Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't complete Black Talon flashpoint

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Can't complete Black Talon flashpoint

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TomorrowKing
11.25.2012 , 02:09 PM | #11
This mission is still uncompilaeteable/

AlixMV
11.25.2012 , 11:33 PM | #12
Caught this post just after I posted to the PTS of seeing the same problem this weekend when trying to pick the 'Go on to Dromond Kass' option.

To the OP: instead of going on to Dromond Kass, have you tried picking the option to return to the Fleet? I did Black Talon again on the Live Servers and picked the 'Return to Fleet', and neither the friend I played with on the PTS nor I crashed that time (she crashed both times on the PTS trying to go to DK, I crashed the second time).
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

LiquidHayter
11.26.2012 , 12:16 AM | #13
Thumbs up for Tirvaak. While most people complain about the customer service, I think you're doing an excellent job!
I hope you get this problem fixed, good luck to the OP.
Remember: Your focus determines your reality.. And I am focusing my blaster right in between your eyes.

TomorrowKing
11.26.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
Sadly AlixMV its not working still. It did actually work the very first time this issue occured, I just went back to the station. But did it again last night and neither option worked, so I just left the flash point. Do I get any reward or experience after the jump to light speed or is what I get in combat and in way of arms and armor it? If so then I think I'll just abandon it as I'm on Nar Shada now so no reason to go back unless I get something more.

And I agree! Tirvaak has been wonderful for trying their best to help me out.

Tirvaak
11.27.2012 , 03:44 AM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys,

First off thank you for the kind feedback, I'm glad to be able to try and help you with this and any other situation you guys may encounter.

@TomorrowKing: I am sorry to hear that none of my suggestion have worked so far. After the light speed jump you will receive another mission pop up to notify of the completion of the flashpoint, as for the rewards, it has been so long since I completed it that I cannot remember. If you haven't abandoned it yet there is one other option I can suggest.

I am not entirely sure this will help but I have seen other players mention that by alt tabbing out just before the point of the crash, it seemed to bypass it altogether. So if you wish to try this please let me know how you get on. I'd say give it 30 seconds tabbed out and it will hopefully help.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Jedi_Mars
12.11.2012 , 03:24 PM | #16
I've only been getting this on the Black Talon FP, no problems from Esseles Rep side. Gonna try that alt-tab out next time I find a group for it.

*EDIT*

I can confirm that alt-tabbing out before the jump to lightspeed does work. Thanks for the help.

AlixMV
12.11.2012 , 03:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TomorrowKing View Post
Sadly AlixMV its not working still. It did actually work the very first time this issue occured, I just went back to the station. But did it again last night and neither option worked, so I just left the flash point. Do I get any reward or experience after the jump to light speed or is what I get in combat and in way of arms and armor it? If so then I think I'll just abandon it as I'm on Nar Shada now so no reason to go back unless I get something more.

And I agree! Tirvaak has been wonderful for trying their best to help me out.
Sorry that workaround didn't work again.

As someone commented downthread, I read another thread somewhere today that being in windowed mode then ALT-TABing out of the game right after selecting the departure option (Go to Dromond Kass or Return to the Fleet) and waiting for 30 seconds or so for the animation to complete before switching back to the game can also work as a workaround.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee