Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.24.2012 , 07:19 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There is no tone until someone starts using exactly that to me, if MasterMe can understand that why can't you?

Honestly this is turning into blatant harassment, I have attempted to end this 'conversation' four times now, each time you have simply returned and gone on and on about 'tone', if you don't like me, don't read my posts, capiche?
She does have a point.

Although I disagree with much of what she's said, she has honestly tried to end this for a while. So let's quit it.... for now.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.24.2012 , 07:22 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Could I just say something about this whole "where should Revan be canonically" thing. Many complain how Revan doesn't get into the Top 10. In a comparitive sense, there are quite a few people who are more powerful than Revan. So Revan really wouldn't make it into the Top 10. But here's a question: WHO CARES? Ideally, Revan would make it into the Top 20. THAT is good, no, that is great. Out of the thousands of Force users across time, for Revan to place into the Top 20 is excellent. So he doesn't make it into the Top 10, it doesn't matter. He's still powerful in his own right, and makes a play for the Top 20.
I could totally agree with this. Top 20 is still powerful.

I forget; is this list excluding movie characters?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I could totally agree with this. Top 20 is still powerful.

I forget; is this list excluding movie characters?
Yes. The list still excludes movie characters. Now if I were to place Revan on the list with movie characters, he would make a strong candidate for the number 18 spot, but would most likely sit at 19 or 20. Which is good.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.24.2012 , 11:19 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yes. The list still excludes movie characters. Now if I were to place Revan on the list with movie characters, he would make a strong candidate for the number 18 spot, but would most likely sit at 19 or 20. Which is good.
Alright. That's cool. I'm glad we can generally agree on that.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.26.2012 , 03:18 PM | #225
I'm Sorry. This has gotten beyond a joke, ive re read this thread quite a lot now and I have to chime in...

You keep referring to Rayla as no better than a Revan Fanboy/girl, but there are massive differences between her and the revan fanboys.
She backs up her arguments with actual canon, not the bull **** "Mastered Light and Dark" like the revan lovers, she uses facts that aren't even debatable, and i think thats why you dislike her. Most of the things she has said in this thread have been correct, canon arguments. While she may be an Exile fangirl (And trust me, she is) it doesnt make her arguments any less valid.
The fact that even after she said shed asked 4 times for you to stop this conversation, you STILL had to have the last word, shows how truely hypocritical you are.

Just my two cents.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 03:31 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I'm Sorry. This has gotten beyond a joke, ive re read this thread quite a lot now and I have to chime in...

You keep referring to Rayla as no better than a Revan Fanboy/girl, but there are massive differences between her and the revan fanboys.
She backs up her arguments with actual canon, not the bull **** "Mastered Light and Dark" like the revan lovers, she uses facts that aren't even debatable, and i think thats why you dislike her. Most of the things she has said in this thread have been correct, canon arguments. While she may be an Exile fangirl (And trust me, she is) it doesnt make her arguments any less valid.
The fact that even after she said shed asked 4 times for you to stop this conversation, you STILL had to have the last word, shows how truely hypocritical you are.

Just my two cents.
Wow, you arrived a little late to the party.

I am a "Revan lover", but what you said does not represent me. I've never said this bull about Revan "mastering both light and dark."

As for you thinking that everything she says is canon, I've already made my argument against that, and I won't go into it again because, like you said, Rayla asked Mefit to quit it several times.

I notice your post seems aimed at Mefit. If so, then please list his name instead of listing all "revan lovers."

Overall, your reply really tempts me to get back into this argument, but I will refrain statrting this argument back up again. If you had read this entire thing you would have noticed that we'd ended our debate a while ago.

BUT if you really want to start this up again, then I'll gladly defend my statements concerning Rayla's Revan argument status. Also: I never said I "disliked" her. I simply strongly disagree with her on this single subject.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.27.2012 , 03:46 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Wow, you arrived a little late to the party.

I am a "Revan lover", but what you said does not represent me. I've never said this bull about Revan "mastering both light and dark."

As for you thinking that everything she says is canon, I've already made my argument against that, and I won't go into it again because, like you said, Rayla asked Mefit to quit it several times.

I notice your post seems aimed at Mefit. If so, then please list his name instead of listing all "revan lovers."

Overall, your reply really tempts me to get back into this argument, but I will refrain statrting this argument back up again. If you had read this entire thing you would have noticed that we'd ended our debate a while ago.

BUT if you really want to start this up again, then I'll gladly defend my statements concerning Rayla's Revan argument status. Also: I never said I "disliked" her. I simply strongly disagree with her on this single subject.
Don't we all like to arrive fashionably late from time to time
Yeh I posted on this thread a while ago, wanted to see how it wold go....

Apologies if it looked like my threat was aimed t anyone other than Mefit, because it was aimed at him.... I have read through the whole thing, and I admit, when I read your arguments I was quite impressed
But I think I'll stick with my views.... This revan topic can be and is going to be flamed for eternity by anyone who is intelligent enough to log into the Website and stupid enough to think they know ever thing about him because they played KoTOR, my comment was aimed at them, and the others who think it wise to Argue with Rayla/Aubere across every thread simply because it's them...
Like a certain someone on this thread has done on the past 3 story and lore thread I've looked at....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.27.2012 , 05:16 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Don't we all like to arrive fashionably late from time to time
Yeh I posted on this thread a while ago, wanted to see how it wold go....

Apologies if it looked like my threat was aimed t anyone other than Mefit, because it was aimed at him.... I have read through the whole thing, and I admit, when I read your arguments I was quite impressed
But I think I'll stick with my views.... This revan topic can be and is going to be flamed for eternity by anyone who is intelligent enough to log into the Website and stupid enough to think they know ever thing about him because they played KoTOR, my comment was aimed at them, and the others who think it wise to Argue with Rayla/Aubere across every thread simply because it's them...
Like a certain someone on this thread has done on the past 3 story and lore thread I've looked at....
I understand. It's all cool. And I agree with you about Mefit. While he's made some good points, he's been pretty (at times) rude about it.

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.27.2012 , 06:35 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
and the others who think it wise to Argue with Rayla/Aubere across every thread simply because it's them...
That's a bit ironic don't ya think?
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.27.2012 , 11:33 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Don't we all like to arrive fashionably late from time to time
Yeh I posted on this thread a while ago, wanted to see how it wold go....

Apologies if it looked like my threat was aimed t anyone other than Mefit, because it was aimed at him.... I have read through the whole thing, and I admit, when I read your arguments I was quite impressed
But I think I'll stick with my views.... This revan topic can be and is going to be flamed for eternity by anyone who is intelligent enough to log into the Website and stupid enough to think they know ever thing about him because they played KoTOR, my comment was aimed at them, and the others who think it wise to Argue with Rayla/Aubere across every thread simply because it's them...
Like a certain someone on this thread has done on the past 3 story and lore thread I've looked at....
Wow Selenial , beem a bit since last time you have your guns ablazing at me . How you been ?
I don't think of you post that you made clear was about me as a threat , but go on

I played KotoR II also don't forget that . Have the Revan Novel amongst many other Novels and Comic as well .

I didn't know I had to just ignore their views and most often Biased Opinions and claims of canon when we all know Revan's Canons being their are very simple to remember being the lack of indeph story .

While Aurbere and Rayle............well most definitly Rayle might not see it , there is times I agree with them on many things .
Heck Rayle did a awesome Mace/Jackson Pulpfiction thread earlier this year that I still to this day think is probably the funniest thing on this very site.
Aurbere , I usually agree with on all things none Revan..........period

Maybe you missed my post , I get just as heated as they do and even yourself .
So please , go on , threaten me or whatever you call it .
Lastly I did not know because I do not agree to their views and opinions or sometimes use of Canon , that I had to move along like a Good Lilboy . I thought being a Member of SWTOR Community , and a Paying Customer loyal to the Sub and a avid StarWars Fan,...............well I also like alot other things outside of StarWars ..............I like StarTrek too , That I had the very same rights as yourself and everyone else on these forums.

Problem is , I would rather STICK TO MY GUNS on my views as you would yours and Aurbere his, and Rayle hers.
Them and yourself , well mainly not Aurbere ............but you , BrandonMS , Rayle ..............etc can be found on every Thread about on Revan , contesting every Post and calling people out on their either BS or Opinions or Canons they set forth .
You have that right , as I do too .
I never said Revan Mastered Light and Dark , and I do not believe that . I been called a Revan Fanboy, because I defend often people who like him . Revan is one of my top ten but hes at the bottom with my equal like of Meetra .


Nice to see you again Selenial
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self