Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

game won't start

11.27.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1
I recently bought the disks of the game. I installed it no problem, created an account, and then all ready to play....
i open the launcher, it opens a box that says it need my permission to open, i click OK and then nothing happens.
It does not load or start up. do i need to set something in my computer? or do i need to down load a patch. I see where all of the descriptions of the patches are but no place to actually download them.

any help you can offer would be great.

11.27.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2
The original (year ago) game disks did have a problem with the launcher, iirc. At the time, they advised using just the pure download method.

If you're "hanging" .. I always feel you're being asked again for permission but it's behind the game window you see. You can try alt-tabbing out, or just as you launch the game, alt-tab out and sometimes you'll see the popup then. The binary that runs the game isn't the same binary as the launcher, so both need proper permissions, and I think I eventually just turned all the Windows permission nonsense completely off, but don't remember.

If you continue to struggle, definitely call tech support ... hopefully they'll be able to walk you through it easy enough.

11.27.2012 , 10:38 AM | #3
what you can do is:
-download the latest install:
-execute it, and choose the custom install where you get to pick the directory where you want to install the game. When prompted, choose the existing folder where you already installed the game.
-the new setup will install the latest version of the launcher and keep the existing assets
-then it will start the latest version of the launcher, so it will update anything that needs to be updated.

See if it solves your issue (else you can ask the customer support)

11.27.2012 , 05:28 PM | #4
Is your launcher.exe and Swtor.exe set of programs set to run as administrator?

If not they need to.

Also, are both those programs set up in your Anti-virus and firewall as exceptions?

they need to be.