Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
I'm presuming XP gain is awarded at the end of the warzone? I only play my main character, not much for alts.

Make individual kills grant x amount of xp in a warzone, so they can't stay 49 forever.
Yes - at the end of wz. And this would fix it , definitely.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

xxdragonragexx
11.28.2012 , 11:06 AM | #12
Maybe you guys don't play at 50, but this is very common at 50.
Lack of world pvp and a linear gear progression through warzones makes the pvp in this game all about getting top gear.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 11:09 AM | #13
As long as there's a 200 hour plus grind to gear up to be on a level playing field at 50- don't expect people to be so eager to get into this. Especially players who might only play one or two hours a day due to work, family, etc....- for them that grind can take months.

There will always be twinking in any game that has absurd gear discrepancies- and even so, level 49 twinks still have a far less significant advantage over level 20-25ish players (frankly, entering pvp before 20 is asking to get served) than optimized, augmented WH versus new recruits.

I don't even do this twinking thing- I almost do nothing but pvp on my level 20-30 alts because it's fun and feels balanced even at that level after dealing with the extreme TTK of 50 and the marauder root and smash trains. Yet, I see no problem with people that do this- they know full well level 50 pvp is brutal- even level 50 players all agree, look at the forums, you see almost nobody (outside marauders) saying good things about level 50 pvp.

Seems like they're the smart ones actually.

Xarimath
11.28.2012 , 11:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Apparently it seems the new "thing" is to stay perpetually at level 49, twink your toon to all hell and stay in level 1-49 warzones in perpetuity. This is done by exiting the warzone before it completes (some times at the cost of team play). You don't level if you do this.

I play on an RP server and it's become a significant problem. To the point where people will leave warzones when they see a team of these level 49s. And if it's a problem on a RP server, I'm sure it must be on others.

Oh I am sure there will be people who are fine with this, in fact - who engage in it themselves. Time to move on - buck it up - take your medicine like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure the ability to do this is not part of the intended game mechanic. It needs to be fixed. I am tired of teams giving up before the wz starts and of people exiting the wz before it finishes (and sometimes contributing to losses in Huttball when scores are tied).

If this has been addressed - my apologies. I read through some threads and tried a search, but came up with nothing...
Which RP server?
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarimath View Post
Which RP server?

How is that relevant?

But, since you asked - Ebon Hawk.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Atramar
11.28.2012 , 11:14 AM | #16
I try very hard, but I can't find purpose of doing that...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
As long as there's a 200 hour plus grind to gear up to be on a level playing field at 50- don't expect people to be so eager to get into this. Especially players who might only play one or two hours a day due to work, family, etc....- for them that grind can take months.

There will always be twinking in any game that has absurd gear discrepancies- and even so, level 49 twinks still have a far less significant advantage over level 20-25ish players (frankly, entering pvp before 20 is asking to get served) than optimized, augmented WH versus new recruits.

I don't even do this twinking thing- I almost do nothing but pvp on my level 20-30 alts because it's fun and feels balanced even at that level after dealing with the extreme TTK of 50 and the marauder root and smash trains. Yet, I see no problem with people that do this- they know full well level 50 pvp is brutal- even level 50 players all agree, look at the forums, you see almost nobody (outside marauders) saying good things about level 50 pvp.

Seems like they're the smart ones actually.

This isn't simply twinking. You don't need to artificially hold yourself at a level using a game mechanic in a way it wasn't intended (which is against the TOS.) to twink.

It also is not good for team play in general. Leaving a WZ in Huttball in a tie can cost the team a win.

I am assuming this is not intended - we'd need Bioware to verify.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
I try very hard, but I can't find purpose of doing that...
It's called "My epeen is feeling a little teeny ... so, if i stoke it some, it will be the biggest in this group for a long time. But I don't dare go compare it to the big dogs..."

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 11:20 AM | #19
It's called "My epeen is feeling a little teeny ... so, if i stoke it some, it will be the biggest in this group for a long time. But I don't dare go compare it to the big dogs..."
Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.

xxdragonragexx
11.28.2012 , 11:22 AM | #20
And you are butt hurt cuz their epeen is so big? lol.
All types of pvp is about epeen lol. People play 200 hours to get top gear. 200 hours of time that could be spent some where more productive. All because of epeen. All to be top dog.

You are just in denial. The fact that you are here is because you are suffering from epeen envy.