Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

monkeydud
11.26.2012 , 02:57 PM | #171
As an addendum to my report:

Similar issue to other posters : This did not happen before when I subbed from Launch to June this year. The updates appear to have broken the game. My GPU is an Athlon 64x2 so maybe not fantastic. However my Nvidia GTX 550 Ti is more than capable of pushing polygons and I have 3 MB Ram.

Also a fantastic bug thats possibly related to the reliabilty of the game. Two days ago I logged into my level 50 shadow and was greeted by ONE UI bar and a game that insisted I was a F2P player and had to pay to unlock the other five bars. Ironically as the game insisted I hadnt just paid Ł8.99 to resub I couldn't submit a help request.
Fabulous :0

On relogging it decided that apparently my money was good now but I had to reset my UI customisation, replace all my numerous skills on the bars and then got my introductory email, Digital Deluxe items and my tauntam ram pet all over again. Got to love this Free to Play (cough) transition.. silky

Jarcoby
11.27.2012 , 12:00 AM | #172
Server: Shadowlands
Characters: All
Frequency: Random, sometimes after an hour or two, but sometimes as soon as 4 minutes from log on. I had the problem before. Had it fixed for 2 weeks, then after the 1.5 patch came out it started again. Really irritating, especially when it happens in the middle of combat. Doesn't seem to have any specific cause. Have no idea how to get that spoiler thing for you, sorry. I use windows xp though.
I find your lack of cookies disturbing.

Curlyco
11.27.2012 , 12:56 AM | #173
Crash to desktop issue
1. Harbinger
2. Releon
3. Every day or other day
4. Esseles HM Flashpoint crashes same place every time, right at the end before I click on return to Coruscant, TFB SM crashed after the group wiped on Kephess and returned to the door back into Kephess
Spoiler

Spoiler

Vertiger
11.27.2012 , 01:11 AM | #174
The Harbinger
Vertiger, Zothia, Zothea, Zaggara, Zingarra, Tereadon, All my characters on the server.
Ever hour and half to two hours
It can happen while moving, opening a window
Spoiler

Spoiler

This a crash to Desktop!

None to the crashing from 11/26/12 were the event viewer.

Kyrenna
11.27.2012 , 04:37 AM | #175
1. Red Eclipse
2. Thorondor, Khany, Anihra, Aleinia, Akenia, Zengalen, Laurana, Ghaltar, Kroogen, Jarrun, Serendi, Kyrenna
3. Max 2 hours of play on the same character.
4. If I switch characters, but doesn't play them, it will happen after the 4'th or 5'th switch. It often happens while using quicktravel. It all started with patch 1.4.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. All crashes are to desktop.

zorprimus
11.27.2012 , 08:11 AM | #176
Sadly no fix listed in today's patch
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

Doji-Katami
11.27.2012 , 08:39 AM | #177
Hallo
1. The Progenitor
2. Obi-Uriel, Fenuel,,, all my characters
3. Evert time when i try start in space mission on galaxy map ("Gauntlet", "Tavius Ship", "Carida" and so on).
4. Go to ships galaxy map.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop (error window apeard informing that SW TOR will be closed becouse of program crash)

morfius
11.27.2012 , 08:54 AM | #178
How many of you play under XP compatible mode and/or as administrators?
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Kyneris
11.27.2012 , 09:11 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
How many of you play under XP compatible mode and/or as administrators?
I hope you are not about to suggest that we try running the game in either or both of those modes.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

morfius
11.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
I hope you are not about to suggest that we try running the game in either or both of those modes.
There was many performance boost treads in forums that was suggesting those above so I begin to worry are this tunings have something in common.

P.S. - For diagnostic you may also exclude your game folder from your antivirus resident scanner... it is just a way to find why many players have not memory leak and why many have and you could easy turn it back.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."