Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.26.2012 , 08:57 PM | #1241
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Well that's pretty hypocritical of you then, Foxy. See, the difference is the people "not caring" aren't saying "Well you don't get to play." They are pointing out things you can do to -raise- your competitive level. Where as you are not caring if they get to play at all.

(I'd also like to know how people advoating for matchmaking aren't "caring" who you face. *Sigh*)

Honestly, I lose faith in half the pvp community more and more everyday. <.< as I said before, it really has to do with the larger real life issue... people do not take responsibility for themselves any more.
not hypocritical at all. guild A is, without question, the best on server. anyone who faces them loses. people get tired of being roflstomped and, therefore, stop Qing. I get the idea (from forums) to create relatively balanced teams to face each other -- guild A trolls me, forum flames. iunno. it doesn't stop Guild A from blowing up teams they have no business fighting in the first place. and frankly technically, it's not queue dodging. queue dodging is when you don't queue when you know the "good" guild is on. it's conceding victory and moving on. anyone who doesn't take the pop loses rating and gets zero comms. conceding victory is not Q dodging. it's not exploiting. it's a forfeit. now if two teams just trade wins, that's exploiting. there's a difference between honestly trying to beat each other and trading wins. it's not my fault that the only way to create competitive (as in close/compelling) matches entails occasionally forfeiting a match. and frankly, i've never had a rated or reg opponent ever stop pounding on me. what on earth makes you think you'd get any kind of pity from me for your having to dance around an empty wz?

saying L2P doesn't raise one's skill level. nor does getting spawn camped.

and i'm pretty sure we've covered that fact that grping doesn't mean diddly squat. grping with ppl who are good can teach you something, but most good players only grp with other good players. so good luck chuck.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.26.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1242
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
not hypocritical at all. guild A is, without question, the best on server. anyone who faces them loses. people get tired of being roflstomped and, therefore, stop Qing. I get the idea (from forums) to create relatively balanced teams to face each other -- guild A trolls me, forum flames. iunno. it doesn't stop Guild A from blowing up teams they have no business fighting in the first place. and frankly technically, it's not queue dodging. queue dodging is when you don't queue when you know the "good" guild is on. it's conceding victory and moving on. anyone who doesn't take the pop loses rating and gets zero comms. conceding victory is not Q dodging. it's not exploiting. it's a forfeit. now if two teams just trade wins, that's exploiting. there's a difference between honestly trying to beat each other and trading wins. it's not my fault that the only way to create competitive (as in close/compelling) matches entails occasionally forfeiting a match. and frankly, i've never had a rated or reg opponent ever stop pounding on me. what on earth makes you think you'd get any kind of pity from me for your having to dance around an empty wz?

saying L2P doesn't raise one's skill level. nor does getting spawn camped.

and i'm pretty sure we've covered that fact that grping doesn't mean diddly squat. grping with ppl who are good can teach you something, but most good players only grp with other good players. so good luck chuck.
Do you know how a queue works? First in Queue fights the second. If second dodges fighting the first to fight the third, it's queue dodging.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but ya'll need to grow up. Now I'm not saying the current system is fine (in fact I've made cases for cross server queue's and better matchmaking), but this blaming people for "not playing where they should" is ********. You can not call people out on "not wanting competition" when it is clear you do not want competition. If you really wanted it, you'd take the few simple steps it takes to be more competitive. But no... most of you would rather blame other people for your failures, and try and "guilt" them into not being so good, so they don't hurt your "widdle feelwings."

Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
11.26.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1243
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Do you know how a queue works? First in Queue fights the second. If second dodges fighting the first to fight the third, it's queue dodging.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but ya'll need to grow up. Now I'm not saying the current system is fine (in fact I've made cases for cross server queue's and better matchmaking), but this blaming people for "not playing where they should" is ********. You can not call people out on "not wanting competition" when it is clear you do not want competition. If you really wanted it, you'd take the few simple steps it takes to be more competitive. But no... most of you would rather blame other people for your failures, and try and "guilt" them into not being so good, so they don't hurt your "widdle feelwings."

Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.
it's a forfeit. and I do want competition. there is none. so they get the forfeit. grats. moving on. and if you want to bring this down to the gutter, cry me a "wiver" while you're at it.

i didn't ask to be coddled, here, did I? you want to rofl stomp? meh. let's not and say we did. I forfeit. here's your win. that's the system. don't whine to me about it. don't cry "unfair" and "rebalance" it's obviously how BW wants it cuz rated has been like that since its inception. sound familiar?

seriously though. why is it so one sided? do you really think (back on topic) that giving solos their own queue is such a terrible thing? I'm on a PVE server, and I'm absolutely positive that there are enough premades and solos that it would hardly put a dent into the queue times. iunno what's going on with the other servers. maybe they need another merger or something, cuz JC pops left and right, multiple instances at the same time, for the vast majority of the 24hr day.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
11.26.2012 , 10:28 PM | #1244
Quote:
Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.
Come duel me in the fleet. I'll annihilate you and show you who the better player is, and why i'm allowed to post and call children like you out when i want to on their psychopathic BS.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.26.2012 , 11:23 PM | #1245
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Come duel me in the fleet. I'll annihilate you and show you who the better player is, and why i'm allowed to post and call children like you out when i want to on their psychopathic BS.
=P I'll come duel you when you finally understand 1 vs 1 is not the epitome of PvP.

^_^ I'd like to point out the complaint is premades kicking your ***, not 1 vs 1's kicking Premades ***. Funny that.

LeonHawkeye's Avatar


LeonHawkeye
11.26.2012 , 11:26 PM | #1246
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Do you know how a queue works? First in Queue fights the second. If second dodges fighting the first to fight the third, it's queue dodging.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but ya'll need to grow up. Now I'm not saying the current system is fine (in fact I've made cases for cross server queue's and better matchmaking), but this blaming people for "not playing where they should" is ********. You can not call people out on "not wanting competition" when it is clear you do not want competition. If you really wanted it, you'd take the few simple steps it takes to be more competitive. But no... most of you would rather blame other people for your failures, and try and "guilt" them into not being so good, so they don't hurt your "widdle feelwings."

Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.
No. You're wrong, Foxmob is right. Please stop posting but thank you for your mostly worthless contributions and/or bumps to this thread, they are much appreciated. Bump for justice because Premade Vs Pug should not exist, in any way shape or form.

We undeniably need the following:

Cross Realm Function
Adequate Matchmaking
AND <----
Split Queues

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.26.2012 , 11:57 PM | #1247
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it's a forfeit. and I do want competition. there is none. so they get the forfeit. grats. moving on. and if you want to bring this down to the gutter, cry me a "wiver" while you're at it.

i didn't ask to be coddled, here, did I? you want to rofl stomp? meh. let's not and say we did. I forfeit. here's your win. that's the system. don't whine to me about it. don't cry "unfair" and "rebalance" it's obviously how BW wants it cuz rated has been like that since its inception. sound familiar?

seriously though. why is it so one sided? do you really think (back on topic) that giving solos their own queue is such a terrible thing? I'm on a PVE server, and I'm absolutely positive that there are enough premades and solos that it would hardly put a dent into the queue times. iunno what's going on with the other servers. maybe they need another merger or something, cuz JC pops left and right, multiple instances at the same time, for the vast majority of the 24hr day.
You're not asking to be coddled? Yet asking for -less- competition is exactly that. Either you take less rewards, or you take more (potential) competition.

No before anyone cries, I still think better matchmaking and cross server should be implemented (without reducing rewards or anything.) I do believe a more level playfield is good for a community, another reason I'm against the gear gap and glad to hear 1.6 is effectively going to remove it.

However, everyone should either take the steps to make themselves more competitive, or accept the consquences of their choices, which is not what's happening. Yes, there is a problem, yes there are some system changes (atleast I feel they are needed) that are needed, but it doesn't change the fact that page after page, we've watched people blame, insult, etc... everyone but themselves for others being better, for using tools to excell, and then using such lame excuses to do -worse- back to them than what's being "done" to you.

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
11.27.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1248
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...
It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...
Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!
Well folks, we can end the thread now. At least someone finally came forward and said it. I give the guy credit. He didn't try to hide behind "we play in a group because we like the challenge of....grouping...and whatever else that's supposed to mean".
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

HaLeX's Avatar


HaLeX
11.27.2012 , 03:28 AM | #1249
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...
It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...
Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!


Well folks, we can end the thread now. At least someone finally came forward and said it. I give the guy credit. He didn't try to hide behind "we play in a group because we like the challenge of....grouping...and whatever else that's supposed to mean".

^^^You hit the nail on the head very nice. The guy above is typical, but there are some guilds who actually want competition and EA should provide it.