Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jpaludan
11.28.2012 , 04:03 AM | #841
Quote: Originally Posted by L_Starbreeze View Post
My problem was resolved this morning, I put in another ticket and later received an email saying I needed to call the customer service directly. On my second call (first guy hung up because he stated he couldn't hear me even though we had been talking for a few minutes) anyways they had to manually enter in my information and once complete I am able to have my subscription through my credit card and was able to buy cartel coins. The support representative from Western Ireland that I spoke with at 0630 PST was very friendly and helpful.

/H5!!! to all the "good" customer service reps out there, I understand your job is rough, I am in a similar job, but that is the nature of it though, but want to say thanks to those who understand and can perform there job excellently like the man I spoke with today.

I want to say same. No matter what the problem is - even if it is in their system - you have to call CS and go through menu to account and billing. Your problem will be solved very quickly. It is not something that can be fixed through email due to security
I just did it through the free number on VoIP - Google voice (same as skype) - and as I pressed the last digit to be put through to an agent I was preparing myself for that music they play...instead I got a nice lady on the phone immediately. Very surprised about that I almost didnt know what to say, but I got started and she gave me a reference number to the call and wanted to put me through to someone who could help me. However, somehow I got disconnected, called back, gave them the reference number and got a very helpful guy on the phone. He added my credit card details, I made a purchase while he was on the line, checked to see if it has gone through...problem solved.

You can sit here waiting in anger and frustrations like I did at the end, but if you want it solved - call them.

Kyanzes
11.28.2012 , 04:09 AM | #842
This is the biggest joke ever told. This game is truly F2P. You are prohibited from actually paying.

Good grief. Fk, can't freaking buy coins for a week. What a laugh this is.

Stansman
11.28.2012 , 04:21 AM | #843
Quote: Originally Posted by jpaludan View Post
I want to say same. No matter what the problem is - even if it is in their system - you have to call CS and go through menu to account and billing. Your problem will be solved very quickly. It is not something that can be fixed through email due to security
I just did it through the free number on VoIP - Google voice (same as skype) - and as I pressed the last digit to be put through to an agent I was preparing myself for that music they play...instead I got a nice lady on the phone immediately. Very surprised about that I almost didnt know what to say, but I got started and she gave me a reference number to the call and wanted to put me through to someone who could help me. However, somehow I got disconnected, called back, gave them the reference number and got a very helpful guy on the phone. He added my credit card details, I made a purchase while he was on the line, checked to see if it has gone through...problem solved.

You can sit here waiting in anger and frustrations like I did at the end, but if you want it solved - call them.
I'm glad you guys sorted it out but for me I want it solved without having to make an overseas call, download some programme I'd never otherwise use etc. They already have my credit card details and the system worked fine for the first couple of days.. that should be enough.

jpaludan
11.28.2012 , 04:41 AM | #844
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
I'm glad you guys sorted it out but for me I want it solved without having to make an overseas call, download some programme I'd never otherwise use etc. They already have my credit card details and the system worked fine for the first couple of days.. that should be enough.
yeah well..It should be - but apparantly it isnt. So make a choice...either sit around waiting for it to be fixed or do something. And the programme you have to use doesnt take much of your computers space or ressources - if you have a google account you can get google voice. Its kind of an addon. If not, skype is free to download too and is known by most people.
If you are having thoughts about speaking to them they are very understandable and nice to talk to and if they went to fast for me or got unclear they dont mind slowing down a bit or repeat.
They had my card details too but obviously something went wrong after the few days we were able to buy coins.

jpaludan
11.28.2012 , 04:43 AM | #845
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post
This is the biggest joke ever told. This game is truly F2P. You are prohibited from actually paying.

Good grief. Fk, can't freaking buy coins for a week. What a laugh this is.
I felt the same way...cancelled my subscription and now I buy game time card on origin.com instead - which I found out to be even cheaper for me. Im still a subscriber that way and I even get more coins that with recurring sub.

Kyanzes
11.28.2012 , 05:01 AM | #846
Still getting the "General error" when I press purchase. Since I haven't bought coins for a week it cannot be a limit issue.

Also, obviously, if it happened due to a limit then I won't get a general error (which encourages me to retry again and again) but some message that "Hey, you can't buy more coins cause we have decided for you that you can't." In which case I won't try to buy coins 20 times every freaking day.

Stansman
11.28.2012 , 05:36 AM | #847
If it was just me and one or two others I'd (reluctantly) consider calling them but its obviously affecting a large number of people..do all of us have to call them?

Marunette
11.28.2012 , 06:48 AM | #848
The amount of time it takes to install a "programme you'd never otherwise use" is SMALL compared to the agonizing complaining and waiting you'll have to do if you don't contact them as you are asked to in cases of billing and account issues. It's not enough that your card worked fine and now doesn't work and someone should put two and two together to get four, magically waving a wand and fixing it. You have to be more active than that.

Of course, your choice. If you really don't want to see anything happening, by all means, don't call.
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

Marunette
11.28.2012 , 06:51 AM | #849
If it was just me and one or two others I'd (reluctantly) consider calling them but its obviously affecting a large number of people..do all of us have to call them?
Because of the nature of the issue, I think yes. Give it a try, really. The people on the other end are pleasant and do try their best, that I can say.
Sith Lady of the Sneers.
Cross the streams at your own risk.

Stansman
11.28.2012 , 07:14 AM | #850
Quote: Originally Posted by Marunette View Post
Because of the nature of the issue, I think yes. Give it a try, really. The people on the other end are pleasant and do try their best, that I can say.
Well they said their working on it so I'll wait and see what happens, I can manage without any extra Cartel coins for now, If its still not working when my account comes close to renewal then I will call them.