Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group finder keeps queing me as a tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Group finder keeps queing me as a tank
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

melodylane
11.12.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1
Everytime I go to use group finder I get qued as a tank even after I check to make sure that I am dps it will pop up as me as a tank. And while I'm at it I can't ever see my friends when they are online. It shows if I actually pull my friends page but not in my notice bar.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Bronholz
11.12.2012 , 09:28 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings melodylane,

Thanks for reporting this to us, this is an issue that we are aware of.

To help us look into the issue, please can you open a Bug Report via the In-Game Help centre. Using the guidelines listed here while creating your ticket will ensure that it reaches the right team and has all the required information.

As a workaround you can try opening the Group finder right after queuing (if the queue does not open instantly), toggle the role selection and then hit update roles. This should then queue you correctly with a correct role.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Lyshar
11.12.2012 , 10:37 PM | #3
This issue should be in the Known In-Game Issues thread if you aknowledge it. I reported it nearly 2 months ago and it still isn't. I even reported it again not long ago because the "automated" response does not give a feeling of it being taken seriously.

When you wait an hour or longer for a group you are happy to get in one, many do not check the role they are given when they find a group. So you wait for so long get a group, you can't complete the content because you don't have all the roles there, people rage and leave the group, then everyone else does the same so you're alone and you can't reinnitiate the group finder to repair the group and have to start all over, waiting another hour+ in the group finder.

The workaround can be ignored. There is no "update roles" button, roles are updated as you toggle the roles, but that doesn't fix anything. At times the roles reset every few minutes, so you have to watch the group finder for however long you are queued to make sure it won't change your roles, so you'd just get bored out of your mind.

Also, when you are in a partial group when you queue I think only the party leader can change his own roles, I thought for a while that in a group it might not reset, but a day or so after I saw that might be the case it did reset the roles.

Please take this more seriously, I'm losing faith in reporting bugs. I may still be reporting them (for now), but others are leaving because they can't take the same bugs being around this long. No amount of "free to play" is going to fix that.

melodylane
11.13.2012 , 08:45 AM | #4
The group finder queing me as a tank is a recently new issue for me. But the friends not showing up as online in the notice bar issue has been around since 1.4 hit. I reported the problem several times in game and have just given up all together reporting the issue. I hear you about problems never getting fixed! I love the game but the bug resolve time frame is ridiculous.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Lyshar
11.18.2012 , 07:25 AM | #5
Tomorrow it's been 2 months since I first reported it ( ticket 6466910 ), at which time it was already going on a week at least. It's only getting worse, right now it's resetting EVERY MINUTE, already left a group because it reset and I didn't notice, and TWICE IN A ROW I rejected because it gave me the wrong role again, after that I tried again and prevented another misqueue... now I'm trying to get the in the same queue again all over, so I keep getting at the bottom.

It doesn't matter this way that I'm a subscriber, I'm still not going to get into a group ever! And it just told me again that I was the wrong role... we are talking minutes here. THERE IS NO WORKAROUND!

AT LEAST UPDATE THAT THREAD OF KNOWN ISSUES ASAP, AND FIX THIS BUG FINALLY!

Lyshar
11.27.2012 , 11:48 PM | #6
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398 does still not admit it exists. Do I have to send that person a private message or something? Might actually get more answers then... or an infraction.

I may have found a possible workaround though, it is however not an acceptable one unless you want to blindly stare at your screen for 2 hours or more, while you cannot do anything else.

The workaround requires you to immediately reopen your group finder after queueing (at which point it may already have reset), this seems to lock your preferred role. HOWEVER, this also fills most of your screen making you unable to do missions or much else.

The official workaround given in this thrad is still utter non-sense. That button does still not exist and the problem remains, or at least returns within seconds or minutes most of the time.

Gan-ja
11.27.2012 , 11:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
As a workaround you can try opening the Group finder right after queuing (if the queue does not open instantly), toggle the role selection and then hit update roles. This should then queue you correctly with a correct role.

Thanks for your patience.
Tried this long before reading this post, didnt work.

This issue hasnt been solved for months

Submitted a ticket but no response of course.

SkuzBukit
11.28.2012 , 01:29 AM | #8
Here is a workaround for this bug:

1. Open Group Finder
2. Select your one preferred role.
3. Close group finder
4. Open group finder......

At step 4 you should see that the role you previously selected was saved, this will stop the Group finder from "auto-selecting" your role. You can now join the queue & it will not switch you to an undesired role.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

Lyshar
11.28.2012 , 10:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SkuzBukit View Post
Here is a workaround for this bug:

1. Open Group Finder
2. Select your one preferred role.
3. Close group finder
4. Open group finder......

At step 4 you should see that the role you previously selected was saved, this will stop the Group finder from "auto-selecting" your role. You can now join the queue & it will not switch you to an undesired role.
At that point it will have remembered most likely, yes. Still not going to be 100%. What it doesn't do is make the group finder remember when you do queue. There is no guarantee it will still remember when it finally gives you a group, and very possibly it won't.

I've been at the point where I opened and closed it 10 times in a row, checking my role every time before actually hitting the button to join the queue... only to still be grouped as an incorrect role, meaning I have to reject, annoying the others that got the group, and having to start at the bottom of the queue... At least that is the bottom of the subscriber queue for me.

Still the only way is to reopen the group finder and leave it open, at least that looks like it might work (since I gave the workaround it's a matter of time till it's proven wrong). WHICH DISABLES YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY WHILE YOU WAIT!

SkuzBukit
11.28.2012 , 11:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
At that point it will have remembered most likely, yes. Still not going to be 100%. What it doesn't do is make the group finder remember when you do queue. There is no guarantee it will still remember when it finally gives you a group, and very possibly it won't.

I've been at the point where I opened and closed it 10 times in a row, checking my role every time before actually hitting the button to join the queue... only to still be grouped as an incorrect role, meaning I have to reject, annoying the others that got the group, and having to start at the bottom of the queue... At least that is the bottom of the subscriber queue for me.

Still the only way is to reopen the group finder and leave it open, at least that looks like it might work (since I gave the workaround it's a matter of time till it's proven wrong). WHICH DISABLES YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY WHILE YOU WAIT!
I am sorry to hear you have not found this workaround to be effective for you, speaking purely from personal experience it has worked faultlessly for me on all of my characters, hopefully a fix is put in for this soon.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21