Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestions for a possible Focus/Rage nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Suggestions for a possible Focus/Rage nerf

DarthOvertone
11.27.2012 , 02:37 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
/facepalm

Maranab survivability is the biggest problem.
/doublefacepalm

You do realize that Maras make up a small portion of the Smash population? It's mostly Jugg/Guards Smashing because that is the only real viable DPS spec they have in PvP (at least that's what they tell me).

Your AC hatred has blinded you to the truth. 10 Hail Yodas and 3 weeks of Jedi penance for you.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Altheran
11.27.2012 , 02:50 PM | #52
Personally I'm fine with Sweep/Smash's auto crit.

The only thing that I think should be changed, it the Singularity/Shockwave effect increasing Sweep/Shock. I mean, a talent that changes an AoE into a skill that is freaking good although it would hit only one person ? Seriously... It's as if my Sniper would have his Fragmentation Grenade hitting as hard as Ambush, or if my Shadow would have Whirling Blow hitting as hard as Shadow Strike. When an AoE becomes one of the biggest single-hits, not only of the class/build but also of the entire game, it becomes incredibely retarded.

My idea would be that instead of increasing Sweep/Smash, it would increase Blade Storm/Force Scream. Obvioulsy the way it increases it would be changed, because it would be redundant with Combat/Carnage spec.
The way I imagine it, Singularity/Shockwave would grant chances to Blade Storm/Force Scream to hit twice. I'd add that if the second hit hits as hard as the first (unlike the second rock of Consular's Upheaval), in no way the change would be a nerf to the spec (at least, single-targetting wise). It wouldn't be a nerf because Blade Storm/Force Scream, is already a skill with better base damage than Sweep/Smash, and so a double hit is as good as doubling the raw power, meaning that the target will suffer as good damage as if it was old Sweep/Smash if not better. But the AoE massacre would slow down since Sweep/Smash would only be affected by auto-crit.

Alizaro
11.27.2012 , 04:43 PM | #53
There was a guy running animation hacks many months ago, he jumped close to the mid ledge in huttball at an angle and unloaded a smash mid air, just bumping the nub to hit me knocked down to unload the damage. At the time this wasn't possible, animation took a while to go off.

So they implement it now? People used to whine about smash many months back and were told to l2p because it was avoidable. Now, without a run there's no way you can avoid it with obliterate speeds and near insta cast.

Stopped playing my jug around 1.2 when they nerfed the timer on how often it could go off fully charged. They gutted the fully optimized bm gear removing expertise from all but armoring on me prior to that.

The reason for the storytelling here is I was happy Juggs were getting a little love but they gave too much love to the rage tree, nerfed their mid tree for some stupid reason further making rage the tree of choice for pvp for jugs.

This is not to mention, never addressing the fact marauders weren't supposed to gain the 10% bnft by stealing jug mods and they just ignored that and even more recently nerf the survivability to annihilation pushing even more marauders to the rage tree. Btw, Yes I have a vindicator set on my marauder.

Devs are either completely ignorant to the foolishness of their choices or they don't care about pvp and it blows.

When wh is given away, we'll have a server full of shirtless axe wielding smashers frapsing their smash collages

/end rant
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

NoTomorrow
11.27.2012 , 06:33 PM | #54
Some ideas to consider:
1. Tier 1 force crit chance talent, why everyone got a nerf to 1/2/3 while thus is still 2/4/6, why????
2. Remove force cloak all together. This thing should have never been given to marauders in the first place. If they mess up, they need to pay for their mistakes.
3. smash auto crit should be tied with a different ability but in no way with basic force leap. It can stay on obliterate though.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

PowerReaper
11.27.2012 , 06:39 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Some ideas to consider:
1. Tier 1 force crit chance talent, why everyone got a nerf to 1/2/3 while thus is still 2/4/6, why????
2. Remove force cloak all together. This thing should have never been given to marauders in the first place. If they mess up, they need to pay for their mistakes.
3. smash auto crit should be tied with a different ability but in no way with basic force leap. It can stay on obliterate though.
I hate it when people call nerf's to our class and can't even get the facts RIGHT. Its Force Camouflage not Force Cloak, sigh -.-
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel

toyfanatic
11.27.2012 , 07:25 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
No auto critical? that would destroy the spec since most of the specs damage comes from Sweep/Smash. I wish people would actually play the spec before the decide what changes it should get. Least there is no more Nerf Marauder/Sentinel threads.
I just read a thread about tankasins being OP. The tread writer plays a smasher and thought it was unfair that my class could stealth and backstab as a stealth class. That the great utility should be scaled back. The other thread replies commented to learn the class mechanics befor calling OP. I agree with your statement on being aware how the class functions before demanding a swing with the nerf bat. But also agree with the compainers- that spec is OP and needs to be toned down, I do not have a clue how to make the nerf viable. Sages git nerfed once and a new one may be comming. Shadow got a major nerf-so bad that the remaining shadow tanks are becoming a rarety. Sentinal has been buffed twice. Its your turn at the plate. How will they swing the nerf bat at you? The massive damage that is inflicted in a loladerpsmash is way to great to be considered a balanced AoE.