Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Smash Showdown!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rage Smash Showdown!

PowerReaper
11.28.2012 , 02:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RaptorClown View Post
yea that guy has no clue. taking leap from melee classes is dooming them. zzz
Not that, a Jedi Knight not having one of its most noticeable abilities? to leap... lore much. (Our leap is our only gap closer).
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

L-RANDLE
11.28.2012 , 02:49 PM | #12
And how exactly is veng/Vig "unboring".

Last I knew the rotations where about the same...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Altheran
11.28.2012 , 02:52 PM | #13
I'll quote my thoughts about possible changes of the spec :
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Personally I'm fine with Sweep/Smash's auto crit.

The only thing that I think should be changed, it the Singularity/Shockwave effect increasing Sweep/Shock. I mean, a talent that changes an AoE into a skill that is freaking good although it would hit only one person ? Seriously... It's as if my Sniper would have his Fragmentation Grenade hitting as hard as Ambush, or if my Shadow would have Whirling Blow hitting as hard as Shadow Strike. When an AoE becomes one of the biggest single-hits, not only of the class/build but also of the entire game, it becomes incredibely retarded.

My idea would be that instead of increasing Sweep/Smash, it would increase Blade Storm/Force Scream. Obvioulsy the way it increases it would be changed, because it would be redundant with Combat/Carnage spec.
The way I imagine it, Singularity/Shockwave would grant chances to Blade Storm/Force Scream to hit twice. I'd add that if the second hit hits as hard as the first (unlike the second rock of Consular's Upheaval), in no way the change would be a nerf to the spec (at least, single-targetting wise). It wouldn't be a nerf because Blade Storm/Force Scream, is already a skill with better base damage than Sweep/Smash, and so a double hit is as good as doubling the raw power, meaning that the target will suffer as good damage as if it was old Sweep/Smash if not better. But the AoE massacre would slow down since Sweep/Smash would only be affected by auto-crit.
I'd just add that the second Blade Storm/ Force Scream I suggested doesn't need to be 100% the power of the first one, it's just a thought about a change that wouldn't nerf the spec in a single-target situation.

Siorac
11.28.2012 , 03:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
And how exactly is veng/Vig "unboring".

Last I knew the rotations where about the same...
Yeah, they're roughly the same. Except that they're completely different.

JustinxDuff
11.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Amazing how maras know there's a nerf on the way so they cry crocodile tears agreeing that the best course of action would be to lose auto crit.

Maras have way too much survivability and that is the problem. They should either be the uber nukes that they are now but without the survivability or their damage potential should be cut in half. 500k dmg in wz for a melee class is an absolute joke.
Smash mara/sents aren't real mara/sents IMO
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

filipesantana
11.28.2012 , 03:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Yeah, they're roughly the same. Except that they're completely different.
^ this

Anyone that played Veng will tell you that the playstyle is completely different

VasKur
11.28.2012 , 06:47 PM | #17
why we have not talked about smash/sweep earlier so often?

1. There was no decrease for Smash/sweep cooldown.
what was the point BW? 12 seconds cooldown for AoE attack with 100% critical chance it's long? now ppl can use it every 9-10 sec.

2. There was 60 sec cooldown for Combat Focus + singularity charges didn't reduced the focus/rage cost of sweep/smash.
now it have 40 sec cd. you had problems with regeneration of focus/rage ? focus/rage cost of sweep/smash was too high ?
which class have the same cooldown for similar ability?

it is terrible to see that the majority ( i think almost 80% on my server) of sent/maras and juggs/guardians now using focus/rage spec. it's easy and OP. what else people needs for fun ?

P.S. new warzone will be somekind of team deathmatch + capture-the-flag (devs says about it). so, if there will be no changes with focus/rage spec we'll get annoying smash fest.

P.S.S. Lets increase the range of smash/sweep from 5m to 10m, but make it like Force Wave/Overload which consular/ inqusitor have, i mean cone range ability.

Jack_Shadowshade
11.28.2012 , 06:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Second option is better than simply nerfing the base damage of the ability. But you'd have to compensate for a lack of AoE somehow - every class gets a useable AoE, Knights/Warriors shouldn't be the exception (though I know that Combat and Watchman spec barely ever uses Sweep anyway). And if you mention Cyclone Slash I'll drown you in a bucket of yoghurt.
About cyclone slash...

In all seriousness tho, i would like to point out that a Shadow/Sin's AoE (Lacerate) is just as weak as Cyclone slash, it is just 360 instead of a cone, but can only hit 4 people and if you mention the new overload I'll pull you into my bucket of yogurt and drown you with me .
Pyre
<The Ebon Remnant>

Hambunctious
11.28.2012 , 07:02 PM | #19
It isn't that hard. I never played the sweep spec before, and the one/only time I tried it I put out 380k in a novare wearing stock BM gear. I never even practiced with it after speccing it, and I am sure I could do even better if I had stuck with it.

Siorac
11.28.2012 , 07:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jack_Shadowshade View Post
About cyclone slash...

In all seriousness tho, i would like to point out that a Shadow/Sin's AoE (Lacerate) is just as weak as Cyclone slash, it is just 360 instead of a cone, but can only hit 4 people and if you mention the new overload I'll pull you into my bucket of yogurt and drown you with me .
Fair enough

But as Vigilance, the free Force Sweep is a nice filler attack and very useful to prevent capping. Also, Balance Shadows have access to Force in Balance while Kinetic Combat's Force Breach is an AoE. So I'd say Shadows are a bit better off - if we don't count Sweep. So I still feel that simply reducing Sweep to a single target attack isn't really a good option. Something like the more Singularity stacks you have, the less people you hit might work.

Or just roll it back to 1.3, really. There was nothing wrong with it, except the "wind-up" of Sweep.