Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

L-RANDLE
11.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Yes, because I'm the one healing up my team.
HAHAHA that's funny. Healers complaining about it for an indirect reason... Now, I have offically seen it all...

So are you a Sorc or an Op?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Easpeak
11.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #32
Most classes can do 5k with at least one ability - make it a bit more specific. I see sorcs with 6k heals often enough in WZs and smashers with 6.5k, also as of late i've seen assassins/shadows with 6-6.5k hits in WZs. As a PT I average with 4.7/4.8k as my biggest hit in pug WZs - think the highest I've had has been 5.5, I don't pay much attention to it.
Easpeax
Heff
Remnax
Hieronymous

Easpeak
11.28.2012 , 03:15 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
HAHAHA that's funny. Healers complaining about it for an indirect reason... Now, I have offically seen it all...

check his signature, buddy.
Easpeax
Heff
Remnax
Hieronymous

L-RANDLE
11.28.2012 , 03:16 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Easpeak View Post
check his signature, buddy.
It was a rhetoric question.

Altheran
11.28.2012 , 03:17 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
All of the abiliies shown above except for Death Field are Single-target though, so it's a poor comparison IMO.
I'll add that Death Field is subject to crit rolls, and even with Recklessness to be quite sure it crits, it can't catch up with Smash numbers. (As well as all others abilities can't match with Smash's numbers either)

Is there a difference for you to get hit by 3 smashes in succession versus 3 rails in succession?

That's why I laugh at the QQ about it...
Yes there is, because when someone is hitted by 3 smashes, there are chances that another guy in the area have been hitted by 2 of them, and/or that 1-2 more guys have been hitted once.

That's what we call compassion. Maybe for you that doesn't change anything because both are 3 times 5K+ hits, but for the team it's more than simply 3 times 5K+ hits.

JustinxDuff
11.28.2012 , 03:19 PM | #36
Annihilate for 5k? On a zero expertise target maybe.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Jenzali
11.28.2012 , 03:19 PM | #37

I'm not complaining about anything, I'm merely pointing out bad design. No AoE should not be so powerful as powerful as a top-tier single-target ability, let alone be the highest hitting attack in the whole game.

As my sig states, I'm a Merc healer. Smash Juggs or Sentinels are not very good at pressuring me one on one, but the fact that they are so common means that the total damage output to my team is simply overwhelming. And yes, total damage output does matter because triaging is infinitely more difficult when you have multiple teammates in execute range.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

L-RANDLE
11.28.2012 , 03:40 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I'll add that Death Field is subject to crit rolls, and even with Recklessness to be quite sure it crits, it can't catch up with Smash numbers. (As well as all others abilities can't match with Smash's numbers either)

Yes there is, because when someone is hitted by 3 smashes, there are chances that another guy in the area have been hitted by 2 of them, and/or that 1-2 more guys have been hitted once.
I'm not talking about other people...
You; and only You.
Player A: SMASH/SMASH/SMASH=dead
Player B: RAIL/RAIL/RAIL=dead

Maybe I will give the healers a pass, but most ACs got AoE heals so..... yeah don't feel sorry for them much either...

PloGreen
11.28.2012 , 03:45 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Easpeak View Post
Most classes can do 5k with at least one ability - make it a bit more specific. I see sorcs with 6k heals often enough in WZs and smashers with 6.5k, also as of late i've seen assassins/shadows with 6-6.5k hits in WZs. As a PT I average with 4.7/4.8k as my biggest hit in pug WZs - think the highest I've had has been 5.5, I don't pay much attention to it.
How many classes can do 5k instant hits that are aoe that can hit 5 people at once and autocrit? 5k is not even the most hit with it either.

They nerfed telewave proc because it was mowing down players and the numbers were nowhere near what smash is capable of.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 03:46 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Annihilate for 5k? On a zero expertise target maybe.
I hit it for 4K + on almost every crit and it crits often. Most are around 4500 but definitely on a squishy target or a low expertise target 5K crits are more than possible. And this thread is about 5K capable abilities.

Of course I'm near min/max right now, but I'd say I hit a 5K annihlate about 5-10% of the time.