Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hoe 'worth it' are the legacy abilities?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Hoe 'worth it' are the legacy abilities?

ScarletBlaze
11.26.2012 , 03:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
There are a few that require doing a quest. I recall smugglers have at least one. Bear that in mind since you get no xp from doing low level quests.
I believe each class has one. From what I've seen it is usually your first companion that you have quests to do with them. Though honestly I wouldn't mind doing companion quests with the rest of them.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

happysister
11.26.2012 , 06:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I believe each class has one. From what I've seen it is usually your first companion that you have quests to do with them. Though honestly I wouldn't mind doing companion quests with the rest of them.
i think it depends, cause with the JK, it's Kira, not T7, that gives you the quests.

i would highly suggest unlocking the legacy speeder skills on your alts. being able to use a speeder at level 10 makes the first few planets sooo much easier. i would also unlock at least one level of the field repair droid as that comes in really handy at times. i second the rocket boots unlock. really helpful.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

Cleet_Xia
11.27.2012 , 03:47 AM | #13
The legacy unlock for boosting companion affection from gifts is well worth the money to buy ~ before you start giving them gifts. It more than pays for itself with the money saved. You're thowing credits away by not buying these before you use companion gifts.

The bonus to crit crafting is also worth it, it's quite noticable in it's effect, eventhough it looks completely lame at first glance. If your comps are at max affection - buy this one if you craft items to sell on the GTN. The boost in yield of crafted item mods & augment slots on crafted orange gear will quicly pay for the unlock.

I use the priority travel to the BH area every time I log. It takes you directly to the BH shuttle & from there I can go to any of the dailies - or to my ship with 1 loading screen & no space docks. It's more useful than fleet pass.

The speeder 1 unlcok at level 10 is AWESOME for alts.... that's all I can say about it. the speeder 2 & 3 unlocks ~ not really worth it as speeder 2 & 3 themselves are a waste of credits until you start doing dailies & want to zip past mobs everywhere you go.
running speed = 1
speeder 1 speed =1.9
speeder 3 speed = 2.1
((2.1 -1.9) / 1.9 ) * 100 = speeder 3 is 10.5% faster NOT 20% (110% - 90% = 20% is bad math)

I use the field mail droid more than twice an hour ~ the field repair droid? ~ not so much, but I like having the option.

The GTN on my ship, buy it with cartel coins - it costs too many credits, it's nice, but not worth 5mil
mailbox on my ship, use it every time I log in, because I log on my ship since F2P went live.

The 5 second "sell my trash" button - is really really really nice ~ if your bags are always full of multiple gear sets & crafting mats.

reduced CD on QT & fleet pass are pretty meh to be honest.

I could take or leave the practice dummy I bought.

Rocket boots, nice ~ if everyone around you has them too,
otherwise they are a waste of credits that make you look like a ********

The ship "repair droid" that sells droid sensors ~ HUGE RIP OFF~ just board someone else's ship & use theirs. Seriously, after you buy your droid sensor parts, the only use for it is to sell your trash.

I will probably buy the field respec droid

The rest just kind of looks like junk...... EXP unlocks for PvP could be worth buying if you don't intend to do anything besides class missions & PvP. But the other exp unlocks are lackluster when you end up outleveling content so easily.

Lastly, I wouldn't even dream of paying 1mil to unlock HK-51 on an alt. Really - 1mil to completely break my game....gee thanks BW.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Chugster
11.27.2012 , 09:32 AM | #14
is the legacy speeder unlock different from the Cartel one? Only unless im mistaken I will need to spend 400cc or 1mil creds for each alt?
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

Cleet_Xia
11.27.2012 , 01:08 PM | #15
The cartel marget legacy speeder unlock claims to be account wide- but it is actually the same single character unlock as the legacy one. There has been a massive customer support bruhaha going over this. And the launcher has a notice about it. The legacy system unlock is only like 40K credits to unlock speeder 1 training. So at 400cc the unlock is irrationally expensive through the cartel market imho.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~