Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Drop group quick button

Bigbearbear
11.28.2012 , 02:32 PM | #1
Is there a way to quickly drop group and get out of a FP? In WoW you can create a macro and bind it to key/button so that you can drop group/raid quickly and get out if things aren't going well.

Pretty convenient for me.

I know some will consider this 'anti-social" or selfish but there are times things really don't work for me (eg. tank lost, trying to kill every single skippable mob etc) and I'll take the 15min debuff gladly. Also, when the group is in combat, there'll be a delay in you dropping group, which is irritating for me, especially when the tank decides to attack a whole bunch of mobs that are skippable.

I'll like to have convenient button I can push and it'll drop me from the group immediately and put me back in my previous location. In other words, same mechanics as WoW.

MrSchmo
11.28.2012 , 02:37 PM | #2
Right click portrait > quit

How much quicker do you need?
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

FlippinFlapJack
11.28.2012 , 02:37 PM | #3
As if....
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Andryah
11.28.2012 , 02:39 PM | #4
Opinion: anyone that does this so often that they need a convenience macro for it.... I sure don't want to group with them.

/2-cents
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Reble-Dog-Squad
11.28.2012 , 02:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Opinion: anyone that does this so often that they need a convenience macro for it.... I sure don't want to group with them.

/2-cents
This!
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

SWGEvictee
11.28.2012 , 02:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigbearbear View Post
Is there a way to quickly drop group and get out of a FP? In WoW you can create a macro and bind it to key/button so that you can drop group/raid quickly and get out if things aren't going well.

Pretty convenient for me.

I know some will consider this 'anti-social" or selfish but there are times things really don't work for me (eg. tank lost, trying to kill every single skippable mob etc) and I'll take the 15min debuff gladly. Also, when the group is in combat, there'll be a delay in you dropping group, which is irritating for me, especially when the tank decides to attack a whole bunch of mobs that are skippable.

I'll like to have convenient button I can push and it'll drop me from the group immediately and put me back in my previous location. In other words, same mechanics as WoW.
You're right. That does sound pretty antisocial and selfish.

Satanski
11.28.2012 , 02:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by andryah View Post
opinion: Anyone that does this so often that they need a convenience macro for it.... I sure don't want to group with them.

/2-cents
+11211121

MillionsKNives
11.28.2012 , 02:45 PM | #8
/leave

Anyakaschala
11.28.2012 , 02:46 PM | #9
Wait, what? Someone attacked a skippable mob???? oh nos!!!! the horror. How could they.

The convienience button is maybe called teaching tools. Maybe have a better attitude towards your fellow players. Maybe suggest to the person who is the tank that the next time they can skip that pack(s).

The only way to make this a better game is to have better people playing it. To have people who care about the game and the players in it. Not people like this OP that just screams ME ME ME and ONLY ME.

If you want ot build a game and a game's player base, then the people need to step up and not do things like OP is suggesting.

DarthTHC
11.28.2012 , 02:48 PM | #10
The keystroke is Alt-F4.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer