Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balance Sage PVP Question

benrici
11.20.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1
This talent tree

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...MZcrcRsMkrfz.2

With Overkill augments and full Force Master BM, how does it fare in PVP? Been using it for a while never got a second opinion.

Thanks!

Aital
11.21.2012 , 10:37 AM | #2
You should probably take focused insight. Or psychic absorption is not going to be very useful.

LoL-K-Noob
11.25.2012 , 10:18 PM | #3
As a Sage with 1460 power, balance is ok good damage when someone is loaded up with your dots and the root is nice. Problem is Force runs out quick though having to reapply dots or new ones and the usual low survivability. You want to roll 0/20/21 or was it 0/21/20 im not logged in. Extreme survivability with decent damage.

benrici
11.26.2012 , 04:56 PM | #4
I mixed the spec the other day to be a healing hybrid, so far isnt so bad... Going to look at the 0/20/21

As for augments I have a mix of resolve and overkill... tempted to go all overkill is that the best choice?

Rolander
11.27.2012 , 11:59 AM | #5
0/8/33 with extra range and extra bubble armor from telekinetics

I am min/maxed WH

proc instant mind crush, all the healing from crits, and the root/dot from server force, force recovery from telekinetic throw and do not have have a problem with force or survivability

imo this is the only fully speced sage class for pvp

MusicRider
11.28.2012 , 11:35 AM | #6
This
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e2dfef2de2f20:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...bMdZfMcRsMkM.2
Feel free to change drain thoughts with assertion.

I use WP augments but irrelevant as you can balance it with mod/enhancement swaps. 2 pieces force mystic and 2 pieces force master.

NukErv
12.04.2012 , 09:31 AM | #7
The bubble Burts is a must now. If done that full Hybrid build, it's NICE. However, I kept getting stun locked by operatives. Once an operative finds you in a WZ they just hunt you down. At tleast with the Bubble you get a fighting chance.

paul_preib
12.05.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NukErv View Post
The bubble Burts is a must now. If done that full Hybrid build, it's NICE. However, I kept getting stun locked by operatives. Once an operative finds you in a WZ they just hunt you down. At tleast with the Bubble you get a fighting chance.
Leave bubblestun to the healers as your shearing top end damage to get it while not having the cd/force pool to keep it up on others means you can be disregarded as something a bit above a mosquito in someone's ear, then when the real threats are taken down toy can be freely focused
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

MisterMuse
12.05.2012 , 06:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by paul_preib View Post
Leave bubblestun to the healers as your shearing top end damage to get it while not having the cd/force pool to keep it up on others means you can be disregarded as something a bit above a mosquito in someone's ear, then when the real threats are taken down toy can be freely focused
Would be a perfect idea if there was any grantee that you'd have a bubble-speced healer. Reality is that often you'd come into WZ without one and then you'd lose a major survival tool. What you give up is not really that bad either, the most important talents are rather far down the trees and the telekinetic tree has a lot of nice candy that creates a good hybrid spec.
Raysho - Hybrid Sage
FahÚr - Combat Sentinel
JahÝr - Vigilance Guardian
SahÝr - Assault Vanguard

MusicRider
12.05.2012 , 07:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by paul_preib View Post
Very very little true in shearing damage, not true in force pool. See build above. Partially true with the cooldown but if you are selective it is just as effective.