Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Hybrid Healing Set Bonus, Which Armourings?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
PvP Hybrid Healing Set Bonus, Which Armourings?

Darth_Dreselus
11.19.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1
Hey, I was gonna ask this in PvP forums but I doubt I would get any good advice there as it is just a massive QQ thread.

I am running a Hybrid Healer (bubble spec) and even though I am anticipating a nerf to the bubble (either making it give 600 resolve or going back to a mezz) I am looking to keep it as it is still a good escape tool.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...zZfcdM0MbZ0z.2

However, the four piece for PvP Force Mystic is rubbish, even for a full Seer post 1.2. I would much rather have the 2 PvP (lower lockout on bubble) and 2 PvE (lower cd on healing trance).

Currently I am using Campaign Armourings to achieve this. I have seen less than 1% decrease in PvP bonus healing but more than 5% increase in (Force) bonus healing as well as a marginal crit increase via the gained WP. I have overlooked the decrease in PvP damage reduction sadly.

Does anyone have any numbers as to whether using a BM armouring in Columi/Rakata shell would be better?

All I know is:
BM - 31 end, 33 wp, 50 exp
WH - 34 end, 36 wp, 50 exp
Campaign - 49 end, 68 wp

As such I would have the same expertise and only lose total of 6 end and 6 wp. At the moment I have lost 100 exp and gained 64 wp and 30 end. From the numbers mentioned above that seems as a fair trade off but any advice and maths (which I suck at) would be of massive help and appreciated.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Ycoga
11.20.2012 , 04:08 AM | #2
(If I were you I'd remove the points from Clamouring; you need at least 1 point in TKEffusion)

Quote:
However, the four piece for PvP Force Mystic is rubbish, even for a full Seer post 1.2. I would much rather have the 2 PvP (lower lockout on bubble) and 2 PvE (lower cd on healing trance).
This is a great combination, imho. I'm doing the same, except instead of going for lower HealingT CD I'm aiming for the 5% alacrity proc, but I'm definitely keeping the 2-piece pvp bonus that reduces bubble lockout.

Not sure what I'll do about my expertise just yet: it might drop low, but that may be acceptable once all the set bonuses kick in; I'll have to see.
Quote:
At the moment I have lost 100 exp and gained 64 wp and 30 end
It's pretty important to this spec to have 1.2k expertise, I think. However, we could drop as low as 1k with the increased End and WP offered by campaign armourings - I think it would work out ok. I wouldn't want to drop below 1k.

And of course, it's a lot of BH comms grinding.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

shadowflit
11.28.2012 , 01:46 PM | #3
I would stick with the 2x PvE armorings, and make up the expertise with crystals and bracers/belt. For reference, I have 2x PvE armorings and 1290 expertise.

If you want maximum expertise, you don't need to settle for battlemaster armorings. Just buy 2x focus and put those armorings in a PvE shell. If you're going for expertise on your bracers/belt, get moddable ones and do the same with those armorings.
Fleur
Night's Radiance
Ajunta Pall Refugee

adiwantinova
12.22.2012 , 04:03 PM | #4
I do the 2x healer pvp set bonus that decreases the lockout on shield, plus 2x campaign armorings that give a -1.5s decrease on healing trance.

I have also replaced the +expertise in both my main and off hand weapons (with +41 power crystals).

I don't feel squishy at all. I took over 500k damage in a WZ a few days ago, still dropped almost 700k healing and only died twice (thanks to spot heals from my sawbones scoundrel healer buddy).

Most WZ's I don't require much healing from friends, will see about 200-300k dmg taken, and can heal between 500k-700k with usually only 1-2 deaths.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

RGMetal
12.22.2012 , 05:22 PM | #5
EWH Belt/Bracer Armorings aren't bound to slot, and have no tied set bonus, would be perfect for loading into PvE shells(do the head and boots, turn off the head piece, and you won't have to deal with the looks). WH offhand is also this way.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

adiwantinova
12.22.2012 , 06:38 PM | #6
Belt/bracers don't have any set bonuses though.
ADI-WAN TINOVA

RGMetal
12.22.2012 , 07:09 PM | #7
That's the idea, you can use those expertise armorings in PvE shells(Tio/Colu/Rakata) for their bonuses. Could even do a 4 piece this way, though you'd look like a PvE hero. LOL

Just a thought.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

Washingtoon
12.22.2012 , 08:26 PM | #8
I havent even thought about using the set bonuses from pve armorings in my pvp set but I'm definitely going to try it now. Only problem could be that I already have a couple of EWH armorings, which I can't check atm since I'm at work, so I'm worried that I might end up in a situation where I have to pull one of them to open up a spot for a PvE armoring. I'll probably go for the DG armorings instead though, assuming they have the same set-bonuses (I never check since I tend to pick dropped items based on the mods in them instead).

I am a bit worried about dropping expertise though since I always tend to pug normal warzones (read: little to no help from team mates). It's a different story in premades.

adiwantinova
12.23.2012 , 11:39 AM | #9
So long as you keep your expertise at/slightly above 1200, you'll receive an HP and WP boost from the PVE armorings, a set bonus that'll make HT more "spamable" and you won't see an overall increase in squishiness because you'll actually be capable of out healing some DPS classes.

Just the other night, I was able to withstand a 2v1 against an assassin (hybrid) and a smash Jugg at the middle of the AH WZ, keeping them from getting boxes by myself.

If you balance you're bubble/root knock back setup, you can keep targets back when needed (5s root when they don't take damage). That's enough to do a full channel on HT (putting you at safe HP levels), a bubble and begin a deliverance cast that -- if uninterrupted -- will top off your HP pool. By now, you're on the short side of your CDs for CCs and will be fine.

Overall, the +170 +/- expertise really only translates to an additional increase of marginal 1-1.5% damage mitigation. Give me better, quicker heals, and increased crit/HP over that kind of "increased survivability".

At the end of the day, it's what you're comfortable with. Use this approach & try it for a minimum of 10 WZ's. if after you feel too squishy, start slowly adding the +exp back into your mix (starting with MH/OH, then Belt/Bracers, and keeping set bonus benefits as your "last resort" to increase survivability from +expertise).

Best of luck. Report back. I'll be interested to hear your test results!
ADI-WAN TINOVA

Darth_Dreselus
02.02.2013 , 07:53 PM | #10
The using Belt/bracer thing is good idea, I originally posted this thread before EWH was introduced =D.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP