Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Um, ya Bioware you 'll have to do better on Cartel armors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Um, ya Bioware you 'll have to do better on Cartel armors

United_Strafes
11.27.2012 , 09:34 PM | #1
Yay, big fun it was getting those re-colored armors, now you're gonna start working on the real armors you want ppl to spend thier money on right?

TheSeventhJedi
11.27.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2
What's more, I have no use for just a chest piece. Sell me the whole set!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Andryah
11.27.2012 , 09:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Yay, big fun it was getting those re-colored armors, now you're gonna start working on the real armors you want ppl to spend thier money on right?
You are overlooking the fact that they are adaptive AND can be used by both factions WITHOUT the graphics changing. Creative people are doing quite well with this additional freedom of wardrobe choices.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
11.27.2012 , 09:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
What's more, I have no use for just a chest piece. Sell me the whole set!
In point of fact.. you can mix other pieces of gear freely with the chest piece to come up with unique looks. No reason to be boxed in by using a full set pre-configured for you by Bioware.

The chest piece is the key part of a gear set from a looks standpoint, in all but a few cases.

Experiment, be more imaginative IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

United_Strafes
11.27.2012 , 09:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You are overlooking the fact that they are adaptive AND can be used by both factions WITHOUT the graphics changing. Creative people are doing quite well with this additional freedom of wardrobe choices.
Right so silly of me! So by not actually creating anything they were being creative!

YoshiRaphElan
11.27.2012 , 09:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This, definitely this. Why not gear Mako in Mandalorian armor?

Blue_Leader
11.27.2012 , 10:51 PM | #7
I would definitely like to see something more unique in the Cartel, that's for sure, and preferably something attractive. Most of the armor I see is rather ugly and I can't see my characters wearing any of it. Yuck.

What's a guy got to do to get some Jedi clothing with a robe and an armor chestplate that is all in shades of blue (or blue and white/silver would be even better)?
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)

Draekos
11.27.2012 , 10:57 PM | #8
Yea I was dissapointed to see recolors of items I can already craft. The no class restrictions and being adaptive is nice, but it was of no interest to me(plenty of event and social gear already). Totally new armor skins would be great(do any of these artists still work at BW?) as everything lately is just a recoloring of existing gear.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Ardim
11.27.2012 , 10:59 PM | #9
No kidding.

I refuse to buy cosmetics on the store until they have something that is unique (Re-colored stuff is so unoriginal -_-) and looks good. So far, the only thing that even comes close to this is the Outlaw's outfit.

I would've bought the Dire Eliminator chest... If it was hood up. Seriously BW, what's your problem? How hard is it to give Marauders a hood-up robe? I don't count the Xenotech Weaponmaster Robe because of how hard it is to get a group for KP SM and LI SM, and since the chances of it dropping are low.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

wrmrstacrdwower
11.27.2012 , 11:07 PM | #10
I'm sure they are trying figure out more Ui features that they can inform you that you aren't a subscriber to SWTOR with.

So no proper armor sets for you.