Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.28.2012 , 10:49 AM | #1
Apparently it seems the new "thing" is to stay perpetually at level 49, twink your toon to all hell and stay in level 1-49 warzones in perpetuity. This is done by exiting the warzone before it completes (some times at the cost of team play). You don't level if you do this.

I play on an RP server and it's become a significant problem. To the point where people will leave warzones when they see a team of these level 49s. And if it's a problem on a RP server, I'm sure it must be on others.

Oh I am sure there will be people who are fine with this, in fact - who engage in it themselves. Time to move on - buck it up - take your medicine like the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure the ability to do this is not part of the intended game mechanic. It needs to be fixed. I am tired of teams giving up before the wz starts and of people exiting the wz before it finishes (and sometimes contributing to losses in Huttball when scores are tied).

If this has been addressed - my apologies. I read through some threads and tried a search, but came up with nothing...

:;edit:: To be clear - this isn't an "anti twink" post. It isn't an "anti-premade" post. There is NOTHING wrong with twinking a char in the absence of (mis)using a game mechanic to artificially hold yourself at a certain level. This also isn't a "Level 50 PvP is fine - and absent of it's own problems" post. Clear?
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

cycao
11.28.2012 , 10:52 AM | #2
I have been going hard on my alts to get some flavor at 50 and have yet to run into a "twink". If they want to do that then eh I rather PvP with the 50's.

Bugattiboy
11.28.2012 , 10:53 AM | #3
Well if level 50 PvP didn't suck balls we wouldn't have this problem.

Mancer
11.28.2012 , 10:53 AM | #4
Yeah it's a cowards way out. I praise those who leave pre 50 PVP head into 50 and pay their dues, earn their gear or find ways to top the boards regardless. It is possible. But who gives a damn about my opinion? Shrug
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Technohic
11.28.2012 , 10:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I have been going hard on my alts to get some flavor at 50 and have yet to run into a "twink". If they want to do that then eh I rather PvP with the 50's.
I've seen it a couple of times. Irony is, a lot of times they are not that good. My theory is they allow their advantage to take over and get lazy.

Every once in a while, I have seen one here and there which seems good; but it seems those people get bored and move on.

xxdragonragexx
11.28.2012 , 10:59 AM | #6
What is exactly the problem? The game is about gear especially in pvp. It is the same at 50 and at 10-49.
You put on crappy gear and you will die. The people that spend a lot of time using purple gear dominates.
I level my characters only in pvp. They always have up to date equipment and purple item mods. I don't find any problems fighting level 49s that are geared out.

You are the same as those people that thinks that new 50s should be equal to people that have been pvping for months. This game is about gear. You need to spend time acquiring gear if you want to dominate. If you are just in the warzones for the daily, then you don't need to gear up. Use your green level gear that is 5 levels below your current level, join alderaan or nov coast, go to a node and sit there.

Ask yourself this? Do you join warzones to pvp or to get exp for the daily? Look at your gear. The answer is right there. If I'm level 14, and I have 8ish gear. I'm not there to pvp. I'm just there to leech and get the daily while people that bother to gear up do the work.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 10:59 AM | #7
Getting bored and moving on hasn't happened on my server. In fact - it's getting more common.

If it wasn't a recurring issue - affecting 2 or so wxs daily - I wouldn't say a thing.

But it is. And it's getting worse. Time it was stopped.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Brotharewt
11.28.2012 , 11:00 AM | #8
The good news here is that there is literally no reward for doing this, no WZ comms, no credits, and you dont get to see the score card at the end.

I have run into a few people doing this, i have found that using /say to let them know the game is almost over and that they should leave before accidentally hitting 50 (over and over) is enough public shame to get them to stop (sometimes)

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 11:01 AM | #9
I'm presuming XP gain is awarded at the end of the warzone? I only play my main character, not much for alts.

Make individual kills grant x amount of xp in a warzone, so they can't stay 49 forever.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Brotharewt View Post
The good news here is that there is literally no reward for doing this, no WZ comms, no credits, and you dont get to see the score card at the end.

I have run into a few people doing this, i have found that using /say to let them know the game is almost over and that they should leave before accidentally hitting 50 (over and over) is enough public shame to get them to stop (sometimes)

That technique isn't effective on my server - these people are determined to dominate the WZs. And it is becoming a more common practice - again. 2 weeks ago I didn't know of it. Now I encounter it a few times daily. I PvP daily.

I cannot imagine it is part of the intended mechanic. And until it's fixed - I think, should it follow the current trend, it is only going to get worse.

Funny -- you can see in this thread who isn't willing to put their big boy pants on.... lol