Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

Clogski
11.19.2012 , 12:51 PM | #11
I am actually curious to why 5v5 was chosen. 5s, in my experience, have always been the most imbalanced bracket. The winner pretty much goes to who gets the first kill especially if you guys plan on rolling 5 faceroll dps. 2s can go on forever, never a good option. 3s have always been my favorite arena bracket because they are the best balanced bracket.

But anyway, thanks for hosting this. I am looking forward to possibly entering this myself.
☆:*`*:.MagdalenaFaerieElandriaTamami.:*`*:.☆
...`. <Guerrilla Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Apex> .`...
Sorry my heals missed. =x

Ronaya
11.19.2012 , 02:45 PM | #12
I think all the "brackets" have their pros and cons. I'm pretty sure everyone noticed that successful comps for the 3v3 was very limited. With a 5v5 it will allow for more variety of classes. I'm excited about it and I'm hoping to bring a team.

TheSkate
11.19.2012 , 04:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikiyc View Post
I get the feeling there's a story here that I missed. I hope it's not just QQ. :s
Not just QQ. Game Genie spent at least several hours of the first day trying to keep anyone else from getting the HK-51 part from the vendor in outlaws den They wouldn't let people from either side get to the vendor. After 3 hours I just gave up.
BUT... their griefing the other night does not mean that they will not honor a verbal contract made with and/or in front of the servers top guilds.
They have hosted PvP tournaments before and honored all agreements as far as I know, and they will do so again in the future.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Laynalan
11.19.2012 , 08:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
? tho... Layn, who are you in game? Just so we all have a point of contact. I spend far too much time looking at my teams Health Bars, lol.
Laynalan is my toons name. I'm usually on a little later in the evening if anyone has questions.

Laynalan
11.19.2012 , 08:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Clogski View Post
I am actually curious to why 5v5 was chosen. 5s, in my experience, have always been the most imbalanced bracket. The winner pretty much goes to who gets the first kill especially if you guys plan on rolling 5 faceroll dps. 2s can go on forever, never a good option. 3s have always been my favorite arena bracket because they are the best balanced bracket.

But anyway, thanks for hosting this. I am looking forward to possibly entering this myself.
5's were chosen because it offers more flexibility of team composition , they also require a good knowledge of game mechanics and adaptability. Plus 5's are fun to play and more exciting to watch.

Hope to hear from teams soon! I will post team rosters here as soon as people tell me who is going.

random_kick
11.19.2012 , 09:17 PM | #16
The Azure Blades plan on participating.
Hibar - Focus Spec Guardian
<The Azure Blades>
Komad - Heal Spec Scoundrel

AlanShore
11.28.2012 , 02:31 AM | #17
I'm bumping this so Game Genie can see how no teams want to participate in their tournament. You brought this on yourselves Game Genie!
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild

kloma
11.28.2012 , 04:00 AM | #18
ill come if i can get a team together

TheronFett
11.28.2012 , 08:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by alanshore View Post
i'm bumping this so game genie can see how no teams want to participate in their tournament. You brought this on yourselves game genie!
qft ^

Aikiyc
11.28.2012 , 10:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanShore View Post
I'm bumping this so Game Genie can see how no teams want to participate in their tournament. You brought this on yourselves Game Genie!
Takes two to tango. Game Genie plays well, and other people QQ and ***** about it. The QQers are the ones making such a big deal about GG, not the GG players. >.>
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.