want to play it."

I often wonder if they just show up to work and get high all day long, because they can't possibly be doing much of anything else. It takes a good 8 days to get a response to a ticket alone, regardless of the severity.

filipesantana
11.28.2012 , 09:43 PM | #9
so basically you dont want me to gorup up with people that i know that can play...take my chances with randoms when 90% of them are clueless..and NOT be able to leave"?right....i pay as much as you, my time is as valuable as yours..

Dacer
11.28.2012 , 10:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post

Actually As someone who Ques Solo 90% of the time when getting my weekly/daily done I was completely unaware that premade groups in Warzones were ruining pvp. I win ATLEAST every other match... and I get put up against and with premades just like everyone else.