Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

DarkhorseForLife
11.27.2012 , 11:25 AM | #31
There is a large debate in our guild what was better, moving early to prevent catastrophe or being shot off the tank for added DPS. I opted for the latter and was able to take 0 ticks each time, but some others opted to leave early each time.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Donalj
11.27.2012 , 11:28 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhorseForLife View Post
There is a large debate in our guild what was better, moving early to prevent catastrophe or being shot off the tank for added DPS. I opted for the latter and was able to take 0 ticks each time, but some others opted to leave early each time.
With the buggy tree at the back I always walked off and still managed to top the DPS in the group. Although I could have done more if I stayed I still didn't think it was worth the risk of bugging out or dying.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

arkitip
11.27.2012 , 12:22 PM | #33
For anyone trying the DPS taunt off for incinerate method, I found that setting SC as a focus target and taunting immediately after the DD cast was the best timing. You'll always get incinerate and 9/10 times you won't take a hit from FB itself.

1 thing that hasn't been mentioned about this fight is how cost prohibitive it is. This fight is flat out expensive. I didn't watch any other videos of it so I can't speak for MoX or FF, but I know that in Chosen adrenals were absolutely necessary to meet the DPS requirements of the fight. The enrage timer is just long enough to be able to fit 3 in (cause yeah, you're gonna hit enrage). Even if you have guild biochems cranking them out the cost in mats will still be enormous.

Saiyanbob
11.27.2012 , 12:37 PM | #34
The spire/yellow beam kiters relly do need to be healers. DPS give up way too much dmg doing it. Also .. they are 100 percent avoidable. The only other thing I can tell you as everyone does things a little different is that the majority of healing is on storm caller side. It takes 2.5 healers on storm and 1.5 on fire. This means that one of the fire healers has to be healing both sides. As far as the shields go if your people line up te shot properly they will take trivial dmg from the knock back. The instagibs you are experiencing is from not landing in the shield and getting hit with the first volley. All CC works on the shield phase I recommend stuns like the lightning sorc shield explode or flash bang. Also as a tip keep in mind storm side will always have a middle shield. This means you can send one group always to it and the other group can float between front and back.

Donalj
11.27.2012 , 01:01 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiyanbob View Post
The spire/yellow beam kiters relly do need to be healers. DPS give up way too much dmg doing it. Also .. they are 100 percent avoidable. The only other thing I can tell you as everyone does things a little different is that the majority of healing is on storm caller side. It takes 2.5 healers on storm and 1.5 on fire. This means that one of the fire healers has to be healing both sides. As far as the shields go if your people line up te shot properly they will take trivial dmg from the knock back. The instagibs you are experiencing is from not landing in the shield and getting hit with the first volley. All CC works on the shield phase I recommend stuns like the lightning sorc shield explode or flash bang. Also as a tip keep in mind storm side will always have a middle shield. This means you can send one group always to it and the other group can float between front and back.
We had a sage DPS as one of the runners and his DPS was fine (hovering around 1700).
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Saiyanbob
11.27.2012 , 01:15 PM | #36
Madness/Balance I sage I assume. Yeah its possible if they are really good. We simply had an Op healer and myself on my merc healer doing it and it worked sooo much better with the comp we had available. It came down to either I do it on my merc healer or I do it on my Lightning sorc (I like underdogs dont hate on my lightning dps) Obviously with those options it was easier to do the merc healer.

Donalj
11.27.2012 , 01:19 PM | #37
Madness/Balance I sage I assume. Yeah its possible if they are really good. We simply had an Op healer and myself on my merc healer doing it and it worked sooo much better with the comp we had available. It came down to either I do it on my merc healer or I do it on my Lightning sorc (I like underdogs dont hate on my lightning dps) Obviously with those options it was easier to do the merc healer.
Our sage that ran is probably the best hybrid balance sage in the world atm (does a lot of theorycrafting and is pretty well known by sages) and having him run was probably a big DPS loss but it worked well for us and it died so while not the most efficient, it is still perfectly viable.
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Saiyanbob
11.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #38
Yeah I did the hybrid thing and pumped out the dmg but then decided it was too boring and went pure lightning. Plus .. I cant call myself and underdog if I dont play the underdog specs : P
<Fate of the Unwanted>
Tücker the Lightning Sorceror

Donalj
11.27.2012 , 03:01 PM | #39
Yeah I did the hybrid thing and pumped out the dmg but then decided it was too boring and went pure lightning. Plus .. I cant call myself and underdog if I dont play the underdog specs : P
Hybrid is far better than lightning on most fights. Lightning only works well with no movement (not a lot of fights).
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Nibbon
11.27.2012 , 03:25 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
We had a sage DPS as one of the runners and his DPS was fine (hovering around 1700).
I can vouch that 1700+ DPS is easily achievable while kiting tanks on this fight. While it varied for me at times, being in an inspiration group and NOT using adrenals, I still pulled off 1700-1750 multiple times. I admit I had some bad runs where I'd dip to 1500 or so - it all depends on how well I am cycling my dots between the two tanks. I am full Balance for this fight and am now very familiar with FF's Sage's hybrid build ;p Obviously that extra dot lets me do a little extra DPS.

We haven't killed in 16 man yet like you guys, but thought it was worth throwing out there for discussion purposes.