Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't sell cartel items to vendors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't sell cartel items to vendors

FlippinFlapJack
11.28.2012 , 09:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Honestly wish they would implement selling to Vendor.. seeing how ridicilously low some sell prices are on GTN because the market is flooded at this time. Then it is usually economically more viable to just vendor it.

Brings back memories to the times in WoW when cloth prices were so low you could actually make a 100% profit to craft them into First Aid bandages and vendoring those..
This sounds like you can't sell cartel market items to a vendor either.

I can list the unbound items on the GTN but the market is so flooded that I get nothing out of it if it sells at all.

Weather an item is bound or not, if it has that cartel market symbol on it, I simply cannot sell it to a vendor.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

MonsterBike
11.28.2012 , 09:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
The companion gifts and crafting materials can be sold as usual but any item that has the little cartel market symbol in the corner cannot be sold to a vendor. Such as the banners (both sides), glowing eyes (red and gold), speeders, pets, weapons, crystals, elegant lounge wear, etc.

Again, I can list them on the GTN once the bond timer has expired but selling them to a vendor doesn't work even though I can see the vendor price.

Am I bugged, is everyone bugged or is this intentional?
I would imagine it is intentional....People just payed $5 to get the crap that sells on the GTN for 5k. I think they expected items to be more valuable. If they want to make the Cash Shop work it has to have a good reward ingame to players.

Isleen
11.28.2012 , 09:59 AM | #13
It is intentional (Bioware post on the French forums about this).

tendura
11.29.2012 , 10:33 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Isleen View Post
It is intentional (Bioware post on the French forums about this).
Intentionally stupid is what it is...

Everyone knows Biowares slogan....

I quote: "If it ain't broken, fix it 'till it is."

Soluss
11.29.2012 , 10:53 AM | #15
The reason is that the items are so useless that not even the NPC vendors want them.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
11.29.2012 , 10:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tendura View Post
Intentionally stupid is what it is...

Everyone knows Biowares slogan....

I quote: "If it ain't broken, fix it 'till it is."
Actually, its not stupid. If you could sell the stuff to vendors then CS would be flooded with tickets from people who "accidently" sold their stuff to the vendor. Then CS looks like jerks if they dont reimburse every single person that sold his useless pixels. Its one thing if its free pixels, its another when people pay extra for those pixels.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

SciFiGeekette
11.29.2012 , 11:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Actually, its not stupid. If you could sell the stuff to vendors then CS would be flooded with tickets from people who "accidently" sold their stuff to the vendor. Then CS looks like jerks if they dont reimburse every single person that sold his useless pixels. Its one thing if its free pixels, its another when people pay extra for those pixels.
Umm, isn't that why you can buy back stuff you sold to the vendor?
The Slackerette Legacy
Xtraordinary Slackers Web site
"Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." - Samantha Carter

FlippinFlapJack
11.29.2012 , 11:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SciFiGeekette View Post
Umm, isn't that why you can buy back stuff you sold to the vendor?
Very true, I have accidentally sold something and was able to buy it back 15 minutes later.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Kahotep
11.29.2012 , 11:23 AM | #19
Not being able to vendor this stuff is a stupid move on BW's part. Like many people I nor have a cargo hold full of useless crap and, as a result, I won't be buying any more cartel packs. If I could actually vendor the stuff I don't want, I would happily keep buying them.

To add insult to injury, the stuff you cannot sell actually has a value quoted in the tooltip. Stupid.

jedimessiah
11.29.2012 , 12:19 PM | #20
We were joking in TS the other night that this was their way of getting us to buy more inventory slots