Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

FeralPug
11.28.2012 , 11:47 AM | #21
Maybe we should just rename the server to "The Whiney Hawk"? It's a better fit.

I lost much of my rated team due to folks leaving SWTOR. I'm working on putting a team together for this though. I like the 5v5 idea. A little more flexibility with group comp than 3v3.

<Hex> will do its best to be there.

I would make a quick request for tourney rules: no match resets on disconnects. If a teammate DC's, you play down a man.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

alexsamma
11.28.2012 , 11:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
Maybe we should just rename the server to "The Whiney Hawk"? It's a better fit.

Quoted for Truth, the amount of pvp related QQ lately is overboard.

Zen will be there, however, we have not decided on a final team.

As the tournament hosts I think it would motivate other potential teams if GG were to post their team/teams.

Also, you guys should state any rules ahead of time (DC issues/Combat revive/NO ONE IN THE PIT WHO IS NOT FIGHTING/etc).

FeralPug
11.28.2012 , 12:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
Also, you guys should state any rules ahead of time (DC issues/Combat revive/NO ONE IN THE PIT WHO IS NOT FIGHTING/etc).
One of the fun parts of fighting in that pit is that audience members will occasionally get targeted and yoinked, or otherwise lit up. I think it's hilarious, and a match should never be stopped if this happens. It also raises the skill cap a bit: camera-angle and clean target acquisition are part of the game. It kinda gives it that "Thunderdome" feel.

Plus I'd hate to discourage the occasional streaker.

I'd say the fewer rules the better: anything that you can do in a ranked WZ is kosher. Likewise if someone DC's, you suck it up and play on.

It ain't my tourney though, so do what you will. Just some suggestions...
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Laynalan
11.28.2012 , 04:20 PM | #24
So there is no confusion:

battle rez, stealth/rez BY TEAM MEMBERS will be allowed. No one who IS NOT CURRENTLY IN THE MATCH should be in the pit or try to effect the game in any other way , except for talking ****, which will be allowed because it is very entertaining. If you DC your team must play without you, so please make sure your connection is reliable. If someone gets pulled into the pit because of bad targeting, play on.

alexsamma
11.28.2012 , 05:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FeralPug View Post
One of the fun parts of fighting in that pit is that audience members will occasionally get targeted and yoinked, or otherwise lit up. I think it's hilarious, and a match should never be stopped if this happens. It also raises the skill cap a bit: camera-angle and clean target acquisition are part of the game. It kinda gives it that "Thunderdome" feel.

I'd say the fewer rules the better: anything that you can do in a ranked WZ is kosher. Likewise if someone DC's, you suck it up and play on.

It ain't my tourney though, so do what you will. Just some suggestions...
In the last tournament we had someone stealth into the pit and come out of stealth in the corner during one of our matches, this is what I am referring to.

jackrunip
11.28.2012 , 11:28 PM | #26
Quote:
Wait wait...so does this mean I can run in the midst of a battle naked whilst triggering my smuggler "surrender" animation?

Quote:
No one who IS NOT CURRENTLY IN THE MATCH should be in the pit or try to effect the game in any other way
Ah, guess that answers that...

Quote:
If someone gets pulled into the pit because of bad targeting, play on.
So, theoretically speaking...could I hire someone in a match to "accidently" grapple me in?
<The Sanctuary>
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!

Laynalan
11.29.2012 , 12:32 AM | #27
Due to the potential laggy nature of the game caused by recent patches we will now allow a match do-over for ONE DC PER TEAM PER MATCH, if and ONLY IF NO ONE HAS DIED YET. If someone has died, then play on.

Badfenix
11.29.2012 , 01:27 PM | #28
If empire doesnt field a team I am willing to fill a spot on anyones roster that may need/want a marauder.
Elite High Warlord Bromontana <Silent Council> - The Ebon Hawk
Brorogan - Pot5

Jenzali
11.29.2012 , 02:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Badfenix View Post
If empire doesnt field a team I am willing to fill a spot on anyones roster that may need/want a marauder.
I don't have a team either and can fill in for anyone who needs a Bodyguard Merc, or an Undergeared Gunslinger.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Cajuncookin
11.29.2012 , 09:17 PM | #30
Car Ramrod is back and good to go!

Spooner
Raando
Vaul'akar'tazin
Nomurface
Tor'barr