Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Graphics Card

MiraniSedai
11.28.2012 , 12:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ujest View Post

Recommended video card, nothing less than a AMD 6000 series. Recommend at least an AMD HD6870 or equivalent Nvidea card. Lessor cards will handle all current games, but a HD6870 or later is more current tech and will equal or exceed minimum spec for almost all games to come, for the next 2 or 3 years.
I disagree slightly with this I am running an HD 5850 card and the game runs beautifully with high graphics settings.

DarknessInLight
11.28.2012 , 12:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ujest View Post
.You would want at least 4 giga bytes (GB) of ram at least. However, 8 GB is better and recommend, especially if you are going to use an integrated video chip. You can squeeze by with 6 GB but 8 GB is better.
If you're going to use integrated video, what's the point?! Those video controllers do not support DirectX11 Tesselation and Shader Model 5.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

monkgryphon
11.28.2012 , 12:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MiraniSedai View Post
I disagree slightly with this I am running an HD 5850 card and the game runs beautifully with high graphics settings.
It was just his recommendation. He also did state that it would work well with other games for the next 2-3 years.

xSchLemMx
11.28.2012 , 12:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekell View Post
I am getting a new computer and it has a Radeon X1900 GT video card. I know nothing about this kind of stuff and I wanted to know if it would be able to play SWTOR well and on what settings? Also if it would be able to play Skyrim in HD?
in all honesty you should be asking somebody who is an expert in that field, the online community is a great tool to finding out things that may or may not work, asking graphics tech would allow you to obtain a better opinion and answers to your questions.
These are Not the Droids You're Looking For

monkgryphon
11.28.2012 , 01:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by xSchLemMx View Post
in all honesty you should be asking somebody who is an expert in that field, the online community is a great tool to finding out things that may or may not work, asking graphics tech would allow you to obtain a better opinion and answers to your questions.
It's really easy to just check up on tomshardware graphics card hierarchy charts and reviews and benchmarks of every GPU out there. Which I use for the information I gave.

PlayLoud
11.28.2012 , 01:10 PM | #16
It meets the minimum requirement for SWTOR. However, as others have said, you would need to stay on absolute minimum settings.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB | SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
Video: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 7 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Tekell
11.28.2012 , 01:30 PM | #17
Would it be able to run Skyrim with at least console graphics?

monkgryphon
11.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekell View Post
Would it be able to run Skyrim with at least console graphics?
No. Consoles have better hardware.

Bigbearbear
11.28.2012 , 01:47 PM | #19
How big is your monitor and do you know what is the resolution you're using? If you have a smaller monitor (eg. 17" running at 1280x720 resolution) you might be able to get away with playing at lowered graphics details.

I use a nVidia GTX670 myself on a 24 inch monitor at 1920x1200 resolution, max details. Hopefully that'll give you some idea of what kind of graphics card you might want to consider upgrading to.

See this site for all the different graphics chip comparison:
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/g...s-cards,1.html

Tekell
11.28.2012 , 01:57 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
No. Consoles have better hardware.
So it wouldn't work on either computer?