Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if tPM was good?

LeeC
11.26.2012 , 08:17 PM | #1
So I stumbled upon this on youtube and I have to say, it is an intriguing video. Love or hate the current PT we current have this actually sounds interesting. And I fully agree about the Yoda suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICn...feature=g-vrec

Wolfninjajedi
11.26.2012 , 08:35 PM | #2
Entertainment is subjective, some like it some don't. I liked the PT, don't understand why people insist on trying to shove their own views on what movies are good and which are bad.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 08:44 PM | #3
I liked the Prequels. They had problems, but it didn't change my view of Star Wars. The PT told a story, a story that I loved. Some people didn't like them, but I did. In the end, we decide what we like. We shouldn't let other people tell us what to like and what not to like.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

sstanks
11.26.2012 , 10:34 PM | #4
What if Anakin was a banana and light sabers were giant shaved bears and the force was chewing gum... what if that.

LegendaryBlade
11.27.2012 , 02:39 AM | #5
I liked the video, it was neat.

The prequels were cinematic garbage. Let's all just hope the new trilogy is better.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

BrandonSM
11.27.2012 , 02:29 PM | #6
Visually, the PT was beautiful.

They really did an impressive job with the dualing scenes, like I seriously doubt as futuristic as SW was they would be moving as slow as Ben Kenobi did in Ep. 4 regardless if he was stalling or what.

Story-wise, Ep. 3 really shined but the other two were a mess.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

bionamaster
11.27.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Entertainment is subjective, some like it some don't. I liked the PT, don't understand why people insist on trying to shove their own views on what movies are good and which are bad.
I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the prequels.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

LegendaryBlade
11.27.2012 , 02:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Visually, the PT was beautiful.

They really did an impressive job with the dualing scenes, like I seriously doubt as futuristic as SW was they would be moving as slow as Ben Kenobi did in Ep. 4 regardless if he was stalling or what.

Story-wise, Ep. 3 really shined but the other two were a mess.
No, visually it was mediocre. Because they insisted on green screening the entire film a lot of things really step in to the uncanny valley, and only get worse over time due to the nature of using that kind of special effect. Believe it or not, your depth perception still comes in to play when watching a film. The space scenes and pod racing scene were impressive, but the rest of it was not.

The dueling scenes in the original trilogy were more accurate. High octane backflippy combat is what film critics refer to as 'shlock'. It only gets worse in the prequel trilogy, until we have the ultimate shlock-fest in Episode 3.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Wolfninjajedi
11.27.2012 , 03:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
No, visually it was mediocre. Because they insisted on green screening the entire film a lot of things really step in to the uncanny valley, and only get worse over time due to the nature of using that kind of special effect. Believe it or not, your depth perception still comes in to play when watching a film. The space scenes and pod racing scene were impressive, but the rest of it was not.

The dueling scenes in the original trilogy were more accurate. High octane backflippy combat is what film critics refer to as 'shlock'. It only gets worse in the prequel trilogy, until we have the ultimate shlock-fest in Episode 3.
Your forgetting to add "my opinion" somewhere in there.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrandonSM
11.27.2012 , 03:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post

Dueling scenes in the OT are not accurate, maybe accurate for today's world. But in a universe like SW where the two combatants are skilled Force-Users and can do all types of attacks with the force. It made no sense for them to be moving so slow.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."