Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WenTalkin
11.27.2012 , 03:17 AM | #51
Great news. That was one of the few things i felt was preventing me from playing f2p. With the cartel coins i gained from my earlyer subscription, i can unlock the 3. crew skill and have pretty much everything i need to be able to play casually without subscribing.

Thank you!

Nuxxios
11.27.2012 , 03:27 AM | #52
Fantastic news indeed! I myself am a subscriber, but I indeed have about 10 friends who picked this game up when it went free-to-play - they are all very excited about this change and told me that they will continue to play this game even more since the developers actually listen to the players. Some are even thinking of becoming subscribers themselves now that they have had a chance to test the game. Awesome indeed!

CVraden
11.27.2012 , 03:31 AM | #53
Awesome. That was one of my biggest complaints about F2P. Basic UI functions shouldn't be restricted.

Now just give F2P players and preferred status players either more character slots or at least the option to buy more slots with Cartel Coins and I'd be very satisfied with ToR's transition to F2P.

Rylorn
11.27.2012 , 03:34 AM | #54
Victory, I will tell my friends who stopped playing they are allowed to to return to the game now.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

tainted_black
11.27.2012 , 03:57 AM | #55
I'm a subscriber too but this is fantastic news indeed.

Maybe now they'll also reconsider some of the other, quite frankly useless restrictions as well like not having the ability to display a title or not being able to hide your head slot because we all know how essential those are to playing an mmo and they're sure to make them lots of cash *rolls eyes*

Galbatorrix
11.27.2012 , 08:02 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
This is a huge victory for the good guys!

No, this will actually just cause more F2P QQing. Now that you know your QQing will get you more free stuff...

DarthTHC
11.27.2012 , 09:06 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
The last sentence indicates that they'll probably be offering some sort of refund for those who have purchased the quickbars.
I would tend to guess no refund. They seem to have established a very strong pattern of never refunding any cartel coins for any reason ever. They'll do something else. Anything else.

DarthTHC
11.27.2012 , 09:07 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by CVraden View Post
Awesome. That was one of my biggest complaints about F2P. Basic UI functions shouldn't be restricted.

Now just give F2P players and preferred status players either more character slots or at least the option to buy more slots with Cartel Coins and I'd be very satisfied with ToR's transition to F2P.
Wait! F2P players cannot purchase additional character slots with cartel coins? That's a huge oversight!

Atrimentus
11.27.2012 , 09:17 AM | #59
Great change! I subbed a day after joining F2P and this is a fantastic game, I hope you guys keep your word on listening to feedback so this game grows and attracts more people to try it and buy stuff from the Cartel Market . As for me, the only thing keeping me from buying coins is there isn't much incentive in the market (though I'm only level 21) so maybe putting out a few more cosmetics and the like would be nice...more variety of items basically.

Quote: Originally Posted by CVraden View Post

Certainly hope it's not for free or cheap because then what'd be the point of subscribing if we'd be getting almost everything free?

Vlacke
11.27.2012 , 10:45 AM | #60
Good news for the preferred lot indeed!
Telcontar Legacy