Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Feskitt
11.28.2012 , 02:12 PM | #1321
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Problem:
You PuG and fail.

Solution (this is manyfold so try to keep up, ok?):
Make friends
Join a guild with PvP players (optional, but recommended)
Join a Vent/Mumble/Teamspeak/Skype/etc with guild or whoever you are in warzone with
Practice, study, duel, learn what works well, not only for your own class but for all classes
Coordinate assaults, always be mindful of the objectives
Be willing to identify your mistakes and learn from them

ALTERNATELY:
Come to the forums to QQ

Which will you choose? You're making Chibi Vader cry.

Problem:
You hide in a PreMade to farm newb 50's, pretend that means you're good, and are scared to face other PreMades.

Solution (this is obvious, so try to ignore it and pretend it's not the case, ok?):

Come to the forums to QQ lobby against what would enact real competition in the form of a solo vs group X-server system.

Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

cycao
11.28.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1322
Quote: Originally Posted by Feskitt View Post
Problem:
You hide in a PreMade to farm newb 50's, pretend that means you're good, and are scared to face other PreMades.

Solution (this is obvious, so try to ignore it and pretend it's not the case, ok?):

Come to the forums to QQ lobby against what would enact real competition in the form of a solo vs group X-server system.

How does a random team of 8 vs another random team of 8 equal real competition? Most know that real competition is found in doing rateds and when you do not have enough people on or no other teams are queuing then they run regular warzones.

cashogy
11.28.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1323
how is this thread this long?

cycao
11.28.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1324
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
how is this thread this long?
Apparently premades are the root of all evil.

PloGreen
11.28.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1325
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
As aforementioned numerous times in numerous threads, the situation described in the post you originally quoted can happen regardless of solo queue or not. My ability to solo 3 terrible players in recruit gear at a node has no bearing on my team and will continue to happen (more often in fact) in a solo queue. Therefore your reply still does not reflect an imbalance between PUGs and premades.

I am not biased and will hear arguments contrary to my position, but only if those arguments are relevant to the topic at hand. I will be in support of any change that makes the game fairer and more enjoyable for EVERYONE. If it does not apply to everyone, then a compromise must be found that will satisfy as many people as possible, not one that gives the ideal solution to one group and completely alienates another.

While population may be an issue in separating queues, the bigger problem is the logistics of making a team with a pool of groups with varying sizes. Take out the individuals and we have to get exactly 8 on a side using 2's, 3's, and 4's bearing in mind that groups on different factions cannot be mixed. The queue times would be atrocious.

Many of the issues that are attributed to premades would not be resolved by a solo queue. You will still have warzones where one team has a healer and the other doesn't. You will still have warzones where one team has more skilled players than the other. You will still have warzones where one team has better gear than the other. You will still have warzones where one team focuses on appropriate targets and one does not. You will still have warzones where one team has players willing to guard nodes and one does not.

In the case of this game, the compromise to both groups and individuals is that there is one queue available to anyone, but the maximum grouping is 4 in order to keep things balanced and avoid a true premade. From my perspective, I feel people are trying to find a way to separate casual players from what would be considered more competitive players and advocating for a solo queue as that solution.

My overall point in this particular post is this: No one would complain about playing against premades if the skill level was equal on both sides. If you lost a Novare Coast by 10% with lots of back and forth turret switching, you'd probably have a lot of fun and feel the teams were evenly matched. No one in the warzone has the same guild tag as anyone else, but you find out later on that 4 people on the other team were grouped. Was the warzone all the sudden not fun because of this? Did you have no shot at winning now because you found out they were grouped?

If your opinion of the warzone changes because you found out there was a group, then you are biased not me. (And I'm not implying that is the case, just stating that as fact)

TL;DR The problem isn't that people are playing together, it's that the skill level on both sides is not equal therefore a solo queue does not resolve the core issue.
I completley agree. If they seperate the queues people will just complain they are losing to better geared solo players and want a seperate brackets for valor etc, it will never end, there will always be winners and losers and there will always be more people who lose than win. This is the nature of pvp of games of this type.

I still don't see why a feature that has been in since the start of the game, that should encourage new players to form small groups of 4 of their own should be removed just because there are people that refuse point blank to help themselves, if people insist on making life hard for themselves by only solo queing and reducing their chances to win then that is entirely their own problem, dont make it mine ty.

filipesantana
11.28.2012 , 02:53 PM | #1326
Problem:

hide in a premade?! hiding from what>?!?!!! srlsy somethign is wrong with some of these people....

scared to face other premades?thats when its FUN!..and there are so many rpemades that ..guess what...IT HAPPENS OFTEN TO FACE ANOTHER PREMADE!..geez..

End-of-Eternity
11.28.2012 , 03:34 PM | #1327
Well, I think its time for make my first post ever in here, wish me luck (or hope me burn)

Im sure all things have been said million times here, but gonna repeat them anyway and maybe add some speculation as absolute truth.

Make friends

So, how is it that each 8 solo players other side of wz have easy time to find 3 decent PVP friends each for premade, but premade teams cant find 12 decent PVP players for ranked?

As bad 10-49 you have been insulted in most of your wz:s and now you should be find friends among same people. Yes, most are friendly players, but it takes only 1 of 8 to make some players eternal guildless solo queuers.

Get good

So, get good? Its that simple? Everyone cant be at the top no matter how hard they try. Even if all would train as much as best PVP players there always would be those who are far far away in distant galaxy in skill.

Voice comms

Yes, I am sure everyone has headsets with microphones and speak perfect english, but lets pretend if they would not.

Join decent PVP guild

Hey! My all time record damage is with Rage spec Marauder 280K, but most of the time its 40K-140K with annihilation Marauder. I havent won almost none one on ones in wz, but at least I have WH/BM armor (not augmented). My winning % is 5 in lv 50 wz. Can I get in your pro PVP guild? Whaaaat? No? *sniff*

Solo queue only

What prevents War Hero Geared to leave from wz when they see that their buddies arent in same wz, there is 4 or more recruit geared, there is players in full wh against them etc? This happens often in under 50 when theres many 10+ players in team.

Premade only queue

Hey! Didnt we have premade queue already, ranked or something? How did it go? Guys? Guys...? Hello.....?

I like solo queue, its perfect when I want to do daily or weekly, but weekly doesnt happen without wins and collecting comms is bit of pain when there is 0 medals matches where you are farmed at spawn point, not so many, but enough that you quit for lv 50.

I have been in casual guild and trough connections also in one of the most skilled PVP guilds in our server, so I have seen how things goes in both sides.

In casual guild I played players with my skill levels and solo queuers complained that we sucked, but loosing dint feel that bad with good company even when our team play was what it was. In skilled PVP guild things were pretty much same, friendly players, fun to play with, but with this team we mostly won. Those things werent happening in either of guilds after Guild Wars 2 and Pandaria.

With all this wall of text with very little point I am trying to say that I would love solo only queue, but not with expense of losing opportunity to play in premades. I still would like to play with players from my casual or pro guild when I have a chance.

Better matchmaking would work I believe, it wouldnt be perfect, but anything is better than things are now. I would also love solo ranked, as bad it would be only way to finally try it.

Pvtcarnage
11.28.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1328
Problem:

Hide huh, sure it has nothing todo with playing with friends/guildies and maybe they only have 4 ppl to play with and can't do ranked or maybe they are sick of pugging with whiners like yourself that do nothing to help win but tell everyone they suck in game?

And on my server you run into premades all the time which means fun games, this whole premade vs pug is the common scenario is hog wash.

only true fix is cross server ques with a better match making system.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

HuaRya
11.28.2012 , 03:42 PM | #1329
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
hide in a premade?! hiding from what>?!?!!! srlsy somethign is wrong with some of these people....

scared to face other premades?thats when its FUN!..and there are so many rpemades that ..guess what...IT HAPPENS OFTEN TO FACE ANOTHER PREMADE!..geez..
Which is more of a reason to have a solo queue and a group queue.

The only reason guildsters/premade even pollute this thread is that they know if there was a separated Group and Solo Queue that their group would have to work much harder and inevitably win less matches and medals.

PloGreen
11.28.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1330
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Which is more of a reason to have a solo queue and a group queue.

The only reason guildsters/premade even pollute this thread is that they know if there was a separated Group and Solo Queue that their group would have to work much harder and inevitably win less matches and medals.
No, its been said countless times - we dont want long queues..

The only way ill be happy if they seperate queues is if they add cross server otherwise, no way will I support that suggestion, sorry.