Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to fix Boss skipping


Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.28.2012 , 07:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Good luck getting anyone 61+ gear level if they implement something like that. I'd just 2 man farm entire HM flashpoints. Not to mention the current cost of stabilizers would be dumbed down to the level of Biometric Crystal Alloys. The population willing to do Group Finder HM's would drop seriously.
I see nothing wrong here. Farmers farm, players play.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
11.28.2012 , 07:57 AM | #12
Like kitru said earlier,, and it have been suggesed in other threads too. Make all bosses needed for the FP to complete. Or you could increase agrorange on mobs in FPs. That would reduce the skipping of trash alot too.

I know, lots of people would complaint about not being able to skip, but the complaint would probably be from the same people who barely run any FP anymore, and when the do they do it for BH coms that they most likely only would need for an alt or a companon.

todorovh's Avatar


todorovh
11.28.2012 , 09:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
Like kitru said earlier,, and it have been suggesed in other threads too. Make all bosses needed for the FP to complete. Or you could increase agrorange on mobs in FPs. That would reduce the skipping of trash alot too.

I know, lots of people would complaint about not being able to skip, but the complaint would probably be from the same people who barely run any FP anymore, and when the do they do it for BH coms that they most likely only would need for an alt or a companon.
Why should EVERYONE be punished because of a few QQers on the forums .. you CANNOT force people into doing complete runs. If you really want to kill everything - setup your own groups.

Btw I run random t1s pretty much every day on my BiS 63 main .. why on earth would I want to waste time on bosses which drop tionese crystals ( of which i am already capped ) or outdated gear ( worse then the free recruit stuff we are getting ).

Also finding new ways to skip stuff can be pretty fun

Helig's Avatar


Helig
11.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
Why should EVERYONE be punished because of a few QQers on the forums .. you CANNOT force people into doing complete runs. If you really want to kill everything - setup your own groups.

Btw I run random t1s pretty much every day on my BiS 63 main .. why on earth would I want to waste time on bosses which drop tionese crystals ( of which i am already capped ) or outdated gear ( worse then the free recruit stuff we are getting ).

Also finding new ways to skip stuff can be pretty fun
Let us exchange loads of crystals for top-tier craft bags?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
11.28.2012 , 10:14 AM | #15
Flashpoint boss killer weekly. Like 30 of them. Doesn't matter which ones. With bh comms as reward or a few stabs (market won't crash or whatever).

translucentwolf's Avatar


translucentwolf
11.28.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Let us exchange loads of crystals for top-tier craft bags?
Not sure you boys have been reading the dev notes.

In 1.6, you will be able to trade 25 tionese crystals for an 'ancient artifact box'.

My main has capped at 1000 crystals.

Figure I'll get a lot of stuff I won't want ( purple lvl 50 ears. meh ).

But, I'll probably also get a 'prototype' something out of my 40 boxes. Those are always nice.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
11.28.2012 , 10:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
In 1.6, you will be able to trade 25 tionese crystals for an 'ancient artifact box'.
Going to wait until I see what is in the boxes before I get excited about that, but yeah at least it is something.

BW needs to be extremely careful about fixing this or they will run off the overgeared masses from random GF. I know if I have to fight every mob and every boss, then I will be taking my little healer on guild runs in GF. As it is now I do random GF everyday on my healer, sometimes more than once if people are yelling in chat that the need healers in GF. Now when I go in, I will do whatever the group wants. I will do a full clear if that is what the group wants, but if I knew every run was going to be a full clear, then I would not be going as often as I do.

I also only go on GF HMFP when it is a instant pop. If it does not pop right away, I figure they have plenty of healers or lack tanks and I will go level alts for a while before coming back to check again. So I know for a fact running off tanks and healers from GF by doing something stupid is not a good thing.

todorovh's Avatar


todorovh
11.28.2012 , 11:02 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
Not sure you boys have been reading the dev notes.

In 1.6, you will be able to trade 25 tionese crystals for an 'ancient artifact box'.

My main has capped at 1000 crystals.

Figure I'll get a lot of stuff I won't want ( purple lvl 50 ears. meh ).

But, I'll probably also get a 'prototype' something out of my 40 boxes. Those are always nice.
1.6 is not up yet .. i ve been capped on tionese crystals for MONTHS on several of my chars ..

Anyway my point was that I'm not a fan of removing the OPTION of skipping .. I do like the flashpoints a lot .. i've cleared them fully a number of times and I understand that other people may be interested in doing that now, but I am NOT ( most of the time ) and I don't see a reason why I should be FORCED into doing so.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
11.28.2012 , 11:37 AM | #19
Quote:
How to fix Boss skipping
What? When did boss skipping get broken?

No, I don't think it is broken.

I was able to skip bosses just fine even today.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
11.28.2012 , 11:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
You call it "destabilize the market", I call it "level the trading/crafting field".
It's not leveling the field when you're turning what is, nominally, a valuable commodity, into something that anyone and everyone has in abundance, especially when it's the commodity that is used in making the best gear in the game, at the moment, and is the only commodity required to make said best gear in the game that is even remotely hard to get compared to the amount needed. At that point, it's nuking the field because you're just doing to reduce *every* commodity required to make what is currently top tier gear cheap as BCAs are.

One of the important aspects of end game content is gear and content progression. If Molecular Stabilizers were made as ridiculously common as you seem to want them to be, people would go from hitting level 50, to full tionese immediately (which we're getting in 1.6), to full 63, many without ever setting foot in an operation or content harder than a t1 flashpoint. There wouldn't be any gear or content progression because you'd be able to lounge in the best gear there is while doing the easiest content there is. The reward you're recommending is vastly out of line with the difficulty *and* the time required, both in real time and play time.

Making Molecular Stabilizers as common as you seem to want them is a small step below simply providing anyone and everyone with full 63 gear as soon as they hit 50 (which it would be entirely possible to do for alts with the glut of stabilizers or for anyone that knows how to play the market a bit). Sure, *some* people would love it, but it makes gear progression a non-issue and takes away any kind of real sense of achievement from acquiring gear. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of welfare epics for entry level 50s, but I definitely oppose it when said welfare epics are BiS or damned near close to it.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.