Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future detail in class stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Future detail in class stories

Jandi
11.27.2012 , 03:39 PM | #11
And I'm just trying to be MORE realistic than you in my own opinion. It's just that because, obviously, I couldn't possibly know and my views are muddied by all the broken promises of the Development team.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Kendaric
11.27.2012 , 03:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I mean, look at Black Hole and Section X. They didn't even bother voicing the quests! Just a damn mission terminal except for the "main" quest. So much for "fully voiced MMO!". Expect to see more mission terminals than actual conversations in Makeb.
Having terminals for the daily stuff is perfectly fine, there's absolutely no reason to waste resources on them. As long as planetary story missions and class stories remain voiced and cinematic I'm perfectly fine.
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Darth-Raziel
11.27.2012 , 05:00 PM | #13
My hope is that we'll still see class stories in the future. Maybe not in updates but full fledged expansions. Given that it is costly, I can see them reducing the amount of quests per class. Which is fine as long as the quality of storytelling remains good. I'm really anxious to hear how F2P affects Bioware's bottom line. Given the amount of people buying oodles of Cartel packs, it sounds like the future is good. But I'd still like to see some numbers. Really want to continue my Sith Warrior's storyline, it was probably the best storyline that I've completed so far. So here's hoping!

Korusus
11.27.2012 , 09:21 PM | #14
I'm a realist and a cynic. "Avengers style" is code for "no more class stories".

In positive news for the OP, the guy who wrote most of the Jedi Knight story is now the lead writer.

Pernicia
11.27.2012 , 11:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
And I'm just trying to be MORE realistic than you in my own opinion. It's just that because, obviously, I couldn't possibly know and my views are muddied by all the broken promises of the Development team.
If, as you seem to think, Makeb is nothing more than a large scale version of Black Hole and Section X, this game is doomed. I hope the folks at EA/BW are smart enough to realize this.
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger