Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IamPolaris
11.28.2012 , 09:33 AM | #71
Why do Armormechs and cybertechs have to pay to remove items from the same gear they create, am I charging myself? If I make the gear why is it BoP? If you are going to make it bind Alter to Bind to legacy.
How about a crafting mod station be available on our ships to add aug slots and such?

Have you even thought about having cyber techs be able to make customizable Speeders.I.E Mix and match appearance a La Speeder buildoff. You've made us useless for anything else.. made High level Grade 8 mats near impossible to get.. ( dont even try to say you can get them from space combat box, drop rate is pathetic. I get 1 molecular stabelizer per 4 boxes. Thats 800 fleet coms spent after 16 hours of space flight to get ONE molecular stabilizer ?
I know why you did this, make it so rare that people will pay real money to get cartel packs .. but I tell you this.. you allow this to continue and your greed will give you just that.. FTP's only.

TUXs
11.28.2012 , 09:38 AM | #72
Resolve - do you have any plans to alter it in any way to be more 'inclusive' of CC's? The 2nd biggest complaint in PvP (after gear gap) seems to be the sheer number of CC's - this complaint/frustration is exacerbated by the sheer number of CC's that completely ignore Resolve.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

fabiyun
11.28.2012 , 09:51 AM | #73
Hey Guys, thanks for doing another LiveStream event.

How is the transition to F2P going? I think I can notice more players on the European servers because of the move to F2P, do your numbers show this to be true? This would of course be great news.
Regarding F2P and subscriptions; Most Europeans do not have a credit card, and using PayPal has become a hassle. Is there any way you can add local payment options? Like debit card payments, there are nationwide online payment methods in all EU countries (Swift for UK, iDeal for NL). Can Cartel Coins also be available on a coupon in stores? I think that many players actually want to pay for this product, but meet too many barriers at the moment. To make F2P a real success I would suggest looking into some of these barriers.

More players is better for getting through all the group content. I still experience long waits in the Group Finder queue and at times also in the Warzone queue. Is there a possibility this can be a cross continent server experience so the waits will decrease? And about the queues, why can't I queue for FPs that the system deems inappropriate for my level? I seem to level much faster than the suggested levels for content, and I now can't use the Group Finder to find groups for world content. Can this be addressed? And also, there's the Weekly Challenges to deal with the World Bosses, can this be added to Group Finder? I'm not even sure which channel to spam for groups, one of the planets or the fleet.

The topic of this LiveStream is 1.6. What is 1.6? Does it include Makeb? Or is Makeb coming later?

Will we be seeing new Class Story content any time soon? And on the topic of story; We've been promised SGRs last year, after apparently it had slipped your minds, even though we had a lively topic about it on the old forums since the old forums opened. When will this be addressed? What can we expect in terms of new Companions and SGRs? Will SGRs come for new Companions only? And will those new Companions come on the Cartel Marker like HK51? Putting new companions on the Cartel Market would at least allow all classes a good chance for romance without the restriction of a class requirement. But at the moment we don't have anything to go by. Could you please clarify >something< regarding SGRs. What kind of time table are we looking at? Another year? More? Is it not worked on at all anymore? It would certainly be courteous to let the LGBTQ and RP player base know if it has been scrapped.

Thanks.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Costello
11.28.2012 , 10:08 AM | #74
Question 1: One of the major strength of Star Wars The Old Republic are the class stories but there have often been criticism that they become generic and meaningless with no real choices, consequences or Impact. Are there any plans to progress the story of star wars the Old Republic and if so will it be with more meaningful story that is deeper than saving worlds and killing the dark council who mean nothing.

Question 2: When will the Empire Strike Back. Of late most of the quests have been hunting generic enemies such as a councilor on Corellia, Rakghouls Plagues on Kaon, Dread Masters and their minons on Denova and Belsavis. When will the Empire strike back at the republic after the crushing defeat on Corellia.

Question 3: New Species. When oh God When will we see new species added that offer more choice to character customisation. With the Elder Scrolls online talking about greater levels of customisation for thier lizardmen race TOR only offers humans and painted Humans. When are we going to see some real choice of species. And yes I am aware that Cathar maybe coming in by in all honesty they look to have been forgotten and what we saw was very lack luster.

Question 4: With new space missions and the increase in the avilability of Black Hole coms are we going to see some use for them? As it stands the avilability of coms is increasing but there is little new or exciting equipment to be purchased. Will we see more things to purchase rather than just armouring mods that are already available in the armour?

Question 5: When will we see more sandbox features that allow for players to have content that isn't simply running some dailies or warzones and once a week doing an ops run or so? As it stands end game is very repeative.

Laurreth
11.28.2012 , 10:12 AM | #75
With the recent introduction of a new tier of PvE gear and the upcoming "restructuring" of the PvP sets, what is the general stance towards an ever-escalating item spiral? Can we expect to see things go ape over time, or is the game supposed to do some horizontal scaling with just minor balance changes for the long term?

ThePedigree
11.28.2012 , 10:16 AM | #76
1.6 seems to be shaping up as a PVP-centric patch with the implementation of a new Warzone and a new tier of gear for PVP players. With that in mind, will this patch have any balance changes to classes? There a plethora of widely reported issues balance related, it seems silly to release another tier of gear without also addressing them.

Morrgans
11.28.2012 , 10:25 AM | #77
1) as was asked before: When does the class story continue?

2) Could you please elaborate how EXACTLY does the Flash Point restriction work? When is the loot counter triggered? When exiting the flashpoint? When rolling for loot the first time in a flashpoint? No matter what, just entering FP is enough to reduce the counter etc.

Keep it up!
Morrgan

Rassuro
11.28.2012 , 11:25 AM | #78
A question for the stream, I don't know who is going to be there but hopefully someone who can answer this question:

We have not too long ago gotten a few short comments from BioWare in the PVP forum regarding class balance and some issues which might need to be looked at. Can you talk at all about PVP class balance, for example what your current opinions on the state of it is, and when we could possibly expect to see the next round of class changes?

Either way, thank you, 1.6 seems like it's going to become a great patch.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Korusus
11.28.2012 , 11:47 AM | #79
Will we ever receive future class storyline content that is unique to each class (i.e. a proper Chapter 4 and beyond)? And will content like that and Makeb, etc. be purchasable with Cartel coins and subscribers would do well to save up their allotments rather than blow them on gambling boxes?

Dentface
11.28.2012 , 12:31 PM | #80
Question 1: A world event on Ilum in January was mentioned a few times. Can you shed a bit more light on that subject?

Question 2: We haven't seen a new flashpoint since 1.2, are there any in the works?

Question 3: Will Disney acquiring LucasFilm and LucasArts impact the game in any way? If so, how?