Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm beginning to think Kreia was right -- the Force is sick

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I'm beginning to think Kreia was right -- the Force is sick

Trinos
11.24.2012 , 01:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
WOW nice necro there.
This is not a necro its plain grave digging.

Slowpokeking
11.24.2012 , 01:35 PM | #22
No, the Force is just a tool, personal darkness like ambition and greed is what caused these conflicts.

obi_bendyouova
11.24.2012 , 06:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cioran View Post
Did you read Unifying Force? You may like that. Goes into this more.

And yeah, I'm racking up those DS points.
one of my fav books in the series. next to Star by Star. both were shocking and awesome
I wonder if the Indiana Jones movies were Han Solos dreams while he was frozen in carbonite?

usmarshal
11.25.2012 , 12:43 AM | #24
Whats interesting to contemplate is rather or not the Force is alive. Kreia certainly thought it was, and the Force can be wounded or disturbed, and it is said to protect certain people which suggests some kind of consciousness. You could argue if the Force actually is some kind of evil entity it would allow Force sensitives to exist and manipulate its power knowing that it wouldn't have to do any work because the users would form various organizations and war against each other because of philosophical opinions, these wars serving its never ending quest for balance. Assuming it is alive why the Force would even want balance is another question though, as is why does it exist.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

OldVengeance
11.25.2012 , 05:05 PM | #25
Out of all the reasons one might have to think Darth Traya was right, this one makes the least sense. The alignment system in TOR is game mechanics, not an expression of the will of the Force. Just because one disagrees with the philosophy for morality Bioware used doesn't mean a player who considers themselves lightside could never have a reason to want to try the above mentioned choices. Not everyone will agree on what the right choice is.

Jinquai
11.26.2012 , 01:06 AM | #26
It doesn't work well with non-force users, but for a Jedi or Sith, the force tells them which actions are Dark or Light. Just because the situation at the time seems like it will only further a bad situation, maybe one of those hostages you rescue ends up saving a couple planets from a plague? Butterfly effect, and all that jazz.

Przemo_No
11.26.2012 , 04:07 AM | #27
......hmmm and I just tend to think that "the Force" is neutral in general.

It is supposed to be an "energy field that connects everything in the universe" - according to Yoda teachings. (mind that I only follow the movies, haven't read any of the wide array of books) - as such, it does not have any "preferences".
Dark Side or Light Side are only human perceptions of certain choices - and again, this can vary per character.
So we would have zillions of definitions of what is Light and Dark - something the "force": would not care about at all.

Since there are OTHER species and beings in the galaxy, the Force cannot be just "light or Dark". it simply is. Like an oxygen.
It is a "pool of power" that one can use according to his own skill and will.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

NoTomorrow
11.26.2012 , 06:33 AM | #28
The force is a real mess. It has no good or evil, neither does it have lawful or chaotic. It's just pure mess.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

maxetius
11.26.2012 , 09:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by obi_bendyouova View Post
one of my fav books in the series. next to Star by Star. both were shocking and awesome
What's the point of reading unifying force. Everything in it was contradicted in later novels until they simply retconned it with 'thinking about the force differently' = 'sith plot.'

Waste of time like 99% of the eu