Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dread Guard Relic BiS?


BreakingNews's Avatar


BreakingNews
11.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #111
I'm currently conflicted between 3 relics too chose from to use in conjunction with my DG relic of boundless ages. Currently, I'm stuck between my matrix cube, WH relic of boundless ages, or the DG kinetic relic. Has anybody parsed between all 3 of these relics?
FASCINATE "KEVIN" RAMEN

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
11.27.2012 , 04:53 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by BreakingNews View Post
I'm currently conflicted between 3 relics too chose from to use in conjunction with my DG relic of boundless ages. Currently, I'm stuck between my matrix cube, WH relic of boundless ages, or the DG kinetic relic. Has anybody parsed between all 3 of these relics?
The Matrix cube isn't even close to BiS. Other than that I don't know.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

theblaznee's Avatar


theblaznee
11.27.2012 , 06:02 PM | #113
With all this talk about BiS For shadow/sin tanks, what would be BiS for VG/PT tanks?

I'm thinking Shield/absorb proc DG relic with a static shield/absorb pvp relic in the other slot.. Or?
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.28.2012 , 08:33 AM | #114
It's looking like there is a correlation between damage type and the crit rating the relic uses. Kinetic/internal using tech crit and elemental/energy using force crit, I can't say it's true for sure but I wanted to bring it up at least.

See page 3 of this thread in the commando forums:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=556288&page=3

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.28.2012 , 08:57 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
With all this talk about BiS For shadow/sin tanks, what would be BiS for VG/PT tanks?

I'm thinking Shield/absorb proc DG relic with a static shield/absorb pvp relic in the other slot.. Or?
Why the proc relic (which only buffs absorb, not shield) and not the triggerable shield/absorb pve relic?

I'm thinking PvP Defense relic and triggerable PvE Defense relic for my Guardian.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
11.28.2012 , 10:08 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
With all this talk about BiS For shadow/sin tanks, what would be BiS for VG/PT tanks?

I'm thinking Shield/absorb proc DG relic with a static shield/absorb pvp relic in the other slot.. Or?
I don't have an up to date spreadsheet for VG/PT. My guess would be the WH defense relic and the proc absorb. The proc absorb relic was always better for VG/PT than it was for shadows. Don't use the activated tanking relics; they're quite bad unless you're tanking a boss with infrequent m/r burst phases.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Bugattiboy's Avatar


Bugattiboy
11.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #117
So it looks like, from I'm seeing in this thread, that for a Watchman Sentinel that can run EC NiM and TFB HM that the BiS relics are:

1. Dread Guard Internal/Elemental Proc Relic
2. Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

Is this correct? And I'm currently running a internal proc relic and my matrix cube. What relics should I be using for progression ops.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
11.28.2012 , 11:45 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Don't use the activated tanking relics; they're quite bad unless you're tanking a boss with infrequent m/r burst phases.
Considering most of the bosses in the current tier of content do just that (either by having you swap aggro on a single major target between the 2 tanks or by swapping between 2 bosses that specialize in different types of damage dealt), I'd have to wonder why you think they're "bad" when they're actually a better to way to leverage increased survivability when you need it rather than having it up at all times, including those when it's not even useful, which amount to 40-50% of the time on the said bosses.

I've always found that I get better performance out of the tanking use relics than I do out of the passive relics on all 3 of my tanks, but I actually *use* them. If you're having a problem with any of the use relics, it's not a problem with the relic itself but the player's reticence to actually use said relic. It's like complaining that a survivability CD isn't strong enough because you don't use it often enough.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.28.2012 , 12:04 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
So it looks like, from I'm seeing in this thread, that for a Watchman Sentinel that can run EC NiM and TFB HM that the BiS relics are:

1. Dread Guard Internal/Elemental Proc Relic
2. Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

Is this correct? And I'm currently running a internal proc relic and my matrix cube. What relics should I be using for progression ops.
See my post above about crit rating, it appears like elemental is for force users and internal is for tech. I'm not 100% sure, but you should take it into consideration before getting one relic over another.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.28.2012 , 02:53 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Considering most of the bosses in the current tier of content do just that (either by having you swap aggro on a single major target between the 2 tanks or by swapping between 2 bosses that specialize in different types of damage dealt), I'd have to wonder why you think they're "bad" when they're actually a better to way to leverage increased survivability when you need it rather than having it up at all times, including those when it's not even useful, which amount to 40-50% of the time on the said bosses.

I've always found that I get better performance out of the tanking use relics than I do out of the passive relics on all 3 of my tanks, but I actually *use* them. If you're having a problem with any of the use relics, it's not a problem with the relic itself but the player's reticence to actually use said relic. It's like complaining that a survivability CD isn't strong enough because you don't use it often enough.
Only 2 paragraphs? Kitru, are you feeling okay!?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.