Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still performance issues since 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Still performance issues since 1.5

SirMannii
11.24.2012 , 03:40 AM | #1
This is a major issue. A lot of players, even when the game released, has terrible FPS in most common areas/instances such as Republic or Imperial Fleet, Warzones (when new instances are booting up -The Pit(2), The Pit(3) etc.). These things make the FPS go mad. Not for everyone of course but for the major part of the community. A 2500 computer that has been made for gaming and with no problem with any other game than SWTOR should do it. My computer is now 2 years old but still can't find itself very friendly with the game i play most(SWTOR).

After 1.3 or if it was earlier it felt like the game was going great. Then 1.4 happend and I've read posts from a lot of other players that something happend at 1.4. There are more lag/FPS-issues than ever, more screenfreezes etc. Why is that and how to resolve it?

And also, when playing a Warzone game, why is it always lagging for everyone those seconds new players join "another" match on the same map. (When you're playing for example a Novare Coast and it says NOVARE COAST: 8 and then it will lag until the game filled up a new Republic team 'til it says NOVARE COAST: 16 - in between it will lag)

Sorry for my grammar.

Regards
Tomb of Freedon Nadd-player

Paokzu
11.24.2012 , 05:31 AM | #2
Well, since 1.4 for me. I really dont understand what's going on. My computer used to play this game great but now it's near constant lag and frequent crashes to desktop. I've downloaded the latest drivers and started playing in windowed mode (things I was told may help the issue) but that didn't help and the game is becoming nearly unplayable for me. I love this game and I would hate to have to stop playing it just because this lag/crash issue isn't being fixed, I'm struggling through it now because I want to play and I know I'm not the only one. I've spoken with many players in game that have the exact same issues. Please address this.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

LEETH
11.25.2012 , 11:47 AM | #3
Same for me. I have an Alienware m17x R4 and I had a great fps, around 60-80. Now since the F2P 1.5 my FPS has droped to 20-30...

forget the pvp...

That really sux...If they wont resolve this issue asap, I will cancel my sub...that innaceptable...

Matty-Wan
11.25.2012 , 02:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Paokzu View Post
Well, since 1.4 for me. I really dont understand what's going on. My computer used to play this game great but now it's near constant lag and frequent crashes to desktop. I've downloaded the latest drivers and started playing in windowed mode (things I was told may help the issue) but that didn't help and the game is becoming nearly unplayable for me. I love this game and I would hate to have to stop playing it just because this lag/crash issue isn't being fixed, I'm struggling through it now because I want to play and I know I'm not the only one. I've spoken with many players in game that have the exact same issues. Please address this.
Exactly my situation to the letter. It would be best if BW would fix this but since they will not even acknowledge this issue, what else can we do other than what is stated above?

I crash after my memory overloads, something like 1 to 1.4 million K. The memory usage builds up after each load. So every warzone, planet, and FP I load into my memory builds until failure.
Its Starwarsy and Iconic. RIP SWG

SirMannii
11.27.2012 , 03:11 AM | #5
I need to update my post. I do NOT mean after 1.5. This started to occur after the 1.4 Patch.

You're right everyone!