Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Michael Arndt (Hunger Games, Toy Story 3) will be one of the EP7 screenwriters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Michael Arndt (Hunger Games, Toy Story 3) will be one of the EP7 screenwriters

sstanks
11.27.2012 , 06:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
^ This is why doing drugs is a bad thing.

Toy Story 3 better than the OT.....my goodness...
that's not even debatable. Toy Story 3 managed to create more emotion in it's scenes then even Empire. The scene where Han is lowered into the carbonite chamber is great but the incinerator scene is far more dramatic and gripping.

Like I said Lots o is far more menacing villain then Emperor palapentine could ever hope to be.

epicfear
11.27.2012 , 07:41 AM | #12
It really is sad when a stuffed bear is a more intimidating villain than an evil emperor with god-like amounts of magical lightning powers.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

YoshiRaphElan
11.27.2012 , 10:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
that's not even debatable. Toy Story 3 managed to create more emotion in it's scenes then even Empire. The scene where Han is lowered into the carbonite chamber is great but the incinerator scene is far more dramatic and gripping.

Like I said Lots o is far more menacing villain then Emperor palapentine could ever hope to be.
*Wonders if he's a child*

I will give you this, though: the incinerator scene was intense. But no way any pink stuffed bear could compare with Palpatine.

MasterMe
11.27.2012 , 11:26 AM | #14

Great movie.

But Star Wars is just on a whole other level.

And no, there is no way on the planet that Lotzo-hugging-bear is more menacing then Palpatine. You could argue that Toy Story 3 is a better movie, but Star Wars is more intense and dramatic. Period.

Aurbere
11.27.2012 , 11:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Great movie.

But Star Wars is just on a whole other level.

And no, there is no way on the planet that Lotzo-hugging-bear is more menacing then Palpatine. You could argue that Toy Story 3 is a better movie, but Star Wars is more intense and dramatic. Period.
^This

Emperor of the galaxy with lightning coming out of his hands > Stuffed bear with traumatic past

Star Wars beats all because it is Star Wars
Added Chapters 39 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

sstanks
11.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
^This

Emperor of the galaxy with lightning coming out of his hands > Stuffed bear with traumatic past

Star Wars beats all because it is Star Wars
stuffed bear who is a corrupt politician who keeps in control through fear and intimidation and is willing murder others to hold on to his power.

He is a more realistic and believable villain then The Emperor who is just an old man who can use magic.

It's the same reason why a vast majority of people think that Delorus Umbridge is a scarier villain then Lord Voldemort.

Vader is more intimidating villian then Lots o but not the emperor.

Aurbere
11.27.2012 , 12:18 PM | #17
stuffed bear who is a corrupt politician who keeps in control through fear and intimidation and is willing murder others to hold on to his power.

He is a more realistic and believable villain then The Emperor who is just an old man who can use magic.

It's the same reason why a vast majority of people think that Delorus Umbridge is a scarier villain then Lord Voldemort.

You kinda described the Emperor in your attempt to make the bear a better villain. Palpatine did all of those things and more. Plus, he did many of his evil deeds for fun.
Added Chapters 39 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
11.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #18
Toy Story 3 better then the OT? LOL, I like the Toy Story movies sure...but Toy Story 3 is not better then Star Wars. Let me know when Toy Story 3, has changed an entire generation ontop of other things then we can talk.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MasterMe
11.27.2012 , 12:38 PM | #19

More realistic? LOL SERIOUSLY? Lotzo is a toy bear that talks!

ROTFLOL

sstanks
11.27.2012 , 12:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You kinda described the Emperor in your attempt to make the bear a better villain. Palpatine did all of those things and more. Plus, he did many of his evil deeds for fun.
i know i did that was the point. They have the same backstory but Lots o is a much more intidmidating villian as he is more human.